• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][3.X->...][PROXY][NO ROOT]Drony -- proxy with authentication support

Search This thread

SandroBSupp

Sep 27, 2011
code.google.com
I create small proxy. Subset of SandroProxy.
It can be used for corporate/university network environments that requires proxy authentication.
Basic, digest, windows (ntlm) authentication support.
Supports pac wpad proxy scripts.
Works without rooting phone.
Maybe, just maybe there is somebody on xda that have non rooted phone and will find Drony usefull.

Google Play link

Last edited:

jpvalenz

Aug 31, 2011

nicbbb

Sep 2, 2013
Drony with NTML version 2 with hostname

Hi,

Drony works like a charm except in a special environment.

I connect to an environment where the ISA proxy is using NTLM autentication with username/password, Domain Name and .. hostname.
I guess that the current version of Drony in Play Store does not take into account a possible "hostname", ¿no?
SandroProxy does?

Thanks a lot for the great work.
Regards
NicBBB

SandroBSupp

Sep 27, 2011
code.google.com
You are right. You can not specify hostname at the moment in Drony or SandroProxy for ntlm auth.
So far you are the first one that need this. Your ISA proxy checks also hostname?
I can change that can be specified in preferences, but I will need you that you test if it works okey.

Hi,

Drony works like a charm except in a special environment.

I connect to an environment where the ISA proxy is using NTLM autentication with username/password, Domain Name and .. hostname.
I guess that the current version of Drony in Play Store does not take into account a possible "hostname", ¿no?
SandroProxy does?

Thanks a lot for the great work.
Regards
NicBBB

Last edited:

nicbbb

Sep 2, 2013
Tested it out on my proxy and NTLM version 2 autentication with the workstation input works perfectly.
Thanks a lot!

No problem. Download successfull. Will test it tomorrow morning on my environment proxy and will let you know the result asap
Thanks a lot for the effort.

Please test this one if it works for you.
I can also make it as beta on Google play if you prefer that is scanned by Google.

SandroBSupp

Sep 27, 2011
code.google.com
Great,
Will do some more test and new version will be available soon on Google Play.
Thank you for report. Makes app better for all.
rgrds

Tested it out on my proxy and NTLM version 2 autentication with the workstation input works perfectly.
Thanks a lot!

No problem. Download successfull. Will test it tomorrow morning on my environment proxy and will let you know the result asap
Thanks a lot for the effort.

gr8das

Oct 7, 2013
Not able to use Drony or Sandro Proxy

Hi .
I am getting the below error after giving the required details of my organisation proxy

Unable to start listener 127.0.01:80

Authentication scheme ntlm not supported

Our authentication is integrated with AD hence NTLM should support .. but getting the above error ..

Please help

SandroBSupp

Sep 27, 2011
code.google.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I create small proxy. Subset of SandroProxy.
    It can be used for corporate/university network environments that requires proxy authentication.
    Basic, digest, windows (ntlm) authentication support.
    Supports pac wpad proxy scripts.
    Works without rooting phone.
    Maybe, just maybe there is somebody on xda that have non rooted phone and will find Drony usefull.

Google Play link

I'm testing with this and is working pretty well. Please send mail if you want to test before it hits Google Play.
    https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
    Local DNS mapping? is it possible to read a host file to make ads blocking? host file located somewhere else not locked for no root users

Thanks.
    Hi,

I've been using Drony for quite some time now and it's great. Unfortunately some apps ignore android proxy settings which is a drag, but that's another story not to be blamed on Drony ;)

The other day I installed the Chrome browser on my Galaxy SIII (i9305) and it doesn't work with Drony. When I switch back to the stock browser everything works fine. I did some investigation and found that the 'Reduce data usage' setting in Chrome is somehow responsible. When it's on Drony doesn't work when it's off Drony does work :)

From the log:

Chrome's 'Reduce data usage' uses its own proxy to reduce or compress the data, which in turn conflicts with any proxy. (Even basic, let alone drony) Similar to Opera's off road mode and maybe, Dolphin jetpack.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    link deleted because is obsolete
    Can you post the apk file of drony here? I haven't found it anywhere else on the internet.
    Please send me more info/logs to [email protected]. Will try to fix it.
    Hi, with the last update the app is not working as before. When it starts the VPN is not created, just the local proxy is working. By the way, it stops frequently.

On the other hand, this time configuring the APN for Drony proxy the request is made using the URL. :cowboy: :D Google Chrome, Play and others apps are working well using this method.

I'm using Drony in Android 9 Pie.

Regards