[APP|2010-07-31] ANDROID BOOTCAMP v1.1 - NOT just another Android-loader... :D

Search This thread

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
A few weeks ago when the Android-on-HD2-hype started i made this small app. This piece of software was inspired by GenYDualboot (author: YOZGATG) so some credit should go to him... :D

To make it clear: I wrote this software by myself (basic4ppc) from the scratch so no code or other intellectual property has been stealed.

ANDROID BOOTCAMP v1.1

System Requirements:

* WVGA (VGA/QVGA not supported!)
* WinMob 6.5.X (not tested on WinMob 6.5)
* min. NETCF 2.0
* a SD-card containing working Android-build :D

Basic Functionality:

* WinMob based Android loader
* possible to "boot" ANDROID or to stay in Windows
* possible to "autoboot" with countdown (10sec)
* possible to choose if CLRCAD.EXE is loaded prior to HARET.EXE or not
* Autodetection of HARET.EXE and CLRCAD.exe on the SD-Card (checks if files are present in root or "\Android")
* possible to modify the path to your Android-build by changing the path in the registry
* possible to boot at systemstart (the app puts itself to "launch52" in the registry)
* possible to save your settings
* fully functional on non-WWE-Roms (checks the registry for the name of your sd-card)
* full multi-language-support (by editing the "language.ini"; at this time only german an english are buildin)
* full landscape/rotation support
* fully skinable (by modifing the PNGs in the app-folder, i'm going to release a GTX based skin or some other skins if it's wanted by the community)

* new: change font color (black/white)
* new: switchable progressbar (showed during countdown)
* new: ClearAndroid! removes Android-related junk-/tempfiles and cache!
* new: TotalClean! totally ereases your Android environment (for a clean upgrade to a new build) - USE WITH CARE!

Disclaimer:

This piece of software is free and can freely be downloaded here. You are allowed to modify, cook in or distribute my work as long as you give me some credit.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE ANY KIND OF FEE NEITHER FOR THIS SOFTWARE ALONE NOR BY INCLUDING IT OR ANY MODIFICATIONS OF IT INTO A ROM/ANDROID-BUILD OR ANY OTHER "SERVICE"!

(see threat "STOP THE STEALING" in the Android subforum for more details...)

I'm not responsable for any kind of damage or data loss on your device. The software is provided as it is and you are going to use it on your own risk.

Credits:

* the developers here and at htc-linux.org for HARET.EXE/CLRCAD.EXE and for their amazing work!
* YOZGATG for GenYDualboot

Roadmap / future functions to come in Android Bootcamp v1.2 (if wanted by the community):

* GUI-overhaul to a nicer / modern look
* add possibility to directly downloading latest zImage from the git or from cotulla's build to your Android-installation-folder
* add support to change background directly within the app
* add support for skin-changing directly within the app
* add support for checking for newer program versions
* add support to select androit installation (if more than one installation present on SD)
* add possibility to "clean" SD-Card when rebooting to WinMobile (deletion of REC-files and the "Lost+Found" folder) integrated into v1.1!
* add option "TOTALCLEAN" (ereasing all android related files and folders incl. thumbnails/cache/etc) integrated into v1.1!

More inf
o to come.... :cool:

Feel free to make your suggestions!

Attachments

• SampleLanguage.zip
    767 bytes · Views: 1,674
  • AndroidBootcamp_07.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_07.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3,806
  • AndroidBootcamp_04.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_04.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,826
  • AndroidBootcamp_03.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_03.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,168
  • AndroidBootcamp_02.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_02.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,301
  • AndroidBootcamp_06.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_06.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,577
  • AndroidBootcamp_05.jpg
    AndroidBootcamp_05.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,850
Last edited:
Reactions: wg25

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
FAQ / Userguide

Q: How do I install Android Bootcamp?
A: Just download the CAB attached to the firs post and install it to your device. It's recommended to put it into your phone-storage not to the sd-card.

Q: How do I boot into Android?
A: Click on the Android-button (the picture).

Q: The Android-button is greyed out and the app says "no Android!"
A: Make sure that there is a sd-card plugged into your device containing Android in the root or in the "\Android" subfolder. Also HARET.EXE/zHARET.EXE is required in the same folder to successfully boot Android. On program-start the app checks the registry ("HKLM\Android Bootcamp\") for a valid path to HARET.EXE/zHARET.EXE. If HARET not found or existing the app checks the rootfolder of your sd-card and after that the "\Android" subfolder. If you want to modify the path to your own needs go to the registry and alter the value "Haret" in the key "HKLM\Software\Android Bootcamp".

Q: How do I make sure that CLRCAD.EXE is started prior to HARET.EXE
A: Click on the checkbox next to activate CLRCAD or select the option in the settings-menu. On program-start the app checks the registry ("HKLM\Android Bootcamp\") for a valid path to CLRCAD.EXE. If CLRCAD not found or existing the app checks the rootfolder of your sd-card and after that the "\Android" subfolder and after that it takes the CLRCAD.EXE in the Android-Bootcamp program folder. If you want to modify the path to your own needs go to the registry and alter the value "CLRCAD" in the key "HKLM\Software\Android Bootcamp".

Q: How do I stop the countdown?
A: Just tap on the countdown-message or tap on the checkbox next to "activate AutoBoot".

Q: How do i activate/deactivate AutoBoot?
A: Check or uncheck the checkbox next to "activate AutoBoot" or select the corresponding option in the settings-menu.

Q: What does "execute at Boottime" mean?
A: The App makes 2 entries to the registry ("HKLM\init\Launch52" and "HKLM\init\Depend52"). These entries make sure that Android-Bootcamp is started during the WinMob boot procedure with the saved settings as soon a possible. Please note that the boot process does not stop and continues loading system processes after Bootcamp is started. I suggest also to check the "AutoBoot" option so that Android/WinMob is loaded automatically after 10sec. To disable this option uncheck the option (registy changes made immediately - no "save settings" is needed)

Q: How do I save my settings? Why are my settings not saved?
A: Your settings are not saved automatically - choose "Save settings" in the settings-menu prior to booting Android or closing the app.

Q: How do I activate the landscape support?
A: Landscape and screen-rotation is fully supported by the app itself but it's possible that you have to add the app to the rotation-whitelist. If you don't know how to do this - google for TouchTools or BSB-Tweak. With the help of these apps you can enable rotation service easily to any program.

Q: The program gives me the error-message "No Registry-values found, create them now?"!
A: Possibly you deleted one/some reg-values needed by the app. Just click to "YES" and all settings/RegKeys will be created with default values.

Q: I'm not naturally speaking english/german. How do I add my own language?
A: This can be done very easily by modifing the file "language.ini" in the Android Bootcamp - program folder. Please make sure that the first line is the name of the language and that the ini's structure isn't altered (NO SPACES between value, "=" and translation!!)

Q: How do I add my own skin?
A: Modify the PNG-files in the Android Bootcamp prgram folder to your own needs after making a backup of the orginal files (recommended). Feel free to post your files compressed to a ZIP-file here!

Q: I still don't get "execute at Boottime" to work!!
A: First be aware of the fact that the "execute at Boottime"-option puts the Android Bootcamp app into the row of the startup processes (look at the regkey "HKLM\init\" for all processes loaded automatically at systemstart!). Also note that by loading Bootcamp the startup-process doesn't stop. That means the system starts Bootcamp and continues loading the remaining systemprocesses afterwards and probably puts Android into the background without the ability to bring it to foreground again (it's not listed in some task-managers). So it's recommended that not only " "execute at Boottime" but also "AutoBoot" is selected. These options enable Bootcamp to load at startup and to boot either into WinMob or Android (depends on your settings saved) and EXIT after the countdown gone to zero.

Here is a detailed guide:

1. make sure that a sd-card containing a functional android build is plugged into your hd2 (Android AND HARET present!)
2. start Android Bootcamp
3. select "Autoboot"
4. select Android as Autoboot-OS (tap the radiobutton below the androidbutton or select the corresponding option in the settingsmenu)
5. select "execute at boottime"
6. save your settings

When the system starts Android Bootcamp is loaded. If an Android-SD-Card is present Android will boot after 10 sec regardless if Bootcamp is in fore- or background. If no Android-SD-Card is plugged in, WinMob is selected automatically, System will boot after 10 sec and Bootcamp quits.
This should work for you.

If you still encounter problems check your registry after you checked the "execute at boottime" option. 2 new values should be in the RegKey "HKLM\init": "Launch52" and "Depend52" - If they are not present something went wrong. You can also try to change the valueNAMES from "Launch52" to "Launch62" and "Depend52" to "Depend62" respectively.

Q: Is it possible if you can code it so it can find CLRCAD and Haret in the "cm6-htcleo" folder for the CyanogenMod release / in some other custom folder?
A: Yes, it's already possible - open your registry with a regeditor and go to the key "HKLM\Software\Android Bootcamp". Check and edit the VALUE "Haret" and put the FULL PATH to your HARET.EXE / zHARET.EXE in there. After this modification Bootcamp should be able to find your Android-Installation. The feature of selecting a custom folder is added with the next release of Bootcamp.

NOTE: Be aware that "CleanAndroid!" and "TotalClean!" doesn't work with custom Android folders - these two options look for an Android-environment in the root of your storage card or in the "Storage Card\Android" folder respectively. So keep an eye on those two (probably dangerous) features, so that not the wrong files get lost...

Last edited:

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
SKINS

Q: How do I install a skin?
A: Download the zipped skin-file here and extract all files to the Android Bootcamp program folder overwriting the orginal files.

Q: How do I add my own skin?
A: Modify the JPG/PNG-files in the Android Bootcamp program folder to your own needs after making a backup of the orginal files (recommended). Make sure that your files have the same dimensions and keep their file format! Feel free to post your files compressed to a ZIP-file - I will add them here! :D

NOTES:

* GTX-based skin is beta/for testing only and does not look very good - better version will be uploaded with the next program version (see text color issue above)
* Text color can't be changed a this time - going to add an option in the next version to switch between black/white fixed in v1.1
* there is some minor picture-misallignment regarding the android button. This is already fixed in the code an will be included in the upcomming update fixed in v1.1

Attachments

• Skin_GTXbeta_01.jpg
    Skin_GTXbeta_01.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 720
  • Skin_pureblack_01.jpg
    Skin_pureblack_01.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 656
  • BootcampSkin_GTX.zip
    201.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

essojay

Jan 22, 2004
hi, thanks for the nice app, but could you please include autoclean or auto delete of the "android" folder on sdcard as it tampers with rootfs when re booting.

thanks

bR

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
hi, thanks for the nice app, but could you please include autoclean or auto delete of the "android" folder on sdcard as it tampers with rootfs when re booting.

thanks

bR

Please explain this issue to me because i don't have this kind of problem in my setting. Do you want to have an option to "automatically clean" the root/android folder of your sd-card after rebooting (to WinMob)? What kind files should be cleaned? I easyly could add an option to clean the "*.REC" files and the "LOST+Found" folder if this is wanted.

essojay

Jan 22, 2004
each time you reboot into windows and want to getback into Android, you have this complaint about rootfs not found , and the fix is to delete the "android" folder on the sdcard, this folder is auto generated. this happen each time you reboot and want to get back to android. There is a thread about this somewhere...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=736306&highlight=rootfs

bR

Last edited:

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
each time you reboot into windows and want to getback into Android, you have this complaint about rootfs not found , and the fix is to delete the "android" folder on the sdcard, this folder is auto generated. this happen each time you reboot and want to get back to android. There is a thread about this somewhere...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=736306&highlight=rootfs

bR

Hmm, I looked at the given threat and this issue seems strange to me. I never had this kind of problem and this could be BECAUSE my Android-installation resides in the folder "SD-CARD\ANDROID". Darkstone and Dani recommend to put their builds (Froyo) into the Android subfolder and not directly to the root-folder of the sd-card.

Adding a option to clear or to delete the android folder seems not acceptible to me because - like I said - many people including myself have their Android installation in this specific folder and consecutively would destroy their Android environment.
But i'm considering to add a TOTALCLEAN-feature so the user can easily prepare the sd-card for a new android build by ereasing his android installation and all corresponding files and folders (thumbnails, cache, etc.) without the need of formatting the sd-card.

gus_chi

Mar 27, 2010
Epic

Very nice GUI! I will be giving this a try. :D Seems like a good time to experiment with some different flavors of Android...Weekend Project! w00t!

essojay

Jan 22, 2004
Yes Ironheart...am going to try the sdcard/android way and let you know.. just read somewhere about everything in the android folder.. thanks.. will let you know

bR

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
Sorry, i checked "Boot at bootime" option but the program is not run automatically on startup

First be aware of the fact that the "execute at Boottime"-option puts the Android Bootcamp app into the row of the startup processes (look at the regkey "HKLM\init\" for all processes loaded automatically at systemstart!). Also note that by loading Bootcamp the startup-process doesn't stop. That means the system starts Bootcamp and continues loading the remaining systemprocesses afterwards and probably puts Android into the background without the ability to bring it to foreground again (it's not listed in some task-managers). So it's recommended that not only " "execute at Boottime" but also "AutoBoot" is selected. These options enable Bootcamp to load at startup and to boot either into WinMob or Android (depends on your settings saved) and EXIT after the countdown gone to zero.

Here is a detailed guide:

1. make sure that a sd-card containing a functional android build is plugged into your hd2 (Android AND HARET present!)
2. start Android Bootcamp
3. select "Autoboot"
4. select Android as Autoboot-OS (tap the radiobutton below the androidbutton or select the corresponding option in the settingsmenu)
5. select "execute at boottime"
6. save your settings

When the system starts Android Bootcamp is loaded. If an Android-SD-Card is present Android will boot after 10 sec regardless whether Bootcamp is in foreground or or not. If no Android-SD-Card is plugged in, WinMob is selected automatically, System will boot after 10 sec and Bootcamp quits.
This should work for you.

If you still encounter problems check your registry after you checked the "execute at boottime" option. 2 new values should be in the RegKey "HKLM\init": "Launch52" and "Depend52" - If they are not present something went wrong. You can also try to change the valueNAMES from "Launch52" to "Launch62" and "Depend52" to "Depend62" respectively.

Last edited:

HD2_Noob

Dec 19, 2009
Future functions to come in Android Bootcamp v1.1 (if wanted by the community):

* add possibility to directly downloading latest zImage from the git or from cotulla's build to your Android-installation-folder
* add possibility to "clean" SD-Card when rebooting to WinMobile (deletion of REC-files and the "Lost+Found" folder)
* add option "TOTALCLEAN" (easy preparation of your SD-Card without formatting by ereasing all android related files and folders incl. thumbnails/cache/etc)
* add support to select androit installation (if more than one installation present on SD)

+1 Want have :)

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006
[/QUOTE]
my contribution to the theming :D

Nicely done! going to put your skin to post#3...

Thank you!

EDIT:

I testet your theme and i had to lightly modify it to keep text-readability (blur filter, less light, htc-logo removed)... i hope you are ok with my modifications. Still good job done (added to skins)

Last edited:

ironheart

Oct 4, 2006

Attachments

• Bootcamp_newFeatures_04.jpg
    Bootcamp_newFeatures_04.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Bootcamp_newFeatures_03.jpg
    Bootcamp_newFeatures_03.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Bootcamp_newFeatures_02.jpg
    Bootcamp_newFeatures_02.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Bootcamp_newFeatures_01.jpg
    Bootcamp_newFeatures_01.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Bootcamp_BlackFont.jpg
    Bootcamp_BlackFont.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Bootcamp_WhiteFont.jpg
    Bootcamp_WhiteFont.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few weeks ago when the Android-on-HD2-hype started i made this small app. This piece of software was inspired by GenYDualboot (author: YOZGATG) so some credit should go to him... :D

To make it clear: I wrote this software by myself (basic4ppc) from the scratch so no code or other intellectual property has been stealed.

ANDROID BOOTCAMP v1.1

System Requirements:

* WVGA (VGA/QVGA not supported!)
    * WinMob 6.5.X (not tested on WinMob 6.5)
    * min. NETCF 2.0
    * a SD-card containing working Android-build :D

Basic Functionality:

* WinMob based Android loader
    * possible to "boot" ANDROID or to stay in Windows
    * possible to "autoboot" with countdown (10sec)
    * possible to choose if CLRCAD.EXE is loaded prior to HARET.EXE or not
    * Autodetection of HARET.EXE and CLRCAD.exe on the SD-Card (checks if files are present in root or "\Android")
    * possible to modify the path to your Android-build by changing the path in the registry
    * possible to boot at systemstart (the app puts itself to "launch52" in the registry)
    * possible to save your settings
    * fully functional on non-WWE-Roms (checks the registry for the name of your sd-card)
    * full multi-language-support (by editing the "language.ini"; at this time only german an english are buildin)
    * full landscape/rotation support
    * fully skinable (by modifing the PNGs in the app-folder, i'm going to release a GTX based skin or some other skins if it's wanted by the community)

* new: change font color (black/white)
    * new: switchable progressbar (showed during countdown)
    * new: ClearAndroid! removes Android-related junk-/tempfiles and cache!
    * new: TotalClean! totally ereases your Android environment (for a clean upgrade to a new build) - USE WITH CARE!

Disclaimer:

This piece of software is free and can freely be downloaded here. You are allowed to modify, cook in or distribute my work as long as you give me some credit.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE ANY KIND OF FEE NEITHER FOR THIS SOFTWARE ALONE NOR BY INCLUDING IT OR ANY MODIFICATIONS OF IT INTO A ROM/ANDROID-BUILD OR ANY OTHER "SERVICE"!

(see threat "STOP THE STEALING" in the Android subforum for more details...)

I'm not responsable for any kind of damage or data loss on your device. The software is provided as it is and you are going to use it on your own risk.

Credits:

* the developers here and at htc-linux.org for HARET.EXE/CLRCAD.EXE and for their amazing work!
    * YOZGATG for GenYDualboot

Roadmap / future functions to come in Android Bootcamp v1.2 (if wanted by the community):

* GUI-overhaul to a nicer / modern look
    * add possibility to "clean" SD-Card when rebooting to WinMobile (deletion of REC-files and the "Lost+Found" folder) integrated into v1.1!
    * add option "TOTALCLEAN" (ereasing all android related files and folders incl. thumbnails/cache/etc) integrated into v1.1!

More inf
    o to come.... :cool:

Feel free to make your suggestions!