[APP][2.3+][Xposed][Youtube AdAway]

Search This thread

anuraganuj707

Jan 16, 2019
YouTube history

Youtube history was not updating after enabling adaway.But I found some hosts on internet to be whitlisted to solve the above mentioned problem.And it worked for me
Here's the hosts-
•s.youtube.com
•s.ytimg.com
•youtubei.googleapis.com
•yt3.ggpht.com

Reactions: maskjr

z4cky999

Jun 24, 2020
Old tablet

Old tablet
Lollipop 5.0.2
xposed (alter touch wiz rom version)

Apkmirror YouTube 12.45.56 version (keep .apk on storage)
YouTube ad away 4.01 version

ZERO ADS-tested on all the bigger ad channels, sssniperwolf, good mythical morning, Doug demuro etc. ..

Con: have to reinstall youtube 12.45.56 .apk daily/after a reboot, as Google kills it.
Still worth it, having no YouTube ads.... when did having to watch 5 ads per channel become the norm...

Last edited:

xchikyx

Mar 12, 2017
Old tablet
Lollipop 5.0.2
xposed (alter touch wiz rom version)

Apkmirror YouTube 12.45.56 version (keep .apk on storage)
YouTube ad away 4.01 version

ZERO ADS-tested on all the bigger ad channels, sssniperwolf, good mythical morning, Doug demuro etc. ..

Con: have to reinstall youtube 12.45.56 .apk daily/after a reboot, as Google kills it.
Still worth it, having no YouTube ads.... when did having to watch 5 ads per channel become the norm...

why reinstalling daily? I've have this for months now and I haven't needed to reinstall it. Be sure to check in the playstore to have youtube with the automatic updates off.

z4cky999

Jun 24, 2020
why reinstalling daily? I've have this for months now and I haven't needed to reinstall it. Be sure to check in the playstore to have youtube with the automatic updates off.

Not sure why it happens, I use xprivacy as well. To switch off permissions.
Every time I reboot and open YouTube I get a message saying outdated app, plus a button to upgrade.
I have used this for many many years previously on kitkat, then a couple of weeks ago all apps decided to not work.

I installed lineage 17, but missed some of the old features (screen shots, using my pen), I only use a few apps, eBay, youtube, browser on this tablet.

Happy to learn more, but any newer version of YouTube I still recived ads.???? It's not ideal, but takes me 40 seconds to reinstall YouTube. . I'd waste that time in trying to watch some bigger channels anyway (the ads)

Any solutions to this would be cool.
Don't have any Google account Inc play store.
Tablet is a Samsung sm-p905 (lte version)

Last edited:

aladdins4ne

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,

I have Youtube Adaway 4.3.2 with Android 7.0. For several years it has worked with Youtube 13.29.53. Since the beginning of the month, when I launch Youtube, it says I have to update the application if I want to go further. I cannot do anything else so I go to Settings > Applications > Youtube > Storage, and I delete user data, then the screen disappears, but after some times it goes back to the same screen.

If I update to newer versions of Youtube, the adaway module does not work. :( I have tried a dozen of versions. Ads at the beginning of videos are still showing up.
I've tried Youtube Vanced with Lucky Patcher and it was working fine but I have been banned from Snpachat using it because it detects the use of third party applications so I deleted it.

Has anyone a known version of Youtube currently working with Youtube Adaway ?
Is the version of Magisk Manager important ? Mine is 20.4.

Thanks. :)

ThunderThighs

Aug 7, 2015
Hi,

I have Youtube Adaway 4.3.2 with Android 7.0. For several years it has worked with Youtube 13.29.53. Since the beginning of the month, when I launch Youtube, it says I have to update the application if I want to go further. I cannot do anything else so I go to Settings > Applications > Youtube > Storage, and I delete user data, then the screen disappears, but after some times it goes back to the same screen.

If I update to newer versions of Youtube, the adaway module does not work. :( I have tried a dozen of versions. Ads at the beginning of videos are still showing up.
I've tried Youtube Vanced with Lucky Patcher and it was working fine but I have been banned from Snpachat using it because it detects the use of third party applications so I deleted it.

Has anyone a known version of Youtube currently working with Youtube Adaway ?
Is the version of Magisk Manager important ? Mine is 20.4.

Thanks. :)
Lmao dude just use the official YouTube vanced manager. It comes with its own Google services framework and works for the latest version of YouTube. Adblocking and background playback, including additional settings. Surprised you haven't heard of it?

aladdins4ne

Aug 27, 2020
As I have said in my message, I have actually tried Youtube Vanced. :)

But :
- I got temporarily banned from Snapchat using it, the next ban won't be temporary, and as strange as it may seem, Snapchat is an app I am using a lot as well :p
- It drains my battery more than the old Youtube + Youtube AdAway combination even when not using it. I'm on a 4 year-old Samsung Galaxy S7, battery management becomes critical ^^

But if there is no way to get the Youtube AdAway to work, I will surely be using Youtube Vanced again.

What I find strange is that some people said it works fine on latest versions of Youtube.

stoph8n24

As I have said in my message, I have actually tried Youtube Vanced. :)

But :
- I got temporarily banned from Snapchat using it, the next ban won't be temporary, and as strange as it may seem, Snapchat is an app I am using a lot as well :p
- It drains my battery more than the old Youtube + Youtube AdAway combination even when not using it. I'm on a 4 year-old Samsung Galaxy S7, battery management becomes critical ^^

But if there is no way to get the Youtube AdAway to work, I will surely be using Youtube Vanced again.

What I find strange is that some people said it works fine on latest versions of Youtube.

When was the last time you tried Vanced? Much has changed, the root and non-root has worked fine for me while using Snapchat installed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App, it also supports YouTube TV/Gaming/Kids

Requirements:
    - Xposed Framwork

How to Install:
    - Install Xposed Installer and framework
    - Install YouTube AdAway App
    - Open Xposed Installer App and enable the module
    - Reboot

Notes:
    - Reboot is a MUST after updating the module.
    - This application is NOT a modified YouTube App

Bugs Report:
    - If you still get ads, disable all other modules, reboot, reproduce the ad, get a screenshot of the ad and your full xposed logs.

Download.

Mirror.

Thanks: to @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty their work on Xposed framework.
    It seems some people are still getting some ads that i cannot reproduce! So I open sourced the module, you can find the sources on my Github repo.

I cannot keep following this thread with the way some people are reporting there issues here, report your issues here with your full Xposed logs (text format), and if you are a developer willing to help, feel free to push your merge requests.

That's been said i'm closing this thread.
    It's been a while :) , i re-opened the thread to get more feed back on the new update.

I was trying to keep updating the module on the past months, but i didn't have much time to improve it the way i wanted, YouTube didn't make this task easier either, working with those proguarded sources was time consuming, add to that i don't get a much ads as people may get on other countries.

I decided to try something else other than the brute force way, so I'm managing the views layouts instead, sources pushed.

I pushed a new module update 4.0.1:
    - Get rid of brute force and resources hooking
    - Force Skip ad button to stay visible

I also implemented a way to perform a click on skip ad button, but i didn't test it, i didn't manage to get any ads.
    Sorry for the late reply, i was not running Android in the past few weeks.

I uploaded a new update 3.4.2:
    - Added back ads expiration hooks.
    - Added YouTube Go support.

If you still get ads, disable all other modules, reboot, reproduce the ad, get a screenshot of the ad and your full xposed logs.

I will try to update today, I need a few hours to set up my PC & dev environment.