[App 4.0.1+] Browser + (ICS Browser alternative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Browser + Beta 1.0.2 (Android 4.0.1+)

screenshotbrowser1.png
screenshotbrowser3.png

Market link (free):
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.beansoft.browserplus

Thread is now closed. Please use this thread to post your feedback, suggestions etc. Thanks!

Last edited:

clor01

Jan 7, 2011
Edit: delete post.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Braneless

Jun 21, 2011
Dayton, OH
Is there an option to quickly return to home page? Quick navigation and quick bookmark access is what keeps me using Miren, but that browser hasn't been updated in ages.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Update

Beta 1.0.1
  • releasing the tab quick control will now bring up the standard window with open tabs in which you can close tabs by swiping them "away"
  • fixed "find on page" menu item text

aergern

Mar 1, 2010
San Anselmo
It seems to work pretty well on my GN running the Revolution HD rom. The ONLY issue I see is that either the unused space in the controls need .. controls or needs to be made transparent. The shadow close to the edge of the screen where ones finger is ... is a bit ugly. But since it's a beta ... FRIGGIN awesome job! :)

d-iivil

Jun 5, 2011
HELLSINKI
www.sauruxet.com
Running great on my GN :)

Can I reguest a feature? Custom UA-string would be a killer feature ;)

Edit: another feature request: custom download folder would be great also.

Last edited:

rjax

May 11, 2010
I've been really wanting more Quick Controls, so this is fantastic so far!

I do have a few thoughts; hopefully you'll find some of them worth doing:

1) Could you provide an option to use the volume rocker for other uses like page scrolling or tab switching?

2) A very minor point that drives me crazy is that if I select the menu option from the quick controls, the pop-up menu list always pops up on the left side of the screen -- it'd be nice if, when I use the quick controls on the right, the pop-up menu list (i.e. the option I get when pressing your "!" button) would pop up on the right so I could easily reach it with the same finger/thumb I used to activate quick controls.

3) I'd love a quick way to access notifications when full-screen browsing -- perhaps something in quick controls or the pop-up menu to pull down the notification shade -- or maybe even better, an option to launch an application from quick controls or the pop-up menu (since I could then use something like status bar expander to pull down the shade).

4) Some sort of quicker toggle for inverted screen -- I like the black background for battery savings on AMOLED screens, but it's annoying how it also inverts pictures. So, if I want to quickly see a picture displayed properly or if a page just doesn't seem to be displaying properly when inverted, it'd be nice to have a quick toggle to take me back to the normal state instead of having dive down into accessibility options.

5) I suspect this might be difficult -- but I'd like to have the option to customize the tab that gets focus after closing another tab (like in Tab Mix Plus for Firefox). Right now, I'll sometimes open 5-6 tabs in the background from a single page. I'll go to one of the pages, read it, then close tab and end up back at the original page. Then I'll have to switch tabs back to one of the other background-opened tabs and repeat the process -- taking up extra time, even if I use the tab switcher instead of using the X or back button on the quick controls. Instead it would be nice if after closing a new tab, I go directly to another of the new tabs, until all the new tabs have been closed and I'm back to the page from which I opened all the new tabs. I guess a tricky part is keeping another desirable behavior -- when opening a link from Gmail for instance, closing the linked page should still bring you back to Gmail.

6) This is probably something that requires root and even then I'm not even sure if it's possible -- but it would be super-cool if you could add extra browser buttons to the soft menu area on the Galaxy Nexus -- an option to put a frequently-used button like a refresh button or bookmark button or whatever.

Enhanced

Sep 18, 2010
Suggestion: Some way to close all tabs quickly. When I reach 16 tabs, swiping all of them closed is a pain.

Reactions: sixstringsg

wallla

Jun 13, 2010
Any words on why all the permissions are needed?
I'd just like to know before installing. :)

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
Nice job, I was just playing on my transformer and thinking having this would be nice.

One thing that would be a great feature would be an option to hide the Galaxy Nexus navigation buttons at the bottom. You would need to add a home button to the quick controls, so not sure exactly how hard that would be.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Small Beta 1.0.2 Update

* added option to set the User Agent String (Settings -> Advanced)
* cosmetic fixes: new icons, removed background controls (see screenshot1)
* switched the "add new tab" control and the "show tabs" control for easier access

BTW the option request desktop site is still used. Selecting this option will toggle the User Agent setting for the current tab. All pages loaded in that tab will listen to the new setting (this way one can set a tab to load mobile pages when the default user agent is set to desktop or vice versa.

Thank you all for the feedback!! I certainly will use a lot for the upcoming version. Great suggestions.

Last edited:

olus

Oct 4, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
great work appelflap. thank you man!!

when i have auto rotate on and switch between portrait and landscape mode the webpage reloads. is this a bug ?
when you view a flash video (plugins on demand) in portrait mode turning to landscape mode reloads the page and you must start the video again..

Last edited:

ranzassel

Dec 30, 2008
Thanx for the great app, works perfectly on Galaxy Nexus.
Would it be possible to add an option, that clears cache and history automatically whenever I am closing the browser? This is something I am definitely missing on most mobile browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts