[APP][3.0+]Tomi File Manager Application Manager upgrade to manage APKs on extSDCard

Search This thread

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Standalone Tomi Hosts Editor and Build.Prop Editor now online

Tomi Hosts Editor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.hosteditor
Tomi Build.Prop Editor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.buildpropeditor

Super easy and standalone hosts editor for Android root users.
Hosts Editor help developers to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file (/system/etc/hosts) easily. And the hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url, and test applications on a specific server via its IP.

Super easy and standalone build.prop editor for Android root users.
With this app you can edit, add and view any prop file.
Build properties control how your system runs. You can change your LCD density, decrease your call ring delay, save battery by increasing your wifi scan interval and more.
Remember to keep a backup of your current build.prop.

Root Privilege is required for this app to work correctly.

Reactions: roy72

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Really smooth app :good: My new file manager.

Nevertheless I have a feature request: is it possible to manually add a folder to a section?

For example, I have a folder on my external SD card, where I have stored several apk-files (just in case I feel the need to install a new custom rom and don't want spend lots of time searching the play store for the apps :eek:). This folder and its content is not shown in the corresponding section "Apps". Therefore I would like to manually add this folder to be shown in the corresponding section.

If this feature is already included and I am just too blind to see it, I apologize for the inconvenience. :silly:

Hey @orville87, good suggestion. :good:
This is really part I missed in this feature, I will ask my engineer to add it.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks for the feedback :)
About "subfolders", i mean "beeing able to create one, while listing Documents or Download..." for example to move or reorder things... Without going to "Directory"

Hey @adanteny, currently we do not support "create new folder" in each category, the category here means the part behind the six icons on GUI.

For example, Documents, we collect all kinds of necessary documents in different folders in "Directory" to category "Documents", so people do not need to browse folders to find docs they want. Also, people can view "Folders" in "Documents" category, and find docs in a specific folder.
This is how we design this feature.

Working with "Documents", people do not need care the issue of in which folder the file is, and this is also what we want to do.

Also, your idea is good. I will consider if we could do something to make the need "move/sort file to folders" more easier.

TheTAMAS

Mar 6, 2014
Your feedback is very valuable to me. All you, and other guys, all suggestions have recorded in my list, and I wll discuss with the dev team to make all suggested features come true. :)

Let's work together and build Tomi File Manager with your own ideas. :highfive:

Wow GUI is the 1st thing I noticed about your rendition of File Manager for Android.. :highfive:

But I tend to use it as a Root Explorer because the file manager of Samsung serves my purpose quite well.. :eek:
Now the thing about using it as a Root Explorer is that the ability to change permissions is deep down in details.. :rolleyes:

Please fix it by adding it in the context menu itself..
:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: uuOuu

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Wow GUI is the 1st thing I noticed about your rendition of File Manager for Android.. :highfive:

But I tend to use it as a Root Explorer because the file manager of Samsung serves my purpose quite well.. :eek:
Now the thing about using it as a Root Explorer is that the ability to change permissions is deep down in details.. :rolleyes:

Please fix it by adding it in the context menu itself..
:fingers-crossed:

Hey @TheTAMAS, do you mean change permissions to a selected file?

TheTAMAS

Mar 6, 2014
Hey @TheTAMAS, do you mean change permissions to a selected file?

Yes.. After going to the desired file, it needs one to select it -> tap on details -> then click on change to be able to change the permissions.. :eek:
Please reduce these steps..
Thanks

Also, is there a way to make custom shortcuts appear in the common section? I'm gonna quit using Samsung's My Files if it does so.. :laugh:
Select what should appear in that screen? For instance-if I want to hide Dropbox, is it possible? :confused:

Please excuse me for so many questions/suggestions.. ;)

And I think, it'll be a killer feature if the app can provide with the ability to select the file by tapping once in either side of the screen and executing it by tapping it on the other side.. :cowboy:
No more long press would be needed to select the files.. :cool:

mrlad

Apr 5, 2011
Discovered the app today. Could you please consider adding to the poll an alphabetical scrub control to make it easier to jump to files beginning with a specific character? This is very useful for large directory listings.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
20140819 Tomi File Manager Supports Google Drive Now

Download Tomi File Manager Now:
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjykogg3/Tomi_File_Manager.apk

Alternative dark theme version download resource:
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager.dark
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jre45xcafzcv3ml/Tomi_File_Manager_with_Dark_Theme.apk

Version: 2.3.0
Size: 6.0 MB
Support: Android 3.0 and above

Changes:
1. Support Google Drive Cloud Storage
2. Some other minor bugfixes

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Any idea when the dark version will be updated? Both the play store version and the drop box download in the post before the quoted one install version 1.1.1

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

The updates to dark theme version is in final tests, and soon will be updated. :)

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Discovered the app today. Could you please consider adding to the poll an alphabetical scrub control to make it easier to jump to files beginning with a specific character? This is very useful for large directory listings.

Thanks for the suggestion.
While people have a lot of folders, how to quickly locate one specific folder is really a problem. I will ask my team to see how we can make this process simply and quick.

Thank you very much.

Casper1982

Mar 20, 2013
La Pampa
resize image..

use it after a while, when opened looks like this ..? :rolleyes:
HDPI

2vb2yk4.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts