[APP][26-10-2009] AutoLight V2.5 - Better Auto Backlight for Topaz

Compare AutoLight to native backlight management

• Total voters
Search This thread

kurtfimmers

Video Files in Album

Hey Thanks for the great app, I'm running it on a TP2 Dutch unbranded version and it works very good! I configurated the program to use even less backlight and now I'm able to save some battery.

I added the program 'Album' to the Application list (9 +) so when showing photo's with the 'full screen application from HTC' (when you push on a picture in the TF3D) I get full backlight and it works great.

I only have one question, when there is a movie in the picture series and I start to play it the backlight fades as probably another program is opened, without a title bar so I can't seem to find wich apllication title to add to the AutoLight so keep the backlight as bright as in Album.

Does anyone know wich apllication title should be used here? I already tried 'Windows Media' and 'Streaming Media' but it doens't seem to work...

Thanks in advance and thanks again to oruam57 for the great app!

Last edited:

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Hey Thanks for the great app, I'm running it on a TP2 Dutch unbranded version and it works very good! I configurated the program to use even less backlight and now I'm able to save some battery.

Nice to know.

I only have one question, when there is a movie in the picture series and I start to play it the backlight fades as probably another program is opened, without a title bar so I can't seem to find wich apllication title to add to the AutoLight so keep the backlight as bright as in Album.

Using Dotfred's Task Manager (http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm) you can inspect every running program for details, including every open window and its title and class name.

kurtfimmers

Can't seen to find the application. I tried this already with the advanced task manager but no success. The only app to find is the Album (HTCAlbum) but that's the photo part I guess. I think the video windows is temp closed by the time you get in the task mgr so you can't see it?

Maybe you could try this yourself and see what i mean.

Thx

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Can't seen to find the application. I tried this already with the advanced task manager but no success. The only app to find is the Album (HTCAlbum) but that's the photo part I guess. I think the video windows is temp closed by the time you get in the task mgr so you can't see it? Maybe you could try this yourself and see what i mean.

With Dotfred's Task Manager I found the window. Unfortunately, it has a null title so it is not possible to assign a custom backlight to it :(

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Can't seen to find the application. I tried this already with the advanced task manager but no success. The only app to find is the Album (HTCAlbum) but that's the photo part I guess. I think the video windows is temp closed by the time you get in the task mgr so you can't see it? Maybe you could try this yourself and see what i mean.

This is a prerelease that match on title OR class name of the window.

To try it:
- using the Configurator stop AutoLight;
- backup old version of AutoLight.exe;
- overwrite AutoLight.exe with the one extracted from the ZIP;
- run AutoLigth.exe;
- using the configurator add a new application with title/class "AtlAxWin80" (no quotes, case sensitive) with 9+ or 10= Value/Mode.

Now put your sunglasses on ;) and start your video.

On my Topaz it works. Hope that on Rhodium the window class is the same.

Last edited:

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Release 2.2 posted.

The application exception list can now use the application window title (e.g. "Camera", "TomTom Navigator") or the application window class name (e.g. "IACSP20_Main", "MunichWinClass"). Remember that title or class name are case sensitive.

To obtain the window class name and advanced task manager is required. A very good and free one is Dotfred's at http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Last edited:

kurtfimmers

Thanx man! You're a hero! I installed ver 2.2, added the window and indeed needed my sunglasses when the video came up! Very Nice.

Is there any way to donate? Not just for the great customizable app but also for the great service and very fast and accurate feedback!

Thanx again!

kent1985

Jul 1, 2009
Cool Apps~~ Like it much!!! thanks man!! tried G Light before and it feel like resource hogger and limited function. :D

gyedema

Sep 12, 2007
Too bad. After trying Lumos, G-light and some other stuff I hoped that this app could fix my problem: after certain amount of time (between 30secs and 1 minute) the backlight of my Topaz goes off. Normally no problem, but if I'm running TomTom (latest) on battery power, its rather annoying.

Installed it as the startpost suggested, added TomTom Navigator.exe to the exceptions, and started to hope.
Doesn't do the trick; screen went blank again...

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
After trying Lumos, G-light and some other stuff I hoped that this app could fix my problem: after certain amount of time (between 30secs and 1 minute) the backlight of my Topaz goes off.

Auto backlight management does not try to keep the backlight always on, only to adjust it to external light.
I suppose you already checked you backlight timeout settings in the Control Panel Power applet.

ecard

Sep 6, 2007
VGA Device?

Are you planning to release it to VGA device like my TLP?

I would like to give it a try.

Thanks

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
V2.4 released.
New freeze command to suspend backlight change in rapidly changing light environment. Most useful when the phone is used as navigator inside a car.