• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] 27-OCT-2010 Circular battery Indicator with % (No root required)

Search This thread

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Hi

UPDATE 27-OCT-2010
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8639993

UPDATE 17-OCT-2010
Fixed some small FC issue reported by a friend :)

UPDATE 16-OCT-2010
Alright a new version, with gradient color fill, less complicated code, and new icon :)

grids.png

deviceum.png

Desire
yesterday i wanted to get a battery status bar for my desire just like the picture below

44749876.png

found a thread here that explain how to get it

Super Circle Battery with % |Version A-I & Z (Custom)| Desire 2.2 ROM

Problem
However i found out that i am un-able to use it because the requirments for installing (what i have been told in the thread) is that your device has to be

1. Rooted
2. Have different ROM than the stock ROM

personally i find it very inconvenient to root & flash a new ROM just to get this battery circular percentage (thats all i want, I am pretty satisfied with the stock FROYO 2.2)

Solution
I have modified an APK, used an existing programming logic but with different presentation.

the APK can be installed to your Desire (and probably other android phones without any problems) and it will show you what you want in the notification bar, just like in the screenshot below
device1s.png

Advantages
- You will not need to root your device (this APP will not change any system files in the framework-res.apk)
- You will not need to install different ROM
- Small size APK, you can just download, install and enjoy :)

Credits
- Battery Indicator from Darshan Computing (Freeware)
- Graphics provided by Fightspit & mendozinas (Thank you!)

any feedback would be appreciated

Attachments

• circular_battery_indicator.apk
    442.2 KB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:

mendozinas

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
wow, thats great.
is this app with one style or choosable from few?

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
That is nice :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

wow, thats great.
is this app with one style or choosable from few?

thanx :)
I only made this style because its the one I like, cant see why other styles shouldnt work, will work on an easy way to make this whole thing customizable and will update the first post :)
works on droid x no problem
great! dont think it should have any problem with any android device, 1.6+ at least

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
UPDATE 16-OCT-2010
Alright a new version, with gradient color fill, less complicated code, and new icon !

kkwong00

May 30, 2005
very nice app, can u add an option to select text colour cuz i'm using milestone, the status bar is white colour so i almost cannot see the % text.

thx
kk

shawe_ewahs

Jun 20, 2009
Can you add a themable version reading files from SD card? In this way anybody can use and test its own icon style :D

andrei_

Aug 16, 2007
Bucharest
Thanks, very nice indeed, the only problem is that on the Desire, the background color of the notification area is white and the text of the application is also white, but this is rather minor. The other thing I'm missing from Battery Indicator Pro is the option to disable the lock screen, but this is also minor (I've installed No Lock).

Sent from my HTC Desire

Sener69

Jul 26, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well i guess i have to work with this apk. Looks great just what i wanted, but like you, I wanted it in my battery icon area. Unfortunatley root is required if you have Froyo 2.2. Well until i find a good reason to root my, I'll be fine with this. Thanks again for making this.

Stock Evo Froyo 2.2