[APP][29/11/09] l3v5y Multitouch Paint

Search This thread

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
In the same style as the Stantum resistive multitouch screen demos, I've made a multitouch paint application.

There's a video here.

You can use one finger on the "slider" to select the colour, and the other to draw with, or just draw with one or both fingers. Double tap to clear the screen, and press and hold to exit.

Let me know what you think!

You need to soft reset before this will work properly.

For those of you with single touch screens, it'll work, but with only one finger at a time... :(

Developers, check out this.

Attachments

• l3v5yMultiTouchDemo.CAB
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,519
Last edited:

counterfitninja

Jul 17, 2008
Bath
Youtube just taking a while to process....

This looks amazing L3v5y well done that man!

All I need now is the HD2 to play with.

barbapappa_86

Nov 11, 2008
Umeå
Looks good indeed :) Some suggestions:

1. Tap and hold under the color bar to get a magnifier glas to se the color you selected.

2. If you swipe the screen slowly the drawing becomes choppy.. Dont know why but you might want to look in to it :)

3. Select other sizes for the brush..

Good work! :)

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Looks good indeed :) Some suggestions:

1. Tap and hold under the color bar to get a magnifier glas to se the color you selected.

2. If you swipe the screen slowly the drawing becomes choppy.. Dont know why but you might want to look in to it :)

3. Select other sizes for the brush..

Good work! :)

1) Sounds like a nice idea, will think how best to do that.
2) That's because I'm drawing a line between the previous point and the current point. When you move less far, the line is shorter than it is wide, and much more prone to that. Will work on getting it less choppy.
3) That sounds like it could be useful, will think how to do that...

I'm also thinking it might be useful to save images, and "retract" the colour selector so you can use the whole screen.

bumskee

Oct 29, 2009
l3v5y,
looks amazing.. multitouch! who would have thought..
Just curious.. do you have plans to take this further? I am very much into painting and one of the main reason for buying HD2.. but haven't quite found a suitable painting app.. think the closest is the Dynaink.. but the colour palette don't show all colours. (same with your colour window as well..)

would be great if you can adjust the size of brushes and maybe just a smaller tab to bring out the colour window perhaps?

:) keep up the awesome work mate.

cheers

barbapappa_86

Nov 11, 2008
Umeå
1) Sounds like a nice idea, will think how best to do that.
2) That's because I'm drawing a line between the previous point and the current point. When you move less far, the line is shorter than it is wide, and much more prone to that. Will work on getting it less choppy.
3) That sounds like it could be useful, will think how to do that...

I'm also thinking it might be useful to save images, and "retract" the colour selector so you can use the whole screen.

That sounds nice :) Another thing. Maybe have the possability to have "layers", so you can go back and add some, and then go back again.. Diffrent tools like spray etc..

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Nice one mate. Can you explain to why I have been led to believe multitouch was only going to for HTC's own apps, and not for public development?

Edit: I must be an idiot since everyone else got it to work (I did soft reset) but it crashes on me if I try multitouch, or it gives me single touch...

Edit2: And like magic it started to work all of a sudden.... I think your app is making fun of me....

Last edited:

DMAND

Dec 6, 2006
I soft reset and it didnt seem to work still, was taking me back to the home screen, but then it worked, great work l3v5y :)

Although on mine it still seems to crash frequently but only when having two fingers when one is on the colour part and swiping, seems hit an miss, anyone else have this?