[APP][4.0.3+][GPLv3] APKUpdater 2 - Get Updates for your Apps!

Search This thread

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
It's been there (at least with 1.5.10) with background checking at specified time, but (currently) does not work with me on OnePlus 5 and APKU 1.5.11. Hope something gets fixed shortly :) Manually check works ok.

//timo

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about background check; I mean as soon as I start the app I'd like it to automatically check for updates. Is this what you mean too?

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
Doesn't work very well with preinstalled apps. Your app searches for "com.xxx.xxx" so if my manufacturer (Huawei) uses Calculator system app with the same name as Calculator system app by Google or LG or Samsung etc your app show me other apps insted mine. Every system app i tried to update redirect me to another system app from another manufacturer. Beside this, for playstore apps is a great tool, thansk

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
It's been there (at least with 1.5.10) with background checking at specified time, but (currently) does not work with me on OnePlus 5 and APKU 1.5.11. Hope something gets fixed shortly :) Manually check works ok.

//timo

To @rumboalla: Found the "issue". On my OP5 with Android 7.1.1 it seems the "non-checking" was due to Battery optimizer as it was/is on "Optimize" for APKUpdater > no autochecks (on defined time) with notification. After changed that to "Don't optimize" it started working again. Could be an issue in OxygenOS 4.5.8 or Android 7.1.1 APKUpdater. Similar issue found with e.g. Drippler.

HTH.

//timo

Last edited:

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
@rumboalla
Was using google play option to update apps, but for some apps wrong version was downloaded, 32bit arm7 instead of 64bit arm8.
So I started using own google id,
Question:
Is there a way to enforce own google id, (and not use common id at all), maybe in settings?
Or, separate google and own google id options in Update sources, that way it will look like:
  • Updates from Google Play
  • Updates from own ID Google Play
  • Updates from ...
I bring this up because of connection issues. If own google id fails to authenticate, what happens?
Does an error show? or does it update using provided common ids silently?

Thank you for your time

Reactions: NASAer

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
I tried to install this on the Mibox3 but there's no way to update it there. Could you either make it possible to navigate to the update button or add an option to check for updates on launch?

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Feature suggestions:
  1. implement better filtering for unsupported platforms from APK Mirror - filter by app title - eg. on the phone filter out all XYZ (Android Wear), XYZ (Android TV) and XYZ (Daydream)
  2. add ignore button to update tab - it will ignore that one specific version and will find other versions on next update check
  3. when multiple higher versions found, make possibility to choose which version to install (sometimes the latest version can be unstable so it will be easier to find lower version)
  4. this one is probably hard to achieve: ignore mismatched signatures (to filter out same system app signed by different manufacturer) - eg. com.android.calculator2 (exists by both LG and HTC)

Paul_Bags

Jul 28, 2014
Feature Request: check waaay more often than once a day. I want to know the minute apks come out, if possible, and since pushbullet has bitten the bullet I need an alternative... this is the closest I can find, except once a day is unacceptable.

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
Could you please add option to automatically "check updates on app start"? so when we launch Apk Updater it automatically checks for app updates on the background rather than tapping the 'update' icon?

ATP4

May 5, 2008
France
I 'm quite sorry, but I answered the question of oroboros74 without taking the time to watch the OP.

.. and in addition I am in the process of realizing that I also surely misunderstood his question ..

Dr. Bak

Sep 15, 2017
Hello first post here
Im not a developer, but hey I really wanted to ask something.

Would it be a feasible feature to add custom github repos, at least the ones that provide up to date .apk downloads?
Take for example azaidi's launcher: I couldn't find his app anywhere out of his github (probably due to name conflicts).
By adding manually the url "https://github.com/amirzaidi/Launcher3/releases", would APKUpdater be able to check the latest version available?
In case the answer is no, is there any other app that would be able to do so that I'm not aware of?
Thanks a lot, APKUpdater is amazing by the way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APKUpdater 2
    APKUpdater is an open source tool that simplifies the process of finding updates for your installed apps. It will provide similar functionality to an app store, making it a very useful app for those who want to run Android without Google Play.
    It has been rewritten from scratch with modern technologies to make it easier to maintain.

Releases
    Latest version: 2.0.5

Features
    • Update Sources: Find updates from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Search Sources: Find new apps to install from APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Google Play.
    • Schedule background update checks and receive a notification when updates are found.
    • Supports Android 4.0.3 to Android 10.
    • Android TV support.
    • Modern Material Design 2 with multiple theme support.
    • Direct install of updates for sources that support it.
    • Root install of apps.
    • App ignore list. Filter updates by architecture. Filter experimental apps. Filter apps by API level.

Github
    Source code can be found on Github: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater

XDA:DevDB Information
    APKUpdater, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rumboalla

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-02-24
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    FAQ

1. How can I help with the translations?
      POEditor is used for translations. If you want to help visit https://poeditor.com/join/project/NWTNMrPFj8
    I readapted APKUpdater with new signatures as APKGrabber, so updates can be installed seamlessly. See https://github.com/hemker/apkgrabber/
    Changelog 1.5.1

Changelog 1.5.1

• Added Bloody Void theme.
    • Updated french translation. (Primokorn)
    • Italian translation. (Deltafox79).
    • Slightly changed how the GooglePlay updater works. It will use less requests but the version string for the updates will be unknown. Should help with 429 errors.
    • Improved handling and display of errors.
    • Bugfixes and small improvements.

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.1/app-release.apk
    New releases won't be available on XDA Labs until the bug that prevents apps built with Android Studio 3 from being uploaded, is fixed.
    Changelog 1.5.7

• App installation is much more compatible.
    • Beta: Automatic background install of Play updates.
    • Bug fixes and small enhancements

Download: https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater/releases/download/1.5.7/app-release.apk
    Also available in XDA Labs.