[APP][3.1+][v1.1.11] Cast To UPnP/DLNA for GMusic

Search This thread

jcablett

Jun 11, 2014
Great app

Worked right out of the box. Love the whole adding the adding the streamers too the Chromecast list.
Would be even better if you expand the app to all Chromecast enabled apps with added support to video streaming, do you think you will ever add this?

bhobski

Dec 22, 2010
This app works great on the PS3 and Oyua with xbmc... Unfortunately the device I want it to work on isn't which is a WDTV Live. It worked great once and after that I can't get it to work. When I connect to the wdtv and select a song, the song shows up on the screen but no music plays. After a bit of time the song times out.

The WDTV works great with bubbleupnp dnla casting music from my cloud server so no problems streaming, it's just Google Music. I've tried my first gen Nexus 7 and the LG G2. I hope we can get this fixed because this is a great solution if it works.

Edit: It seems to work if I set the cast to Google Music Stream and select it through as a media server, but that is sort of a pain.

Last edited:

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
This app works great on the PS3 and Oyua with xbmc... Unfortunately the device I want it to work on isn't which is a WDTV Live. It worked great once and after that I can't get it to work. When I connect to the wdtv and select a song, the song shows up on the screen but no music plays. After a bit of time the song times out.

The WDTV works great with bubbleupnp dnla casting music from my cloud server so no problems streaming, it's just Google Music. I've tried my first gen Nexus 7 and the LG G2. I hope we can get this fixed because this is a great solution if it works.

Edit: It seems to work if I set the cast to Google Music Stream and select it through as a media server, but that is sort of a pain.

Can you try again with v1.1.13?

alexxanderr

Sep 5, 2011
Cast To UPnP/DLNA for GMusic crashed on GalaxyTabPro SM-T525 and on Sony Xperia Z1

I'm having installed Cast for GMusic on both of my Android devices (Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 T520; both Android 4.4.2 stock ROMs). On the S4 everything works fine but on the TabPro the system.ui take crashes every time after Cast for GMusic is running and I switch to any other process. System sticks in a permanent system.ui crash loop until I get managed to restart it or the battery is out.

Here are the (not helpy) logs of Cast for GMusic. ..
Code:
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.07  - s                           : opened /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.upnpcast/log.txt
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.10  - s                           : logging to file is enabled
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.32  - h                           : API level: 19
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.33  - h                           : device: SM-T520
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.35  - h                           : app version: 1.1.11
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.36  - h                           : app external dir: Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.upnpcast
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.37  - h                           : memory class: 192
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.38  - h                           : large memory class: 512
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.304 - h                           : warning toast: Logging to file is enabled

[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.308 - an                          : watchdog: set inactivity delay to 0 mins
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.311 - m                           : StrictMode (JB): LAX
[main            ] INFO     - 01:00:00.313 - StartupIntentReceiver       : not starting service on boot: disabled

Hello,
i have the same Problem on my Galaxy TabPro SM-T525. I have no idea what i can do. On my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact i have the Problem that the song will not play. in the app gmusic the song does not start. the new version 1.1.13 could not fix the problem. Any idea?

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Hello,
i have the same Problem on my Galaxy TabPro SM-T525. I have no idea what i can do. On my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact i have the Problem that the song will not play. in the app gmusic the song does not start. the new version 1.1.13 could not fix the problem. Any idea?

Known issue since some time. It only happens on some Samsung devices, crashing in Android's code.
This is definitely a Samsung specific bug but I have no idea what trigger it in BubbleUPnP (which isn't doing anything wrong), thus there is no workaround.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
The app stopped working since Google Music v5.6.1608P.1252217, as it did for Cheapcast and for the same reason (GMusic switching to the v2 Chromecast protocol).

So it is officially dead on this version of Google Music and future versions. It still works with older versions of Google Music (v5.5, APK download) and will continue to work for as long these older app versions are able to connect to Google Music (the cloud service).

The Cast To UPnPLDLNA for GMusic APK can be downloaded on the first page of this post as I removed it from Google Play.

If you want to play gmusic with current and future version of Google Music your only option is to to root your device
and use an app able to capture system audio (BubbleUPnP can do it with its Audio Cast feature).

Or unrooted you can use BubbleUPnP Google Music integration but it is not the same than using Google Music (the app), and only your library and playlists can be streamed (including All Access albums and tracks).

Last edited:
Reactions: jicama and r3sidual

rancatoco

Nov 16, 2012
Alfenas - MG
The app stopped working since Google Music v5.6.1608P.1252217, as it did for Cheapcast and for the same reason (GMusic switching to the v2 Chromecast protocol).

So it is officially dead on this version of Google Music and future versions. It still works with older versions of Google Music.

The Cast To UPnPLDLNA for GMusic APK can be downloaded on the first page of this post as I removed it from Google Play.

Any chance to works again?

Enviado de meu Nexus 5 usando Tapatalk

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Any chance to works again?

No, zero chance.

If you want play gmusic with current and future version of Google Music your only option is to to root your device
and use an app able to capture system audio (BubbleUPnP can do it with its Audio Cast feature).

Or unrooted you can use BubbleUPnP Google Music integration but it is not the same than using Google Music (the app)

Reactions: rancatoco

rancatoco

Nov 16, 2012
Alfenas - MG
No, zero chance.

If you want play gmusic with current and future version of Google Music your only option is to to root your device

Or unrooted you can use BubbleUPnP Google Music integration but it is not the same than using Google Music (the app)

Oh no. I was use g music interation in bubbleupnp before you create cast app, but its broke all acess feature in play music.

Well, canceling my all acess in 3, 2, 1

Last edited:

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
I find the AudioCast feature works not too well on my Nexus 7... Any chance that Xposed could be used to integrate more tightly into Play Music and get better performance?

mdford

Aug 18, 2012
Damn shame about the gmusic update breaking this. Used for quite a while and it's great. Downgraded gmusic for as long as that continues working. If and when that breaks they lose my all access sub.

Last edited:

tijuanacartel

Nov 18, 2010
Thanks bubbleguuum, i was one of the users that bought pro. Hopefully once the v2 cast protocol is reverse engineered, you'll be able to update the app again.

I'm almost keen to buy a chromecast one, open it up and extract the keys and certs with a bus pirate!

kaopho

Apr 3, 2012
lille
I know it is not your fault, but since the last update Google music, your application no longer detects the UPnP network. So for the moment I downgraded gmusic, but you can arrange for your application to work with the latest update to gmusic. Thank you in advance.

tijuanacartel

Nov 18, 2010
I know it is not your fault, but since the last update Google music, your application no longer detects the UPnP network. So for the moment I downgraded gmusic, but you can arrange for your application to work with the latest update to gmusic. Thank you in advance.

Kaopho, if you had just read even one post above you would know it is not likely anytime soon since the v2 Protocol will take a long time to reverse engineer. Bubbleguum has withdrawn his app from play store.

kaopho

Apr 3, 2012
lille
Kaopho, if you had just read even one post above you would know it is not likely anytime soon since the v2 Protocol will take a long time to reverse engineer. Bubbleguum has withdrawn his app from play store.
Calm down, be quiet. In the meantime I purchased an application that is obsolete! Not very serious it all!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT July 1st 2014: NO LONGER WORKS SINCE GOOGLE MUSIC v5.6.1608P.1252217. Works with older versions.
    See this post for details and possible alternatives.

Download APK

Cast To UPnP/DLNA for GMusic is a new app that let you stream your cloud Google Music uploaded by yourself and from the All Access subscription (including Radio) to any UPnP / DLNA device:

• XBMC
    • DLNA TVs
    • PCs (WMP, foobar2000, ...)
    • WDTV Live
    • Xbox 360 (including when playing games)
    • PS3 (playback must be started from the PS3)
    • Sonos
    • Android (with BubbleUPnP)
    • various hifi gear from Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo
    • ...many more devices!

Google Play listing
    Youtube video streaming to Xbox 360 and XBMC

UPnP /DLNA devices appear as Chromecast devices that can be selected in the Google Play Music app for playback and control.

You heard it right: you use the Google Play Music app to play to mentionned devices.

If it doesn't work with your UPnP / DLNA device please send me a log file (to bubblesoftproducts at gmail.com), following these instructions:

• IMPORTANT: in Google Play Music, make sure no device is connected (disconnect it if necessary with the cast icon). Then Swipe the Google Music Play app from the recent apps list (to force it to reload when it will be launched next)
    • launch Cast To UPnP/DLNA For GMusic
    • enable "logging to file" in Menu > About
    • IMPORTANT: Exit the app using menu > Exit
    • restart Cast To UPnP/DLNA For GMusic
    • start the Google Play Music app, select the problematic device, play something and trigger the problem
    • exit Cast To UPnP/DLNA For GMusic (menu > Exit)
    • connect your phone to your PC or MAC and mail me the file /Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.upnpcast/log.txt found on the SD Card
    Curious why when I reboot my phone This app starts up and I get a notification just before the phone shuts down . I mean it gets terminated when the phone is turned off but I don't boot the app at startup. so it is launched on shutdown?

The app starts briefly on boot to check if it must start fully (if Settings > Start on boot is enabled). Otherwise it kills itself immediately.

The app starts on shutdown (if it is not already running) to check if the service is running, and in that case to properly disannounce the UPnP devices it created on the network and kill itself cleanly.
    Really? Apparently you've never heard of customer service for a product. You can't sell a product then just decide to stop supporting it because someone else changed the way they do things (especially when the whole point of what you are providing relys on the other party). If the company I work for decided to stop supporting our products that integrate with other market/consumers products our customers would leave and find alternatives that would work and we would lose money and business. I guess Bubble is ok with that.

The design and intent of this product is to provide a service which I paid for (recently hence my disdain).

The "Developer" of this product isn't some average guy its Bubblesoft according to the google play store. We aren't thanking them for their hard work we are paying them for a service. Even more so in this case with it being a "corporate" developer.

I mean we can agree to disagree. I just can't see how there isn't another way to do the same function just because chromecast V2 is the new way, whats the new way to integrate UPNP to Gmusic? I'll gladly support the developers again. The throwing hands up and just saying F'it is what I think is crappy.

You Sir are a class A Asshat. If you had bothered to actually read the thread before whining you would know that the app is not compatible in later versions of google music, due to a technical change in google's chromecast support. Which, you should recognise, is beyond Bubble's control, so he has withdrawn the app from the Play Store.

You would also know that the application STILL WORKS if you downgrade to a supportable version. IF you want to replicate the same functionality in later versions, you can use BubbleUPNP with Xposed. And finally, you can also contact Bubble for a refund!!!

So it is officially dead on this version of Google Music and future versions. It still works with older versions of Google Music (v5.5, APK download) and will continue to work for as long these older app versions are able to connect to Google Music (the cloud service).

If you want to play gmusic with current and future version of Google Music your only option is to to root your device

Or unrooted you can use BubbleUPnP Google Music integration but it is not the same than using Google Music (the app), and only your library and playlists can be streamed (including All Access albums and tracks).
    I had to reboot my device to fix it. Now it works fine! :good:
    Vey cool concept to simulate a chromecast stick. Is the app based on cheapcast?

I also had the problem with only a single track playing on my Squeezebox's (also using LMS on LInux). Turns out there is an easy fix for it without having to use the streaming method above. If you go out to mysqueezebox.com and log into your account, you should be able to see your Squeezebox devices. Choose the Squeezebox you're having trouble with and under the General tab there is an option for "Play Other Songs In Album". Change this setting to "Play only selected song". This fixed it for me and now streaming of multiple tracks, playlists, etc.. works flawlessly.. Hope it helps.