[APP][4.0.3+][GPLv3] APKUpdater 2 - Get Updates for your Apps!

Search This thread

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
Hi,

At my wit's end trying to diagnose and troubleshoot my device...?

I can't be certain that the current buggyness (clicking anything on the screen, whether app related, system setting related, anything is excruciatingly delayed, often requiring multiple taps before there's any response) is a direct result of having installed an apk from APKUpdater, but I would not be surprised.

Can anyone advise on steps I can take *before* the last resort of doing a hard reset?

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren using XDA Labs

I've been in the modding game since the Galaxy S3. Unfortunately, I can tell you it's not worth troubleshooting from what you're describing.

Whenever you mod, you need to have a backup solution in place at all times for stuff like this where you don't even know where to start troubleshooting.

Look into Swift Backup for your apps or TWRP Nandroid backup for a full 1:1 backup. For now, you'll likely have to bite the bullet and reset your device.

sanekplus

Feb 12, 2017
It is unable to update Chrome, OsmAnd and Uber using latest APKUpdater/GooglePlay, installation error -22. Some other apps were updated.
UPD: It is known issue #306 with bundled APK at github.

Last edited:

rypz79

Apr 27, 2013
Ramat-Gan
Hi,

Nice app!
2 requests/suggestions:
  1. Can you add APKPure (https://www.apkpure.com it also has a dedicated app) to the update sources list? I've checked and has more apps and/with newer updates to offer.
  2. Can you improve the UX so that apps that have the same version update will be in one bar with the icons of the source at the bottom.
Screenshot_20210105-131957_APKUpdater.jpg

Pressing on the icon of the source will open the URL to DL the file from the corresponding source (remove the the install button&label on the bottom right of the bar)

TnxAloT

Last edited:
Reactions: schoerb
Aug 12, 2010
Read through this thread, not every single post to be honest, compared this App with the fork and decided to use this one. Where to report missing Apps, e.g. Firefox Nightly? Both options, System (which broke my GBoard :D ) and Experimental and all the 4 sources enabled. Firefox Nightly is updated on APKMirror daily...

Android 11 is not supported - getUpdateAsync error.
It works for me, 1+8 with crDroid 7.3 & root with Magisk.

rypz79

Apr 27, 2013
Ramat-Gan
Nothing you can do, I believe this is a server API change or a rate limit on server side.
Technically this app isn't considered proper use of PlayStore APIs
It's chronic. about a week now and I check several times each day. PS APIs aren't the issue I want to get user (& system) app updates from APKMirror.
Is this project still maintained or it's deprecated?
TNX

zagzag99

Nov 3, 2008
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
It's chronic. about a week now and I check several times each day. PS APIs aren't the issue I want to get user (& system) app updates from APKMirror.
Is this project still maintained or it's deprecated?
TNX
I believe it's no longer maintained.
And my personal experience, I had this app checking for apkmirror updates periodically and it eventually flagged my ip and since then I'm presented with a disturbing non-mobile friendly recaptcha whenever I want to browse apkmirror.

So although this app is really useful, it has it's flaws.

rypz79

Apr 27, 2013
Ramat-Gan
I believe it's no longer maintained.
And my personal experience, I had this app checking for apkmirror updates periodically and it eventually flagged my ip and since then I'm presented with a disturbing non-mobile friendly recaptcha whenever I want to browse apkmirror.

So although this app is really useful, it has it's flaws.
Alright.
Removed it from my Adblocker monitoring list
Unticked GP and it works.
Yes it probably has API mismatch with newer playstore app

Reactions: Sh0X31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKUpdater 2
    APKUpdater is an open source tool that simplifies the process of finding updates for your installed apps. It will provide similar functionality to an app store, making it a very useful app for those who want to run Android without Google Play.
    It has been rewritten from scratch with modern technologies to make it easier to maintain.

Releases
    Latest version: 2.0.5

Features
    • Update Sources: Find updates from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Search Sources: Find new apps to install from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Schedule background update checks and receive a notification when updates are found.
    • Supports Android 4.0.3 to Android 10.
    • Android TV support.
    • Modern Material Design 2 with multiple theme support.
    • Direct install of updates for sources that support it.
    • Root install of apps.
    • App ignore list. Filter updates by architecture. Filter experimental apps. Filter apps by API level.

Github
    Source code can be found on Github: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater

XDA:DevDB Information
    APKUpdater, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rumboalla

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-02-24
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    FAQ

1. How can I help with the translations?
      POEditor is used for translations. If you want to help visit https://poeditor.com/join/project/NWTNMrPFj8
    I readapted APKUpdater with new signatures as APKGrabber, so updates can be installed seamlessly. See https://github.com/hemker/apkgrabber/
    Changelog 1.5.1

Changelog 1.5.1

• Added Bloody Void theme.
    • Updated french translation. (Primokorn)
    • Italian translation. (Deltafox79).
    • Slightly changed how the GooglePlay updater works. It will use less requests but the version string for the updates will be unknown. Should help with 429 errors.
    • Improved handling and display of errors.
    • Bugfixes and small improvements.

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.1/app-release.apk
    New releases won't be available on XDA Labs until the bug that prevents apps built with Android Studio 3 from being uploaded, is fixed.
    Changelog 1.5.7

• App installation is much more compatible.
    • Beta: Automatic background install of Play updates.
    • Bug fixes and small enhancements

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.7/app-release.apk
    Also available in XDA Labs.