[APP][3.0+] LAS: Last App Switcher.

Search This thread

BruKnowsBest

May 6, 2013
The Future
I had my doubts if this app was gonna be useful to me but i decided to give it a try and BOY WAS I SURPRISED

this is actually pretty cool and the switch is very quick .... very cool add-on to the phone

boywithabeard

Aug 16, 2011
Port Perry
Good Start

There is an Xposed module Stop Switch Delay That removes the home button press delay. Maybe you can learn from GermainZ's code and make this into a module(so much more can be done with Xposed!). I like the Idea, just not a fan of the implemention of an on screen placeholder. Nav Ring shortcut sounds like the best Idea, unobtrusive but easy to access. Maybe a "shake" for switch implementation? The average Android user might prefer the visible icon, experienced users will appreciate a choice and lotsa options. Good on you for making the app and the portal, and good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhishek verma

Relys

Apr 30, 2013
Thanks. I've wanted this for awhile. :)

* Please fix aspect ratio bug when switching from portrait->landscape->portrait.

* Please make option to lock the button in place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Oh another cool feature.

* Add user setting to switch between last n apps using a linked list which circles back to end index when it reaches the first. Each button press decrements index by one.

That would allow people to double tap the button to switch to the n-2 app, triple tap to the n-3 app... etc.

Basically allow people to switch between n many apps by adding a field in settings.

vulen

Dec 2, 2012
Vibrate on touch.

Your app is very cool ;)
But can you have a option to disable the vibrate when touch the icon. On some device such as my Xperia M2, the vibrate is to strong so is very anoying when touch to switch app :)

Abhishek verma

Feb 5, 2014
Jamshedpur
Thanks. I've wanted this for awhile. :)

* Please fix aspect ratio bug when switching from portrait->landscape->portrait.

* Please make option to lock the button in place.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Oh another cool feature.

* Add user setting to switch between last n apps using a linked list which circles back to end index when it reaches the first. Each button press decrements index by one.

That would allow people to double tap the button to switch to the n-2 app, triple tap to the n-3 app... etc.

Basically allow people to switch between n many apps by adding a field in settings.

Your app is very cool ;)
But can you have a option to disable the vibrate when touch the icon. On some device such as my Xperia M2, the vibrate is to strong so is very anoying when touch to switch app :)

Thanks, an option to toggle vibrate is coming in next update.
@Relys Can you tell me more about the bug. Probably a screen clipping will help.

Reactions: Relys

Abhishek verma

Feb 5, 2014
Jamshedpur
There is an Xposed module Stop Switch Delay That removes the home button press delay. Maybe you can learn from GermainZ's code and make this into a module(so much more can be done with Xposed!). I like the Idea, just not a fan of the implemention of an on screen placeholder. Nav Ring shortcut sounds like the best Idea, unobtrusive but easy to access. Maybe a "shake" for switch implementation? The average Android user might prefer the visible icon, experienced users will appreciate a choice and lotsa options. Good on you for making the app and the portal, and good luck.

Thanks, I will be trying that out soon.

Relys

Apr 30, 2013
Thanks, an option to toggle vibrate is coming in next update.
@Relys Can you tell me more about the bug. Probably a screen clipping will help.

When switching phone display from portrait->landscape-> portrait the button moves. You should be using a ratio of (height from top of screen to button)/(height from button to bottom of screen) in your translation function to preserve the same ratio when switching back and forth. You're essentially swapping height with width and need to keep same ratio or this will happen:

gPD5Pgx.png

I would submit a pull request, but it doesn't look like you provided the source. Anyways, great app. I've thought of this before, but couldn't find anything that existed. I will be using this for a long time. :)

I just saw your response to a review regarding history:

Rajesh Narayanan: "Nice The app makes transition two apps look snappy. It would be nice to look back into my app history and probably snap across 3 or 4. Also vibration should be optional. The app UI looks nice"

InPen: "Your reviews were helpful, Rajesh. A vibration toggle option will be added in very next update. And I will also implement multiple level switches in near future."

You should have this as a field in the settings with the default set to 1 (which is the current functionality) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fburgos

mayankneil

Jul 30, 2013
Vadodara, Gujarat
attachment.php

Introduction
This is the App you didn't knew you were missing since years. Switch to your last used app with just a tap on the floating button over you screen. Once you get used to, you won't be leaving it for a day. And as the Play Store description says,

Download Link

Direct Download: View attachment 2856274

Screenshots

Change Log
Version 1.1: Some bug fixes.
Version 1.0: Just launched :)
Woah! Amazing brother :) #keepUpThisGoodWork :) #SoUsefull :)

jmariconda

Dec 2, 2009
New Jersey
Samsung Galaxy S20
I don't know if you would actually be able to do this, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has brought it up here as an idea. Would it be possible to activate the switch whenever you do a full swipe from the left edge to the right edge or vice-versa (kind of like the gesture to get back to the home screen on Ubuntu Touch)? I feel like this would be the quickest, least obtrusive way to implement the switch.

Abhishek verma

Feb 5, 2014
Jamshedpur
I don't know if you would actually be able to do this, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has brought it up here as an idea. Would it be possible to activate the switch whenever you do a full swipe from the left edge to the right edge or vice-versa (kind of like the gesture to get back to the home screen on Ubuntu Touch)? I feel like this would be the quickest, least obtrusive way to implement the switch.
This, exact thing! You read mind! I am currently working on it and simultaneously several other features. The swipe feature will be live soon. Thanks.

vulen

Dec 2, 2012
New Version.

The new version of your app didn't update on Google Play Store, please upload new version :D
And I can translate Play Store Product Description for you to Vietnamese :eek:

Reactions: raul6

vulen

Dec 2, 2012
Play Store Product Description in Vietnamese.

This is my translation for your app's Play Store Product Description in Vietnamese. You can use it for your app :eek:
Play Store Product Description in Vietnamese:

Tương tự như nút Last channel trên điều khiển từ xa của TV, bạn có thể chuyển đổi qua lại giữa kênh đang xem và kênh trước đó. Giờ đây bạn có thể làm điều tương tự trên điện thoại hay máy tính bảng của bạn, bạn có thể chuyển đổi giữa ứng dụng hiện thời và ứng dụng trước đó chỉ bằng 1 cú chạm nhẹ.

Thử tưởng tượng rằng bạn đang duyệt web và nhắn tìn ***g một lúc. Theo cách bình thường, khi có tin nhắn đến bạn phải thu nhỏ trình duyện web, mở ứng dụng tin nhắn lên và trả lời tin nhắn. Sau khi trả lời tin nhắn bạn lại phải bấm phím điều hướng Recent app, tìm ứng dụng duyệt web trong số những ứng dụng đang chạy, nhấn vào nó để tiếp tục duyệt web. Huh! Bỗng nhiên một tin nhắn khác đến bạn lại lặp lại quy trình phía trên! Thật bất tiện!

Giờ đây với LAS (Last App Switcher) bạn chỉ cần chạm nhẹ để chuyển từ ứng dụng duyệt web sang tin nhắn rồi chạm nhẹ để chuyển từ tin nhắn sang duyệt web. Bạn thử hình dung nó dễ dàng và thuận tiện đến thế nào, bạn tiết kiệm được vô số thời gian và cảm thấy thoải mái hơn rất nhiều.

Tính năng nổi bật:
- Biểu tượng nổi trên tất cả các ứng dụng của bạn.
- Chuyển đổi giữa 2 ứng dụng chỉ với một cú chạm.
- Hiệu ứng chuyển đổi linh hoạt, mượt mà, tiết kiệm thời gian.
- Biểu tượng nổi trong suốt không gây khó chịu khi sử dụng.
- Chiếm tài nguyên hệ thống cực kỳ ít.
- Hoàn toàn miễn phí, không quảng cáo hoặc trừ phí ngầm.

Lê Vũ

Reactions: Abhishek verma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Introduction
    This is the App you didn't knew you were missing since years. Switch to your last used app with just a tap on the floating button over you screen. Once you get used to, you won't be leaving it for a day. And as the Play Store description says,

Think about the last channel button on your TV remote, which makes switching between two channels as easy as pie. Now think about a button on your mobile/tablet which switches you to the last used application with a single tap.

Imagine, you are browsing internet and a message arrives. Normally, you would minimize your browser, open the chatting application, and reply to the message. Then press the recent apps button, find your browser, tap on it, and then continue browsing, huh! Suddenly, another message arrives!

With LAS (Last App Switcher), you will be like "tap", chatting, "tap", browsing. Envision the figure of precious minutes you are going to save in a day.

Salient Features:
    • Persistent button floating above all your apps.
    • Switch between two apps quickly with just a single tap.
    • Snappy transition animations configured to save you even more precious fractions of a second.
    • Semi-transparent floating button feels lot less meddlesome.
    • Extremely light on resources.
    • And It's free, absolutely free. No ads, no hidden charges.

Download Link

If the image isn't visible to you: Play Store Link.

OR

Direct Download:
    View attachment LastAppSwitcher1.99.5.apk(Beta)
    (It's a humble request that you download the application from Play store (above). Doing so, you will always have the latest version directly from Play Store)

Older Versions

Beta Testing
    To opt for LAS beta updates you must join the LAS beta Google+ Community below and then Opt-in for beta testing using the link below.
    Note: The Opt-in link won't work until you have joined the community using your Play Store account.

Screenshots

Change Log
    Code:
    Version 1.99.5
    # Another fix for application being restarted when switched using LAS.
    Previous Changes:
    Code:
    Version 1.99.4
    # Initial support for Lollipop.
    # Fixed application being restarted when switched using LAS.
    # UI changes.
    # Fixed compatibility issues with some apps.

Version 1.99.3
    # Heavy internal modifications for Lollipop support.
    # Fixed bug which caused applications to restart.

Version 1.99.2
    # Heavy internal modifications for Lollipop support.
    # UI fixes.

Version 1.98
    Lots of (if not all) bugs are fixed. You are definitely going to love this update :)
    # Fixed: Correction in home exclusion algorithm.
    # Fixed: UI bugs.
    # Fixed: Floater won't move on its own anymore.
    # Floater can be moved up to the status bar.
    # Now hiding floater from notification will actually disable it.
    # More bug fixes.

Version 1.92 
    # Major bug fix for large devices.
    # Alternative option for bubble or shortcut.

Version 1.94 (beta)
    # Added: Shortcut to map the switch action anywhere.
    # Notification icon will no more display in the top status bar.

Version 1.9
    # Minor bug fixes.
    # Added: Option to toggle notification for LAS floater.
    # Now LAS home shortcut won't be shown while dragging when notification is being shown.
    # Added: Icon for notification.

Version 1.91 (Beta)
    # Added: Option to show/hide in notification.
    # Added: Option to change color of the floater.
    # Minor UI changes.

Version 1.86
    # Lots of bug fixes.
    # Added an ongoing notification for LAS Floater, floater no more randomly disappears.
    # Layout bug fixes.

Version 1.82
    # Added: Landscape Layout.
    # Fixed: Floater sometimes sticking to the top.
    # UI changes.
    # Minor Bug fixes.
    # Added an activity which can replace the default search action to switch to the last application. Can also be used as a shortcut to perform the switching function from other applications.

Version 1.56 (beta)
    # Added an activity which can replace the default search action to switch to the last application. Can also be used as a shortcut to perform the switching function from other applications.

Version 1.55
    # Translated to Italian.
    # Better fix for the bug in which the floater was resetting it's position.

Version 1.53:
    # Translated to Turkish, Vietnamese, Indonesian and Chinese.
    # Added option to change LAS floater Size, and Opacity.
    # Bug in which the floater was resetting it's position is fixed.
    # Animations and the bubble shrinking to half features have been removed, as they were causing problems. They will be back with a much better implementation.
    # Removed three \\TODO's :D

Version 1.5: 
    # LAS floater now shrinks to half when resting on the edge, making it even less obtrusive.
    # [B]Added: Option to toggle vibration.[/B]
    # Added: Some cool animations, may not work properly :D

Version 1.1: 
    # Some bug fixes. 

Version 1.0: 
    # Just launched :)

Translation
    It would be great if someone helps me translate my Application and Play Store Product Description into other languages. I currently cannot afford paid translations.

Play Store Product Description:

Application Strings:
    HTML:
    <resources>
        <string name="app_name">Last App Switcher</string>
        <string name="status_label">Last App Switcher method</string>
        <string name="bubble_method_label">bubble</string>
        <string name="shortcut_method_label">shortcut</string>
        <string name="on_label">on</string>
    	<string name="off_label">off</string>
    	<string name="settings_label">Settings</string>
    	<string name="options_label">Options</string>
    	<string name="snap_to_edge_setting_label">The LAS floater automatically snaps to the nearest edge of the screen. Though, you can switch it off and give it a try.</string>
    	<string name="exclude_home_setting_label">Home screen application is excluded from last app stack. Switching around feels better, I would recommend leaving it ON</string>
    	<string name="startup_setting_label">The bubble starts automatically when device boots up. Floater is so lite on resources, if I were you I would have left it ON.</string>
    	<string name="haptic_toggle_setting_label">Toggle haptic feedback. The vibration that occurs when you tap the floater and all other sorts of vibration, within the app.</string>
    	<string name="transparency_setting_label">Toggle visibility.</string>
    	<string name="size_setting_label">Choose size of the floater.</string>

<string name="rate_description">Loved the application, rate it 5 stars!</string>
    	<string name="rate_btn_label">Rate</string>
    	<string name="share_description">Sharing is caring! Share LAS with your friends.</string>
    	<string name="share_btn_label">Share</string>
    	<string name="contact_description">Suggestions? Issues? Contact the developer.</string>
    	<string name="contact_btn_label">Contact</string>
    	<string name="donate_description">Support the developer and buy him a coffee!</string>
    	<string name="donate_btn_label">Donate</string>

<string name="trans_25_label">25</string>
    	<string name="trans_50_label">50</string>
    	<string name="trans_75_label">75</string>
    	<string name="trans_100_label">100</string>
    	<string name="size_50_label">50</string>
    	<string name="size_75_label">75</string>
    	<string name="size_100_label">100</string>

<string-array name="quotes">
    	    <item>Switch between your favourite chatting application and your favourite game in a snap.</item>
    	    <item>No more sacrificing your favourite browser for the sake of multitasking.</item>
    	    <item>Continuous switching between two applications won\'t hurt anymore.</item>
    	    <item>Uninterrupted switching through applications.</item>
    	    <item>Take Multitasking in your smartphone to another level, while LAS takes the pain out.</item>
    	    <item>Browse subsidiary resources while you are busy writing a long post, and that won\'t be a headache.</item>
    	    <item>Open links from social applications in your favourite browser and seamlessly switch through them.</item>
    	    <item>Take handy notes in your favourite note making app, while you surf the web and switch between them in a snap.</item>
    	    <item>No more being afraid of leaving your current app for a notification, because at any time you are just one tap away from it.</item>
    	    <item>Your friend \'s messages are a tap away while you are playing your favourite game.</item>
    	</string-array>

<string name="home_key_delay_error">Switching can only be done after 5 seconds of Home key press ~_~\nThis is an Android fault, I can\'t help</string>
    	<string name="no_bg_app_error">"There's no app in background  >_* \nStart two applications, to switch between"</string>
        <string name="toggle_notification_setting_label">Toggle LAS Notification. Switching it off may make floater prone to be killed  by the Android system and it may disappear frequently.</string>
        <string name="color_setting_label">Choose color for the floater.</string>
        <string name="color_0_label">Re</string>
        <string name="color_1_label">Bl</string>
        <string name="color_2_label">Gr</string>
        <string name="color_3_label">Wh</string>
        <string name="dyn_text">DO YOU KNOW!\nYou can perform the default search action to switch to the last app instead of the floater. Some phones have swipe-up-from-home-key shortcut for search while others have a dedicated button for it.</string>

<string name="notification_title">LAS is running.</string>
        <string name="notification_text">Tap to show/hide LAS bubble.</string>

<string name="changelog_full_title">Change Log</string>
        <string name="changelog_title">What\'s New</string>
        <string name="changelog_ok_button">OK</string>
        <string name="changelog_show_full">more...</string>
        <string name="notSupportedVersionMessage">The current Android version you are using does not support the APIs used by LAS.\nThough we are working on a possible solution for at least a subset of LAS to work with Lollipop.\n\nYou can follow our Google+ community for latest changes and updates.</string>

<string name="status_bar_overlay_settings_description">The bubble will overlay the status bar, if switched ON. Switch it OFF if you are having weird problems like Brightness cannot be controlled, etc</string>
        <string name="error_msg_toggle_settings_description">Enable or disable all kinds to toast error messages within the app.</string>
        <string name="floater_movable_toggle_settings_description">Choose whether LAS floater is movable or not.</string>
        <string name="follow_btn_label">Follow us</string>
        <string name="follow_description">For latest changes and updates follow our Google+ community.</string>
    </resources>

Credits
    I take this section to thank all those who have helped me push the application this far.

Translation:
    @tigerwyb (E-mail 1252728128@qq.com): He is a professional translator in Chinese. You must contact him if you want to get a translation in Chinese.
    @Bilgets: Translated the application in Indonesian.
    @vulen: Translated the application in Vietnamese.
    Uzay (A satisfied Play Store user) & Vedat (This guy emailed me the translations): I have used a arbitrary mix of translations from both of them ;) Thanks both of you.
    @c3k: Gave me the Italian translation and some helpful advices.

Everyone else:
    Thanks for taking your time to give me helpful reviews and those 5 shiny stars :D

//TODO
    These are some features, I have considered to include in future releases, in no particular order.
    # Edge swipe gesture, instead of the floater, to switch to the last app.
    # An Xposed module and a navigation bar button (I personally thing this feature would be great).
    # Eliminating the 5 second delay after home key press using Xposed.
    # An arc view for multiple level app switches (Another great feature to come).
    # App exclusion list will replace Home screen exclusion.
    # The LAS floater automatically hides when there is a full screen application running in foreground.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LAS: Last App Switcher, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Abhishek verma

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.99.4
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-22

Created 2014-07-16
    Last Updated 2015-03-22
    LAS is coming to LOLLIPOP

Finally, the wait is over!

The upcoming version of LAS supporting LOLLIPOP will be coming soon. Thanks for all your patience and support.

AND no need to root your phone for LAS to work.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

attachment.php
    Those asking for an Xposed module: it isn't required. Once he adds the shortcut for it, you can use any of the many Xposed modules that already allow you to customise the Navigation Bar and Ring.
    This is a fantastic idea, but would you consider making it a shortcut or activity so that I can access it from other areas on the system without having to keep a prominent floating button on my screen at all times? Thank you.
    I don’t intend to use the shortcut from the Home screen. Shortcuts work systemwide and there are plenty of apps that allow you to trigger them in various ways. I could, for instance, set a voice command “switch to last app” that would trigger your shortcut, or I could map it to a target on the Navigation Bar or Navigation Ring. It would make your app very versatile.

(Feel free to charge for your app. Kuchh paisey to kamao! ;))

Oh, that's a great idea. I was already thinking about it. Will start working on it.

(Aur rahi baat paison ki, to "Picture, abhi baaki hai mere dost". ;) )