• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][4.0.3+][GPLv3] APKUpdater 2 - Get Updates for your Apps!

Search This thread

Razorsoup

Mar 1, 2011
Glad to see that development on this hasn't ended. Thanks for your hard work.

Suggestion: An option to download the apks to external storage would be nice.

[email protected]

Jan 17, 2020
xda immortal.
how can long for aim your vistion?
im fraud to the developer are not end the xda lab.
to produced microbatic app for UI and API.
xda is the last person would help among app to devolope and replace it.
were? at xda lab store.
i cant sponsor the team to become mine.
but about your app my phone need it.
one day we meet black berry presence because of the team successfull.
dont end the xda lab by developer.
we dont care about to among people destroy the page using bad post unless we need to block them for you.
i love the xda much stronger and more!

Psyscope

May 2, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
App gets stuck searching. I have to force quit. Then run the app it searches shows updates then run it again and it's stuck searching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-174722.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-174722.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: yochananmarqos

4umexdeeay

Feb 28, 2014
San Francisco
Hi,

At my wit's end trying to diagnose and troubleshoot my device...???

I can't be certain that the current buggyness (clicking anything on the screen, whether app related, system setting related, anything is excruciatingly delayed, often requiring multiple taps before there's any response) is a direct result of having installed an apk from APKUpdater, but I would not be surprised.

Can anyone advise on steps I can take *before* the last resort of doing a hard reset?

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren using XDA Labs

EstherTakumi

Sep 30, 2013
Alor Setar
Hi,

At my wit's end trying to diagnose and troubleshoot my device...???

I can't be certain that the current buggyness (clicking anything on the screen, whether app related, system setting related, anything is excruciatingly delayed, often requiring multiple taps before there's any response) is a direct result of having installed an apk from APKUpdater, but I would not be surprised.

Can anyone advise on steps I can take *before* the last resort of doing a hard reset?

Did you source from aptoide?

Reactions: 4umexdeeay

sansnil

Dec 6, 2007
Is anyone else seeing error -22 when trying to install updates from Play? It was working fine but now every update install attempt fails with that error code.

tyxeron

Mar 22, 2020
Is anyone else seeing error -22 when trying to install updates from Play? It was working fine but now every update install attempt fails with that error code.

Yes I do too. I think it's that these apps use the "new" Android App bundle format. You can look the details up on google. My guess is that the underlying installer and the google play API that's used do not support this format (yet?).

Reactions: sansnil

ToughPapaya

May 1, 2020
So I've encountered a major bug with this app. APK updater installed an update to twitch that was completely wrong. Not only was the icon not accurate, but the app was completely broken and the version was 4.5.1. The current version is 8.9.1. Now I'm wondering if I have incorrect versions of other apps installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKUpdater 2
    APKUpdater is an open source tool that simplifies the process of finding updates for your installed apps. It will provide similar functionality to an app store, making it a very useful app for those who want to run Android without Google Play.
    It has been rewritten from scratch with modern technologies to make it easier to maintain.

Releases
    Latest version: 2.0.5

Features
    • Update Sources: Find updates from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Search Sources: Find new apps to install from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Schedule background update checks and receive a notification when updates are found.
    • Supports Android 4.0.3 to Android 10.
    • Android TV support.
    • Modern Material Design 2 with multiple theme support.
    • Direct install of updates for sources that support it.
    • Root install of apps.
    • App ignore list. Filter updates by architecture. Filter experimental apps. Filter apps by API level.

Github
    Source code can be found on Github: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater

XDA:DevDB Information
    APKUpdater, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rumboalla

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-02-24
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    FAQ

1. How can I help with the translations?
      POEditor is used for translations. If you want to help visit https://poeditor.com/join/project/NWTNMrPFj8
    I readapted APKUpdater with new signatures as APKGrabber, so updates can be installed seamlessly. See https://github.com/hemker/apkgrabber/
    Changelog 1.5.1

Changelog 1.5.1

• Added Bloody Void theme.
    • Updated french translation. (Primokorn)
    • Italian translation. (Deltafox79).
    • Slightly changed how the GooglePlay updater works. It will use less requests but the version string for the updates will be unknown. Should help with 429 errors.
    • Improved handling and display of errors.
    • Bugfixes and small improvements.

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.1/app-release.apk
    New releases won't be available on XDA Labs until the bug that prevents apps built with Android Studio 3 from being uploaded, is fixed.
    Changelog 1.5.7

• App installation is much more compatible.
    • Beta: Automatic background install of Play updates.
    • Bug fixes and small enhancements

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.7/app-release.apk
    Also available in XDA Labs.