[APP][4.0.3+][GPLv3] APKUpdater 2 - Get Updates for your Apps!

Search This thread

ToxxMe

Dec 14, 2014
I have got two issues:
1. The login into my Google account doesn't work for me. I type in my email and password, it starts the Two-factor-authentification, I type in the code but then it's an endless loading page.

2. Apkupdater shows me some apps to be updated via the button 'update' (the background installation) . I perform these updates and it's telling me that the installation was successful. But when I hot the refresh button the same updates are shown again.
I also get a malformed request for Google play services for instant apps.
Same here :crying:

Deltafox79

Oct 20, 2008
I have got two issues:
1. The login into my Google account doesn't work for me. I type in my email and password, it starts the Two-factor-authentification, I type in the code but then it's an endless loading page.

2. Apkupdater shows me some apps to be updated via the button 'update' (the background installation) . I perform these updates and it's telling me that the installation was successful. But when I hot the refresh button the same updates are shown again.
I also get a malformed request for Google play services for instant apps.
Idem for me...

5538dcf5

Mar 16, 2015
San Diego, CA
I have got two issues:

Have you tried going into your Google account settings and creating a one time app password? That usually fixes 2fa problems like this for me.

Reactions: XxM4tzexX

tetsuo55

Aug 20, 2007
@rumboalla

Example of api level not being ignored

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170712-234804.png
    Screenshot_20170712-234804.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 256

tetsuo55

Aug 20, 2007
Apkupdater seems to fix the list of updates to first result it gets instead of sorting the list and starting from the top entry.

In the screenshots attached you can see the focus is on applinker but when i scroll down you can see an update for ant+ above it (there are a total of 7 updates above it)

Can this be fixed so the list starts from first entry in the sorted list rather than the first result while the check is running?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170713-001754.png
    Screenshot_20170713-001754.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Screenshot_20170713-001803.png
    Screenshot_20170713-001803.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,196

rumboalla

Aug 21, 2016
Changelog 1.5.11

• Self update notification will also display changelog.
  • Added Darth Droid Theme (AMOLED version of Dark Droid).
  • Added help button to Google Account dialog. Help will take you to https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/issues/223
  • New translations: Chinese Simplified, Turkish, Dutch. Translators are now credited on project page.
  • Bugfixes and small enhancements.

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.11/app-release.apk
Instructions to set up your own Google Account: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/issues/223

zarere

May 26, 2016
Sofia
I'm receiving forbidden error as below.

Strange after a couple of tries now the error is gone and everything is working fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-14-13-22-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-14-13-22-10.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
With 1.5.11 (on Oneplus 5 7.1.1 based OxygenOS 4.5.7) seems that APKUpdater does not currently perform the 'check' Daily at defined time (only APKMirror as site). I have also defined Notifications "Always". It has not been performing the checks for a couple of last days.

Also would like to understand what's the benefit of having "Use own google account" checked if I check for updates of apps that are not on Google play only?

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
Also would like to understand what's the benefit of having "Use own google account" checked if I check for updates of apps that are not on Google play only?

For one, using your own google account there is a higher chance of proper apk downloads.
Some apps have different versions of apks available for different device platform, i.e. x86, arm7, arm8, etc.
When using your own id it should properly identify the device you are using, therefore ensures proper apk is downloaded.
This mostly applies to apks such as games and multimedia (music, video).
Currently most devices use arm7, so not many people will be aware of problems, but now more devices using arm8 are being released which might ring some bells, but probably not because arm8 supports arm7.

Second, it is more likely to work. As google tracks everything. Each logon, each download, everything, down to the specific device, exact location, etc.
For more info logon to accounts.google and check security section for more details.
As a result, using common google ids will raise red flags to number of logons, number of downloads, and most importantly Location.
Which might mean that account will be blocked, and will cause needed update of ids by devs.

Side note:
I was having issues logging on using my own account, no option for app specific passwords, and allow less secure apps was already enabled.
What worked for me was to turn off less secure apps, then re-enable it.
After that login worked.

Reactions: Saleen NS

hyperterminal

May 26, 2016
Hello @rumboalla I found a bug; my internet connection is working fine, even the list of apps with updates gets loaded. But when I attempt to download, it keeps on loading and at last, it says "error downloading". Screenshots are attached. I hope it gets solved as soon as possible. I'm currently on a Galaxy j7 with XPerience Custom ROM. I have a question, I liked the "Use your own Google account" option, but how can I share my password with you? I mean, how can I give one my password while I don't even know him? I'd be waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my j7 2015 (J700F) using XDA official app for Android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170803-200054.png
    Screenshot_20170803-200054.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20170803-200007.png
    Screenshot_20170803-200007.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
For one, using your own google account there is a higher chance of proper apk downloads.
When using your own id it should properly identify the device you are using, therefore ensures proper apk is downloaded.

Excellent, this enough is important piece of information.

I was having issues logging on using my own account, no option for app specific passwords, and allow less secure apps was already enabled.

OK, could you elaborate on the ^^^^ statement, specially "turn off less secure apps" < what does this mean?

I have now enabled my 'Use Google account'. However, e.g. this morning at 7am it was expected to perform a check (with notify all), yet did not return any result from the query. Let's hope this gets fixed. Seems occurred with latest OnePlus 4.5.6 (or 4.5.7) update including July Google security patches.

//T

id242

May 17, 2007
California
id242.com
Side note:
After that login worked.

Excellent, this enough is important piece of information.

OK, could you elaborate on the ^^^^ statement, specially "turn off less secure apps" < what does this mean?

"Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account more vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which [Google] recommends, or turn on access if you want to use them despite the risks."
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
Bug: Autocheck not working

Problem with 1.5.11 (running OnePlus 5 with 7.1.1 based OxygenOS 4.5.8):

APKUpdater seems not to perform automatic check and notify (set to always notify) at selected time (currently set to 8am). If manually perform a check, it is executed and notified when updates found / not found.

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
Could you please add option to automatically check updates on app start?

It's been there (at least with 1.5.10) with background checking at specified time, but (currently) does not work with me on OnePlus 5 and APKU 1.5.11. Hope something gets fixed shortly :) Manually check works ok.

//timo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKUpdater 2
    APKUpdater is an open source tool that simplifies the process of finding updates for your installed apps. It will provide similar functionality to an app store, making it a very useful app for those who want to run Android without Google Play.
    It has been rewritten from scratch with modern technologies to make it easier to maintain.

Releases
    Latest version: 2.0.5

Features
    • Update Sources: Find updates from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Search Sources: Find new apps to install from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Schedule background update checks and receive a notification when updates are found.
    • Supports Android 4.0.3 to Android 10.
    • Android TV support.
    • Modern Material Design 2 with multiple theme support.
    • Direct install of updates for sources that support it.
    • Root install of apps.
    • App ignore list. Filter updates by architecture. Filter experimental apps. Filter apps by API level.

Github
    Source code can be found on Github: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater

XDA:DevDB Information
    APKUpdater, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rumboalla

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-02-24
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    FAQ

1. How can I help with the translations?
      POEditor is used for translations. If you want to help visit https://poeditor.com/join/project/NWTNMrPFj8
    I readapted APKUpdater with new signatures as APKGrabber, so updates can be installed seamlessly. See https://github.com/hemker/apkgrabber/
    Changelog 1.5.1

Changelog 1.5.1

• Added Bloody Void theme.
    • Updated french translation. (Primokorn)
    • Italian translation. (Deltafox79).
    • Slightly changed how the GooglePlay updater works. It will use less requests but the version string for the updates will be unknown. Should help with 429 errors.
    • Improved handling and display of errors.
    • Bugfixes and small improvements.

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.1/app-release.apk
    New releases won't be available on XDA Labs until the bug that prevents apps built with Android Studio 3 from being uploaded, is fixed.
    Changelog 1.5.7

• App installation is much more compatible.
    • Beta: Automatic background install of Play updates.
    • Bug fixes and small enhancements

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.7/app-release.apk
    Also available in XDA Labs.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone