[APP][4.0.3+][Open Source] Fast Search - Instantly search contents of your device!

Do you need 'ALL' section in the search results?

• Total voters
Search This thread

torpedo mohammadi

Aug 30, 2012
Qazvin

fbe3wn.png

Fast Search
Instantly Search ALL OF your device in a stylish way!
Main Features:
  • Is open source.
  • Has a new idea, I myself couldn't find any similar application on Google Play.
  • Searches files, images, musics, videos, contacts and applications of your device very fast.
  • Submits device's contents in local databases and makes searching extremely faster (No loading time while searching! INSTANT results :D).
  • Follows Material Design.
  • Let's you delete or rename searched files, images, musics or videos.
  • And many more.
Open Source:

• The source is published on Github. Feel free to fork it, submit bugs (If any) on the issues page or...
Screenshots:

• See Attachments.
Download:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,248
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89 KB · Views: 2,297
  • 3.png
    3.png
    192 KB · Views: 2,451
  • 4.png
    4.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 2,305
  • 5.png
    5.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,125
Last edited:

torpedo mohammadi

Aug 30, 2012
Qazvin
Changelog

Version 1.4.0:
  • Goodbye Loading... dialog! With improved searching methods now you don't have to wait even some milliseconds for loading search results :)
  • Added Transparent Search Widget.
  • Fixed a problem while opening folders from `FILES`section
  • Added ability to rename or delete images, videos and musics like files.
  • Some UI changes and smoother animations
  • Some bug fixes
Version 1.3.0:
  • Added photos and videos sections
  • Real-Time indexing of files, so 'Update Databases' option is gone now :)
  • Faster searching with improved methods (search queries can contain space " " now).
  • Many UI changes with more concentration on the details
  • Many bug fixes
Version 1.2.1:
  • Added a search widget so you can directly search everything from your homescreen
  • Fixed a bug that caused crash on search start in some devices
  • Lower app size (Down to 1.85MB from 2.17MB)
  • Many UI changes
  • Many bug fixes
Version 1.1:
  • Added Musics section
  • Added persistent notification for fast access to the app
  • Added ability to show or cancel the persistent notification
  • Improvements to searching methods
  • Fixed Ad position
  • Many UI changes
  • Many bug fixes
Any opinions or bugs will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: eterlux

Andre1299

Jul 4, 2014
Trieste
nice

great idea, but here is what I think
- UI should be shrinked (text size of some items in the fragment adapter)
- The ad banner is exactly over the input text field in my device :crying:
- you should also add some specific sections, like music and photo

Reactions: torpedo mohammadi

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Short feedback/requests from my side:

1. The quick search works flawlessly. Good job :good:
2. Dividing the search results into three categories is nice, but maybe another categorie ("All") would be useful.
3. A search widget (similar to the Google search bar) would be awesome, so one can easily search for files right from the homescreen without entering the app. Entering the app is quite circumstantial for a quick search. The launcher "EverythingMe" has implemented this in an awesome way (popup with search results, with which you can interact with, for example open the app/contact/file). Would something like this be possible?

torpedo mohammadi

Aug 30, 2012
Qazvin

Thanks, could you please address the texts? the tabs' text or the list's?
The ad banner will be fixed in the next update.
the new sections are some nice ideas and I will try to add them.

2. Dividing the search results into three categories is nice, but maybe another categorie ("All") would be useful.
3. A search widget (similar to the Google search bar) would be awesome, so one can easily search for files right from the homescreen without entering the app. Entering the app is quite circumstantial for a quick search. The launcher "EverythingMe" has implemented this in an awesome way (popup with search results, with which you can interact with, for example open the app/contact/file). Would something like this be possible?

Thanks, the 'ALL' section seems nice and maybe if the app gains more users I start a poll for it.
Also about the search widget, I don't think anybody (at least at this moment) is going to replace the 'Google Search' widget with 'Fast Search' widget :) and I think a constant notification in the notification bar may be more useful. Anyway I try to add them both in the next updates.
Also I haven't tried the 'Everything.Me' but could predict what you mean from popup window. And yes it's possible and I'll try to add it.

Thank you for your notes guys.

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Thanks, the 'ALL' section seems nice and maybe if the app gains more users I start a poll for it.
Also about the search widget, I don't think anybody (at least at this moment) is going to replace the 'Google Search' widget with 'Fast Search' widget :) and I think a constant notification in the notification bar may be more useful. Anyway I try to add them both in the next updates.
Also I haven't tried the 'Everything.Me' but could predict what you mean from popup window. And yes it's possible and I'll try to add it.

I would immediately replace the Google search widget with yours :)

For the popup in EverythingMe: When you start typing something in the search bar, related apps, contacts and more are shown below as can be seen in the attached picture below. But for EverythingMe, the launcher simply hides the current page with its objects and shows the search results instead. This seems quite cool for a launcher, but for a widget it would be nice if there is some kind of popup right below the search widget which shows the search results (maybe some kind of white material card background, for example).

View attachment 3436273

torpedo mohammadi

Aug 30, 2012
Qazvin
Thank you all for your comments.
The new version (1.1) has been published now with some changes (You can view them in the second post of this topic).
I think those crashes reported and some non-reported ones are fixed now.
Also added persistent notification that was clearly needed for this type of app.
So in the next version probably I will add the search widget and some other improvements that (maybe) would get suggested :D

Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

provolinoo

Nov 19, 2010
Milano
Thank you all for your comments.
The new version (1.1) has been published now with some changes (You can view them in the second post of this topic).
I think those crashes reported and some non-reported ones are fixed now.
Also added persistent notification that was clearly needed for this type of app.
So in the next version probably I will add the search widget and some other improvements that (maybe) would get suggested :D

Great update, you should release it on the Play Store :D

torpedo mohammadi

Aug 30, 2012
Qazvin
The app is now updated to version 1.2.1 with the support of a 'Google Search' like widget.
You can download it from the attachments of first post in this thread.
The full change list is on the second post of the first page in this thread.
Also I removed the older versions because i saw some people still downloaded previous versions while the newer versions were there!

@provolinoo
I'm living in IRAN and Google has currently banned my country in the developer section. So I can't publish the application on the Google Play Store. Sorry that I can't help you :(

Still keen to your ideas (and waiting for them) to make the app better that what it's now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

utsavmadaan1995

Jun 29, 2014
Suggestion !!!!

Idea is great and is similar to SAMSUNG S-FINDER, if you can implement such in your app....than it can be very very handy.....s-finder connects all apps having search options....it lets you search everything on your phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

fbe3wn.png

Fast Search
    Instantly Search ALL OF your device in a stylish way!
    Main Features:
    • Is open source.
    • Has a new idea, I myself couldn't find any similar application on Google Play.
    • Searches files, images, musics, videos, contacts and applications of your device very fast.
    • Submits device's contents in local databases and makes searching extremely faster (No loading time while searching! INSTANT results :D).
    • Follows Material Design.
    • Let's you delete or rename searched files, images, musics or videos.
    • And many more.
    Open Source:

• The source is published on Github. Feel free to fork it, submit bugs (If any) on the issues page or...
    Screenshots:

• See Attachments.
    Download:
    I wonder why this superb app has been abandoned!!!
    Updated to version 1.4.0 with INSTANT search results (no loading time), new transparent widget and some other changes.
    You can download it from the first post of this thread.
    The full change log is on the second post of the first page of this thread.

@orville87
    Would be glad to hear if the folder problem still exists or is solved :) Thanks in advanced.

Still waiting for your ideas to make the app better that what it's now! Please share them with me :)

Thanks, could you please address the texts? the tabs' text or the list's?
    The ad banner will be fixed in the next update.
    the new sections are some nice ideas and I will try to add them.