[APP][2010/10/27]Vibro v1.5 - Vibration pattern for Incoming Calls, SMS and EMail

Search This thread

earthjumper

Jan 5, 2007
Hello,

After a long time when I could not continue programming, I am now again a little update. With this update, I will publish the source code, since I barely have time to make the program more.:mad:
Maybe find a programmer who put on my make more!

I will also, if I can not continue programming, trying to do here in this thread, give further support added ...:cool:

I have wrote a Program to change the vibration pattern for incoming calls, SMS and EMail.:rolleyes:

!!! Use this tool at your own risk !!!

Feature:
- Two separate Programms.One EXE for Configuration (VibroCFG) and one EXE for notification (Vibro).
- Multilanguage
- separately config Phone, SMS and EMail
- Vibration pattern set for Phone, SMS and EMail separately
- SMS and EMail vibration set in lengths in different
- Alternate SMS interception
- In what will be Profiel Vibrates
- Choose a Vibrator
- Cab-File that install the Programm

How To...
- Install the CAB on the Device
- Run VIBROCFG.EXE
- Setup Pattern -> Vibrate,Break,Vibrate,Break in ms
- Setup Profile -> In what is to be vibrated Profile (You can see the active Profile in your Phone, under the Profilesettings)
- Setup Vibrator-Nr -> Which vibrator works vibrate. Mostly the highest number.
- Configure SMS,EMail
- Press Exit in the Menu and the Programm Save the INI and Start the VIBRO.EXE
- When you reset you device. Vibro.Exe is in the Startup, so it runs automticly.(After you have Phoneservice)

FAQ
- Pattern repeat x 1 -> The pattern that you have entered is repeated X times (e.g.:200,200,100,100 -> 200,200,100,100,200,200,100,100,200,200,100,100 ).
- You must check the Profile, you want to vibrate the pattern.
- If you want to Backup. Copy only the Vibro.ini...That's all.Vibro writes nothing to the Registry.
Vibro deactivates the vibration option in the Notification Settings. When you deinstall Vibro, you must set this option manually.Otherwise your phone does vibrate when a call or sms/email is incomming.

Known Bugs
-

This Programm is my First APP I programm on the PPC, so it's not perfect. Please give me feedback as it works for you.

Code:
V1.5
- Publish Sourcecode
- Some small changes
- New Dutch language (thx frank)
- New Bulgarian language (thx gregory69)

V1.4
- Some small changes

V1.3
- New Polish language (thx klekot)
- Fix:  Notification ton problem with some devices
- Left/Right slide in VibroCFG remove... (Speed up/  Hope, the problem for Elena is repaired thereby)

V1.2a
- Remove: Debug-Mode (some Problems)
- New: Language select at First-Start for VibroCFG

V1.2
- Fix: EMail notificaton (Activesync/push/other)
- New english Language (thx saumaun)
- Remove: Fadeout time...
- New: Debug-Mode for Vibro.exe

V1.1
- Fix: If you change only the pattern, it is not saved.
- Fix: Textbox in the Pattern-Settings.
- Fix: Translation-File is in UTF-8
- Fix: Mute for SMS / E-Mail
- Another try for Phone-Vibration end.
- French (thx Albator V)
- Russian (thx technicien)
- Donate-Button in Menu -> About

V1.0
- Two separate Programms.One EXE for Configuration (VibroCFG) and one EXE for notification (Vibro).
- Configuration with new GUI. Better for qVGA,VGA,WVGA etc..
- SMS alternate interception.
- EMail sound fixed.
- smaller Memory usage.
- Seperate languagefile for each language.(You can edit it with a Text-Editor. When you translte it to an other language send it to me. Referece is german...I have translate the german with googletranslator to english)

V0.9a
- Alternate SMS-Interception with Standrad SMS-Tone from WinMo
- Bugfix tone-output for EMail.(i have forgot a dll)

V0.9
- Alternate SMS-Interception (for HTC-Massagesystem)
- Multilanguage (reference is German)

V0.8
- Integrate EMail notification
- Make a ReadMe (It is in the Cab. After install, you find it on "\Programm\Vibro\")

V0.6
- Only on EXE
- Some changes in the GUI
- Volume Down can Mute Vibration
- Some changes in some routines

V0.5
- Sound length removed
- another routine to determine the profile
- When receiving an SMS in the vibration mode, was the standard SMS-Vibration output pattern. As I make this stop, they now have changed Profiel briefly Silent to vibrate the pattern.
- Fix try 2: If second call is received, vibrate, no. (Can not test it myself)

V0.4
- CAB File Install a shortcut into Startup to start at boot.
- Separate pattern for PHONE and SMS
- New GUI for VIBROCFG
- Fix: VIBRO.EXE hide at Startup
- Fix try: If second call is received, vibrate, no. (Can not test it myself) -> Try dosen't fix it.

V0.3
- Vibration for SMS(no MMS,EMAIL) (The length of the sound file specifies the length of vibration)
- SMS vibrate: Set Vibration in the Start->Settings->Notification->New SMS->Vibrate=On
- SMS vibrate at the same Profile as the incoming call(Set in VIBROCFG.EXE)

V0.2
- New Config-GUI
- In English

V0.1
- First Version

Click here if u want to get me a cup of coffee (PayPal)

P.S.:I'm German and I have to use the Google translator
..:(

Attachments

• Hauptmenu.jpg
    Hauptmenu.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,735
Last edited:

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
first reply :)

Great,

Been looking for something like this:eek:
Will test it and report back later.

edit:
First off: it's a complete german program (hope to see it change:)).
If i understand it right you can set the Vibration pattern with the config tool:
Like: 100,50,200,150
This means 100MS vibration,50MS pause,200MS vibration,150MS pause.
Still playing with it, trying to add a longer rule (like: 100,50,100,50,200,100,200,100)
It seems possible but not sure about it.
CORRECT Me when i'm wrong, i don't understand German, but it looks it works like this.

Not played with the different profiles yet (don't have a clue how that works).

The process (VIBRO.exe) takes about 607 KB memory when running on my Touch Pro 2 (custom WM 6.5)
The config tool (VIBROCFG.EXE) uses 2 MB memory (doesn't need to run all the time).

I would love to help you out translating or reviewing it more (screenshots needed)?

Enough for today...

Last edited:

Mamamam

May 14, 2007
witzig, weiter so und danke ;)

schön wäre natürlich, wenn mans direkt im System ändern könnte.
hab schon so viele Programme im Hintergrund

earthjumper

Jan 5, 2007
Great,

Been looking for something like this:eek:
Will test it and report back later.

edit:
First off: it's a complete german program (hope to see it change:)).
If i understand it right you can set the Vibration pattern with the config tool:
Like: 100,50,200,150
This means 100MS vibration,50MS pause,200MS vibration,150MS pause.
Still playing with it, trying to add a longer rule (like: 100,50,100,50,200,100,200,100)
It seems possible but not sure about it.
CORRECT Me when i'm wrong, i don't understand German, but it looks it works like this.

Not played with the different profiles yet (don't have a clue how that works).

The process (VIBRO.exe) takes about 607 KB memory when running on my Touch Pro 2 (custom WM 6.5)
The config tool (VIBROCFG.EXE) uses 2 MB memory (doesn't need to run all the time).

I would love to help you out translating or reviewing it more (screenshots needed)?

Enough for today...

I have updated my Post... Thanks for the info, what should I explain it.;)

bbonzz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2008
works ok, till now, on my HD. I use this pattern:

Code:
100,100,100,100,100,300,250,200,250,600,100,100,100,100,100,1000,100,100,100,100,100,300,250,200,250,600,100,100,100,100,100,2000

(it's the old nokia script for valert, that instead doesn't work)

wizaard

Jun 27, 2008
matejgottwald.wordpress.com
Gotta try that app on my Diamond - V-Alert was great but simply didn't work in the end. As far as I can see, you guys report this one works.

lwiczek: I would also like to see a version capable of handling the SMS/MMS vibration! (Lwiczek - "little lion" - good nick :)!)

earthjumper: Es würde sicher gut sein, wenn die App die SMS und MMS Vibration ändern konnte! Jedoch - eine gute Arbeit von dir!

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
Any chances for customizing patterns for sms/mms/mail?

Yep, same here. Sent you a PM earthjumper on this.

This would be AWESOME. Literally amazing to do this as my TP2 sounds like it is possessed when an SMS comes in.

I even think doing say a vibrate and tone would be great. That way we know if it's an e-mail, sms, or mms coming in.

Best thing ever used on the Treo was Butler, and now with WM, i've been looking for something to replace it with alerts, and nothing so far that is even close.

Thanks earthjumper

azza1001

Sep 17, 2009
Kyiv
Earthjumper, thanks for application, it's very nice. Only sad thing is a conflict with Phonex. Phonex doesn't start after first SR. Warning message says something like "Phonex is not valid WM application". It's definitely Vibra issue. Before trying it, I found same report on one Russian forum. So before installing Vibra I made backup - just in case, installed Vibra, and unfortunately got same issue. After recovering system Phonex is fine again. Seems like I have to wait for this problem solution before I can try your program again. Any ideas how to fix it?

earthjumper

Jan 5, 2007
Earthjumper, thanks for application, it's very nice. Only sad thing is a conflict with Phonex. Phonex doesn't start after first SR. Warning message says something like "Phonex is not valid WM application". It's definitely Vibra issue. Before trying it, I found same report on one Russian forum. So before installing Vibra I made backup - just in case, installed Vibra, and unfortunately got same issue. After recovering system Phonex is fine again. Seems like I have to wait for this problem solution before I can try your program again. Any ideas how to fix it?

Ok,
I do not know Phonex, my program make no Registry-entries, or install psomething.
After the start of VIBRO.EXE is read in the INI file and the program puts into the background. Windows Events are supervised, which cause then a vibrating. If VIBRO.EXE does not run, there might be also no conflicts.
Is Net 2.0 or higher installed ?

Thanks for testing...

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
I'm patient -- no worries or pressure ! :)
And I'm super excited about working sms vibration pattern chaning! (for the moment when phone is on the table I sometimes think it might break it ;) )
Thanks for the great app!

:D Me too. I was so fed up with the long 3.5sec or so vibrate on SMS with 2 people, I turned the phone to SILENT. This way I didn't have to throw it :)

I'm patient too ;)

azza1001

Sep 17, 2009
Kyiv
Ok,
I do not know Phonex, my program make no Registry-entries, or install psomething.
After the start of VIBRO.EXE is read in the INI file and the program puts into the background. Windows Events are supervised, which cause then a vibrating. If VIBRO.EXE does not run, there might be also no conflicts.
Is Net 2.0 or higher installed ?

Thanks for testing...

Yeah, I have .NET CF 3.5 installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    issues with text messages

Just to let you know, I've been experiencing issues with text messages. Sometimes I was unable to write them - tmail wouldn't start at all - soft reset was needed. Sometimes I was unable to send them - it kept waiting and sms were not sent. But what was the worst - I was not receiving sms - despite the fact that sender received delivery report as message delivered. After couple of weeks of tweaking, testing, flashing, uninstalling and installing, I've discovered that this whole issue is caused by Vibro. I've uninstalled it and with all of my applications, all has been fine for few days already.