• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][3.0+] My Cloud Cast Upnp/Dlna Client 2.2 - SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Mixcloud

Search This thread

vitorhugoaranda

Nov 12, 2012
I dont know... But my galaxy s3 + 55 kdl ex725 need fix... Because doesn't work.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

dcucko

May 18, 2013
Trondheim
mycloudplayers.com
v2.0b1

In next version My Cloud Cast v2.0 beta 1
- Available and selected Receicer devices moved to left menu
- Added Current Playlist - right slider menu
- Added Upnp Servers Browser and Push media to device from other UPnp servers
- Added Option to stream local media (current device)
- Added Default action on item received (Play now - default, Play next, Play last)
- Added indicator color separators by stream source
- Added settings screen
- Hardware Volume buttons controls Remote Volume
- Added Browse Intent receiver for supported Services
- UI and code improvements

v2b1.png

Last edited:

dcucko

May 18, 2013
Trondheim
mycloudplayers.com
v2.0

My Cloud Cast v2.0
- Available and selected Receicer devices moved to left menu
- Added Current Playlist - right slider menu
- Added Upnp Servers Browser and Push media to device from other UPnp servers
- Added Option to stream local media (current device)
- Added Default action on item received (Play now - default, Play next, Play last)
- Added indicator color separators by stream source
- Added settings screen
- Hardware Volume buttons controls Remote Volume
- Added Browse Intent receiver for supported Services
- UI and code improvements

Direct Signed Apk download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59422614/myCloudCast_v2.0.apk

v2b1.png

Reactions: cuezaireekaa

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
Thanks for the updates! Any possibility for roku 3 support in the future? Hrmm I'm wondering if it will work using Plex media server. Gonna try right now...

sent via tapatalk - sph-l900

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
Bug Report

My Cloud Cast does not work with Denon AVR (testet AVR-2113 and AVR-X4000).

Behavior is somewhat strange. The media content is not streamed to the AVR device but the control commands (play, stop, volume...) are working. So this means when i try to stream music the previous played file from another DLNA server is play again and not the file from My Cloud Cast.

dcucko

May 18, 2013
Trondheim
mycloudplayers.com
My Cloud Cast does not work with Denon AVR (testet AVR-2113 and AVR-X4000).

Behavior is somewhat strange. The media content is not streamed to the AVR device but the control commands (play, stop, volume...) are working. So this means when i try to stream music the previous played file from another DLNA server is play again and not the file from My Cloud Cast.

i think this is the problem with dlna renderers. they can't render audio/video directly from public network. i never tested the app with hardware dlna receivers, but from what i've found on the net, it looks like it.

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011
Ok for now, i've got a working solution with SoundCloud dlna/UPnP Stream and BubbleUPnP. Nevertheless I would prefer My Cloud Cast due to the smoother usage.

dcucko

May 18, 2013
Trondheim
mycloudplayers.com
Ok for now, i've got a working solution with SoundCloud dlna/UPnP Stream and BubbleUPnP. Nevertheless I would prefer My Cloud Cast due to the smoother usage.

i think that others upnp apps actually starts local upnp server, and they act like a proxy for the renderers.
the problem with this solution is that the app will keep the wifi awake, and will drain the battery much faster.
if i find some other solution, i'll try to implement it.

thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: jaydee 77
This is a really interesting app! I am trying to see if this might work... I have a spare android phone, that I would like to use as a client to play music on a hifi system, running spotify / tuneradio / pandora etc, while using another tablet / phone etc to 'remote control' the client (picking different apps for streaming) and volume control. Is that possible with this app?

dcucko

May 18, 2013
Trondheim
mycloudplayers.com
This is a really interesting app! I am trying to see if this might work... I have a spare android phone, that I would like to use as a client to play music on a hifi system, running spotify / tuneradio / pandora etc, while using another tablet / phone etc to 'remote control' the client (picking different apps for streaming) and volume control. Is that possible with this app?

i've tested the app with bubble upnp: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en
its working ok, but im not sure about the battery usage on server/renderer device.
anyway you can search other dlna renderer app for android on the net.

Snoopdeep

Jun 6, 2014
Desktop support?

Will you be supporting the desktop version of MyCloudPlayer with push to MyCloudCast? Would be awesome to stream from my laptop to my spare phone plugged into my old stereo :)

Top Liked Posts