[APP][3.0+][1.04] PicPac Camera - Pack your live moments into one Picture

Search This thread

genliang.guan

Sep 19, 2013
Sydney
no change here i9100 CM10.2 working with front facing camera only

If you can only use front camera, then it is the memory problem. I am fixing it right now. Want a preview? see attached V1.01000001

The problem is that I am creating too many bitmap in memory and not recycling them... Tell me what happen if you test it:D

Ron

Attachments

• Picpac_release.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: igor45

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
i read the description of this app and it sound really good.....but couldnt use it. FC on my Note SGH-i717 running the latest Beanstalk ROM JB 4.3

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
FC While Saving..

Hi,

This app seems very cool, I have tested your app with multiple versions.. below are the results..

Picpac_release_V1.01.apk -- Memory error
Picpac_release.apk (Hopes its latest) - Able to capture but getting FC while saving.

Observations:
  • The app is capturing pics very slowly, due to the slowness in capturing the users are clicking camera button multiple times which is leading to FC - please look into this area.
  • I am also observed double click on any icon (Ex: once all the three pics are captured there is a go icon) also leading to FC.
Hope this feedback will help you and looking forward to try this app again.

XPERIA P - JB 4.1

Thanks for sharing the app.

genliang.guan

Sep 19, 2013
Sydney
i read the description of this app and it sound really good.....but couldnt use it. FC on my Note SGH-i717 running the latest Beanstalk ROM JB 4.3

It says out of memory for my Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

force close when going to share

no change here i9100 CM10.2 working with front facing camera only

Same here. Nothing changed.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3100 mit Tapatalk 2

+++++++++
Updated to V1.02, fix some memory leak (recycling most bitmaps), reduce memory usage (resizing icons and bitmaps).

Hi,

This app seems very cool, I have tested your app with multiple versions.. below are the results..

Picpac_release_V1.01.apk -- Memory error
Picpac_release.apk (Hopes its latest) - Able to capture but getting FC while saving.

Observations:
  • The app is capturing pics very slowly, due to the slowness in capturing the users are clicking camera button multiple times which is leading to FC - please look into this area.
  • I am also observed double click on any icon (Ex: once all the three pics are captured there is a go icon) also leading to FC.
Hope this feedback will help you and looking forward to try this app again.

XPERIA P - JB 4.1

Thanks for sharing the app.

+++++++++
About "capturing pics very slowly", I make it auto focus first then take the picture to make sure of a clear picture. Need more signs to show it.
Regarding "double clicking" an icon. Now I set a boolean to skip the second+ clicks until the photo is taken. For me this make no difference so far, but it is safer.

Also for the above suggestion (thank you!), I added the camera sound after each camera button click. I was trying to add a quick white flash above the imageview after eash in case it is in silent mode, but it is not easy to make it look good... Leave it for next release.

See the first post to download the new apk without waiting for the store update.

I have already got more "one star" than "five star" at the store. Hope this would help. My fault to release it without more testing:crying:

Cheers

Last edited:

genliang.guan

Sep 19, 2013
Sydney
+++ 2013.09.24.
Found the bug report from Developer concole. Did not know that exist!

Fix more bugs (mainly related to camera preview and picture size)

V1.03 attached at 1st post, updated to store.

Reactions: tiniwings

obaidr

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S2 4.1.2

Works but extremely slow. Taking a picture takes 3 seconds. It should take less than one second due the low resolution of the pics.

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
+++ 2013.09.24.
Found the bug report from Developer concole. Did not know that exist!

Fix more bugs (mainly related to camera preview and picture size)

V1.03 attached at 1st post, updated to store.

Hi, Greetings.. Tested V1.03, its works now, few requests and suggestions..

1. There is a white separate line between the pics (in final saved version), can you please remove it or make it black so it won't look odd in final version.

2. Regrading sound alternative, you can add small notification icon on the picture box like a small check box or loading icon.

3. After saving / sharing the image please add option back to home screen for other picture.

Finally the app is more stable now. I suggest you to do more testing here in XDA before posting into play market.

Once again thanks..

From XPERIA P.. With Smile :)

wwonka69

Jan 26, 2011
Looks interesting.

The front facing camera works but won't take a picture. And when trying to take a pic with regular camera it crashed.

Verizon S3 running eclipse 4.3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
Nope

That was me. That's my Vibrant and computer desk.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

ahsiang888

Jun 27, 2009
Penang
Installed v1.04 from Google Play. The pictures were blur, I can notice that this apps doesn't focus first before it took the pictures. Other regular camera apps will try to focus before taking picture. Suggest to add this.

SGS2 I9100G, stock 4.0.3 Malaysian ROM, no root.

Reactions: igor45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +++ 2013.10.20: I created a Medium post about my experience on developing this app. Click here if you are interested.

****************** BUG FIX HISTORY *****************
    I have to notify this to all who are interested in this app.

+++ 2013.09.23: The reason of crashes on many devices has been fixed, but there still might be some out_of_memory errors.
    I have updated it to V1.01 (If you still see V1.0 at play store, then you may just install it and wait for the updates in a few hours

+++ 2013.09.24: Reduce 66% of memory usage, added camera shutter sound. V1.02.
    +++ 2013.09.24. Found the bug report from Developer concole! Fix more bugs, V1.03.

Please install it and test it on your device. If it still crashes, please use the feedback button in the Settings to notify me. I will be grateful for you help.
    ****** If the system ask you to send the crash report, please do so to help me fix bugs. THANK YOU ******
    VERY SORRY for the inconvenience, and forgive me as a first-time developer.
    *************** END WARNING **************

My first post at XDA, for my new simple camera app called PicPac Camera.
    This app packs your live shots into one picture for easy sharing.
    Share more with multiple shots. More interesting, more content.
    Share less with only one picture. Less upload, less time to view.

See picpac.me for more details.

Sorry for no links and no big images. New user cannot use those.

---------------------------------- How I develop PicPac Camera -------------------------------------------------

Since this forum is for developers, I will first share how I built this app so far.

PhD student - I am a last-year PhD student, and this is probably my last work before finding a job.
    40 hours - This app takes a few weekends to finish, about 40 hours.
    Free and ad included - It is a utility app and it is free, so I put an ad at the share screen which may give me a few cents a week:fingers-crossed:
    Two modes - It has two modes, TRIO and PLUS. Trio takes 3 shots, and Plus takes 1 to 9 shots.
    App name - PicPac Camera ~ pac your pics
    Domain name - picpac.me Cost me $9.99 a year.
    Website - picpac.me . Hosted on strikingly.com for FREE! And just let Godaddy forward picpac.me to strinkingly (for now). Setting up the website only takes me 1 - 2 hours, including preparing the images for the website. Super easy for fast release.

----------------------------------- Why I develop PicPac Camera ------------------------------------------------

TRIO was inspired by Triptychs of Strangers by Adde Adesokan at Flickr. These photos are really cool.
    See the last attached image
    Then I extended it to support up-to-9 shots (PLUS mode) in case people want to share more.

----------------------------------- PicPac Camera Screenshots ------------------------------------------------

See the attached images.

----------------------------------- Please help me to test it and share it ------------------------------------------------

See below for Google Play Store link (if you install the apk before, please kindly unstall it first)
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.picpac

The apk is attached as well for people who live in regions without Play Store access.

I will appreciate any comments.
    Looks great, i'll try it.

Sony Xperia Z & Tapatalk 2
    Trying it out now. Looks great. Why isn't it on the play store?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Woaw that's cool bro. i like it. And i agree Amoosa ;)

Sony Xperia Z & Tapatalk 2
    Nobody likes ads. Thanks for the effort.