[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] (Have)OwnOrientation

Search This thread

firemedic0911

Jul 16, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
If I don't want a certain app not to rotate with this mod, what do I need to retype or delete to stop it from rotating?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

If I don't want a certain app not to rotate with this mod, what do I need to retype or delete to stop it from rotating?

Mainly games that get screwed or fc when rotation is changed. I have found the files names themselves, just dont know what I need to type or remove

Hope this helps answer my question...

defim

Feb 18, 2012
@firemedic0911:
HaveOwnOrientation: Open the module in the Xposed Installer and alter the config file as you like
or OwnOrientation: Select the apps you like from the list OR dont select it if you enabled "invert logic" in the settings

firemedic0911

Jul 16, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
Its to allow apps rotate which fore some orientation. If you dont want rotation at all you could disable it in Android settings
Ok I think we lost each other. I open HaveOwn in text editor, I have found the apps that dont want to rotate because of incorrectness, in the individual add lines what do I type replace or delete to stop these apps from rotating freely?

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Ok I think we lost each other. I open HaveOwn in text editor, I have found the apps that dont want to rotate because of incorrectness, in the individual add lines what do I type replace or delete to stop these apps from rotating freely?

The app *allows* all apps to rotate! If I remember correctly, PayPal app does only show in *portrait*. with the module you could show it also in landscape. It depends then how you hold your device.
So if you want all apps eg in landscape lock you device to landscape - and eg PayPal does then not force portrait (which is annoying on tablets)

weaverinva

Apr 29, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
With this exposed can I force an app to display as it does in portrait but do it in landscape? If not perhaps an enhancement, I would pay for own orientation if this were possible.

I have two apps that act differently in portrait and I like their layout but I want that layout in landscape. Perhaps xposed that reports one thing to the app and another in hardware.

Thank you.

defim

Feb 18, 2012
With this exposed can I force an app to display as it does in portrait but do it in landscape? If not perhaps an enhancement, I would pay for own orientation if this were possible.

I have two apps that act differently in portrait and I like their layout but I want that layout in landscape. Perhaps xposed that reports one thing to the app and another in hardware.

Thank you.

Only orientation change is prevented, how the activities are displayed is computed by the device / the app

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Wow, so there is really no way to use xposed or something to pass a false hardware value to an app? I suppose it would likely be app specific.

There is always a way :D But this module is just for the orientation changes
I thing maybe AppSettings helps you, it is able to change the DPI

weaverinva

Apr 29, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Thank you again. Correct app settings of xposed will change dpi but it will not faux the orientation for an app. Even if the app is run at low 300x480 resolution, an app can still see 'landscape' and change. I has somehow hoping for a wrapper that would make the app think it was portrait even in landscape. You are kind. Have a great day!

Jack Daniel's

Jun 17, 2007
I have the OwnOrientation (donate) version.
It's really great but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the latest Oreo Xposed (xposed-v90-sdk27-arm-beta3.zip)
I always get the message that it's not active in Xposed but it is....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apps use current orientation.

Annoyed apps changing current screen orientation? Try this module!

If you are using in landscape, some apps force orientation to portrait. So you have to rotate you device to use this app which is a bad user experience. With this module these apps don't change anymore the screen orientation and you could use it in current orientation. An example of such an app is System app remover

There are 2 apps with same effect, but
    HaveOwnOrientation (free): This app has no user interface. Enable it in Xposed - reboot - done.
    OwnOrientation (donate): User interface for simple configuring, logging etc

IMPORTANT
    Xposed needs root access for installation

Play Store OwnOrientation (donate): http://tinyurl.com/lj52cp6
    Play Store HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/kl865jr
    Xposed Repository HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/lryg5dn
    APK download HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/mzert7f

Why these apps? To lazy to rotate the device!
    Just realised that the same thing happens on my NOTE 10.1

Second that, this module is must have but makes camera almost unusable (tried this on my Note 3)
    +1 for application settings for blacklist
    Okay okay, rudimentary block list added, no time atm for full gui. Just place package names in the file of apps which should not be blocked.
    If you dont know the package name
    - open Play Store in webbrowser, the ?id= part of the ur is the app
    - or enable debug in the module, it shows all package names in xposed log
    - or search in the created blockfile the app, but there are no new installed apps added
    defim can you add a blacklist in future updates??

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks man the new block app works perfect, thanks a lot:good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone