[APP][3.0+]Tomi File Manager Application Manager upgrade to manage APKs on extSDCard

Search This thread

Casper1982

Mar 20, 2013
La Pampa
:( Actually, the Moto Defy is too old, and its default os is Android 2.2/2.3, so we do not consider this device while we start TFM.
I will ask my engineer to see if we could do something. :)

Ok, but I'm running android 4.4.4 ... kitkat in my old defy !! :p
I think it would have to resize some images, to hdpi, only that

It's a shame it !! :(

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Tomi File Manager Application Manager upgrade to manage APKs on extSDCard

Download Tomi File Manager light theme:
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjykogg3/Tomi_File_Manager.apk

Download Tomi File Manager dark theme:
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager.dark
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jre45xcafzcv3ml/Tomi_File_Manager_with_Dark_Theme.apk

20140826-Tomi File Manager v2.3.1 is released!
Changes to v2.3.0
1. Application Manager supports to manage APK files on external SD Card;
2. Some minor bugfixes.
P.S. If you are running Android 4.4.2 and above, APK files on external SD Card could not be deleted (Permission Denied).

Reactions: MatVekk

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Hola :)
Just a quick reminder: where is the July (or August) update? :D
I can't find the poll too...

Hey, feature poll has been paused since we have done a lots to requested features.
Well, any suggestions are welcomed at our side. Every piece of suggestion from you friends do really help us to improve our product. :)

imageMaster

Dec 30, 2006
St.Petersburg
Every piece of suggestion from you friends do really help us to improve our product. :)

I want to say thank you! I tried all exist file managers. And two years I have used FX. But your app is so fine, so I switched to it. Can you guess what prompted me to go to your app? The answer is a defalut sorting of Download folder view :) The great idea to have a sorting of files in Downloads as TIME DESC. :good:

Also I found a bug today - if I extract any zip, it create a folder with a name as the archive name and extract all files into the folder. But what about if I need to "extract here"?

And I have a small request :eek:, this function was in the FX and I lack it here - a handle for quick text scrolling in the file viewer/editor for large files. I often needs to quick scroll to end of files and it was very convenient did it with handle on scroll bar.

Yes, I miss for bookmarks. But I can live without them.

Anyway, thanks!

Reactions: uuOuu

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
I want to say thank you! I tried all exist file managers. And two years I have used FX. But your app is so fine, so I switched to it. Can you guess what prompted me to go to your app? The answer is a defalut sorting of Download folder view :) The great idea to have a sorting of files in Downloads as TIME DESC. :good:

Also I found a bug today - if I extract any zip, it create a folder with a name as the archive name and extract all files into the folder. But what about if I need to "extract here"?

And I have a small request :eek:, this function was in the FX and I lack it here - a handle for quick text scrolling in the file viewer/editor for large files. I often needs to quick scroll to end of files and it was very convenient did it with handle on scroll bar.

Yes, I miss for bookmarks. But I can live without them.

Anyway, thanks!

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will check to see how to make the process of extract files better. :)

adanteny

Dec 26, 2012
Paris, France
Hey, feature poll has been paused since we have done a lots to requested features.
Well, any suggestions are welcomed at our side. Every piece of suggestion from you friends do really help us to improve our product. :)
Nice, done the update from Google Play :)
Just a remark: under "About", i have "Version 1.2.1"...which is inconsistent with your versioning in this thread :( Is it normal or bug?

Otherwise, thanks for Google Drive support :)
Have you begun to work on Amazon Cloud Drive?
Cheers

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
Just a remark: under "About", i have "Version 1.2.1"...which is inconsistent with your versioning in this thread :( Is it normal or bug?

Cheers

You probably have the Dark Theme version. The Play Store states that the regular version is on 2.3.1, but the Dark Theme version is on 1.2.1

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013

Cheers

You probably have the Dark Theme version. The Play Store states that the regular version is on 2.3.1, but the Dark Theme version is on 1.2.1

Ya, light theme is v2.3.1, and dark theme is v1.2.1 since it was released after the light theme one. :)

Reactions: roy72

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
I opened a subscribe list for our weekly and monthly upgrades/dev plans, and ideas sharing.
If you have interest to help us make Tomi File Manager better and better, pls join.

Discussion with the team, direct feature suggestion and function discussion, schedule from our side, ideas to why we build the product, opinion to Android development, thinks to current market, skills to promote Apps, and anything else, all things we can share. :)

Here is the link: http://eepurl.com/2fPin

P.S. I made it with third party service, Your name and email must be top secret at our side.

dguillaume

Jun 1, 2007
OneDrive support

Hi Guy's

Really love the app.

Are their any plans to add OneDrive support?

Thanks

David

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Hi Guy's

Really love the app.

Are their any plans to add OneDrive support?

Thanks

David

Currently we are working to improve working performance to speed and steady.
Speed, means Fast, we wanna make our Tomi File Manager faster than others, like open images in grid, indexing, searching.
Steady, means less crash and good compatibility to different devices, since there is really a huge number of different phones.

About supporting OneDrive, I will discuss with my dev team, to see if we could have it in short time. :)

adanteny

Dec 26, 2012
Paris, France
Cloud managers

Currently we are working to improve working performance to speed and steady.
Speed, means Fast, we wanna make our Tomi File Manager faster than others, like open images in grid, indexing, searching.
Steady, means less crash and good compatibility to different devices, since there is really a huge number of different phones.

About supporting OneDrive, I will discuss with my dev team, to see if we could have it in short time. :)

Nice ;)
About all those Cloud systems around, my noob questions are :
Is there any common APIs to access them all?
Is it possible to imagine some 'Settings dialog' to connect to a specific one (pretty much like a SMTP or a FTP, that is, Login/Pwd, URL, OAuth, WebServices...)?
If the user has an Account/apk on his phone for a specific Cloud Service, is it possible to 'reuse' or 'call' the original apk or exposed APIs?

There are a few 'Cloud Managers' around... How do they doodat?

[REQUESTED Clouds]
Amazon
OneDrive
Mega
... more to be added...

Reactions: uuOuu

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Nice ;)
About all those Cloud systems around, my noob questions are :
Is there any common APIs to access them all?
Is it possible to imagine some 'Settings dialog' to connect to a specific one (pretty much like a SMTP or a FTP, that is, Login/Pwd, URL, OAuth, WebServices...)?
If the user has an Account/apk on his phone for a specific Cloud Service, is it possible to 'reuse' or 'call' the original apk or exposed APIs?

There are a few 'Cloud Managers' around... How do they doodat?

[REQUESTED Clouds]
Amazon
OneDrive
Mega
... more to be added...

Good question.
I have asked my dev team, every cloud storage provider has its own API to developers, and there is no a common API to connect all these vendors. So we have to integrate one by one...
As you have mentioned, there are other cloud manager, I have checked one, and find out they also use API from cloud storage provider, what the difference is they make some work to call each API while you wanna sync files to different cloud account.
So... we still have to integrate APIs from different providers one by one...

As to the "Settings dialog", I am not so cleared to your opnion.
While you wanna connect to FTP or SMB, there is a dialog to let you enter login information, like image below:

So, could you let me know more about your ideas?

adanteny

Dec 26, 2012
Paris, France
Good question.
I have asked my dev team, every cloud storage provider has its own API to developers, and there is no a common API to connect all these vendors. So we have to integrate one by one...
As you have mentioned, there are other cloud manager, I have checked one, and find out they also use API from cloud storage provider, what the difference is they make some work to call each API while you wanna sync files to different cloud account.
So... we still have to integrate APIs from different providers one by one...

As to the "Settings dialog", I am not so cleared to your opnion.
While you wanna connect to FTP or SMB, there is a dialog to let you enter login information, like image below:
So, could you let me know more about your ideas?

Ok, thanks for your answer : I was afraid that you have to integrate all Cloud providers one by one... now, i'm sure about that :S
There is no problem with your FTP or SMB dialog: I was just wondering whether it could be possible for Cloud services too... your previous answer makes it clear: no!
Thanks for your contribution!

halui

Nov 25, 2011
I love the new Dark Theme edition of TFM, but I am surprised its a completely new app instead of just a settings change like in other apps like Messaging. Why is that? Having to maintain two editions of the same app must be a lot of hassle I would think.
I have a GS4 with a AMOLED display so a black theme edition of TFM would be very nice for battery saving.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
I love the new Dark Theme edition of TFM, but I am surprised its a completely new app instead of just a settings change like in other apps like Messaging. Why is that? Having to maintain two editions of the same app must be a lot of hassle I would think.
I have a GS4 with a AMOLED display so a black theme edition of TFM would be very nice for battery saving.

It is not hard work for two apps, the light theme version is the primary one, all develop and bugfix could be sync in just clicks. :)

While we start the dark theme version, we take Tapatalk for reference, and also checked Android guides for developers, and think pure dark color will not be much pretty than current one, And also, considering that there are also lots of devices which is not use AMOLED, so we have the current dark theme one.

Top Liked Posts