[APP][4.0.3+] QuickEdit Text Editor

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Introduction

I have made an advanced text editor on Android - QuickEdit Text Editor.
It includes a lot of optimization on performance and user experience, the speed and feedback is much better than current published text editor apps on Google Play.
Since this app is mainly for developers. I think it is very suitable to introduce it in this forum. Please download and have a try.

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

If there is any problem with Google Play, you can also review and download it from my website:
http://rhmsoft.com/?p=283

Features

* Enhanced notepad application with numerous improvements.
* Code editor and highlight syntax for more than 40 different programming languages.
* High performance and real time feedback on large text files (more than 10,000 lines).
* Show and hide line numbers.
* Undo and redo modifications without limit.
* Display, increase and decrease line indents.
* Fast selection and editing.
* Smooth scroll in both vertical and horizontal direction.
* Directly goto specified line number.
* Quickly search and replace.
* Easily input color hex.
* Automatically detect character encoding.
* Open file from recent opened and added files.
* Support both light and dark theme.
* Optimized for both phone and tablet.

Supported Programming Languages

Assembly (AGC/AEA), AutoIt, Bash, Basic, C, C#, C++, CSS, Clojure, Dart, Elixir, Erlang, F#, Fortran, Go, HTML, Haskell, Java, JavaScript, Kotlin, LLVM, LaTeX, Lisp, Logcat, Lua, Makefile, Matlab, Mumps, Nemerle, OCaml, PHP, Pascal, PowerShell, Protocol Buffers, Python, R, R Documentation, Ruby, Rust, S, Smali, SML, SQL, Scala, Swift, TCL, VBScript, VHDL '93, Visual Basic, Wiki, XML, XQuery, YAML.

Supported Application Languages

English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

10 inch tablet landscape(Nexus 10):

8 inch tablet portrait(LG G Pad 8.3):

5 inch phone portrait(Nexus 5):

Promo Video

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
QuickEdit Text Editor, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
rhmsoft

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-03-30

Created 2014-10-18
Last Updated 2016-03-31

Attachments

Last edited:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
This is a nice editor for developers. If you're planning on adding new features then I'd personally love to see integration with Google Drive and FTP, so you can edit remote files. Looks great so far though. I really like the dark theme with syntax highlighting. Very reminiscent of how I have Visual Studio looking.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
This is a nice editor for developers. If you're planning on adding new features then I'd personally love to see integration with Google Drive and FTP, so you can edit remote files. Looks great so far though. I really like the dark theme with syntax highlighting. Very reminiscent of how I have Visual Studio looking.
Thanks for using! I will consider to integrate cloud and FTP in future.
If you are using Android 4.4+ and you have Google Drive application installed on your device, currently you can open navigation drawer, and click "Open Document" menu item, you can use Document Provider to open files from Google Drive.

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Thanks for using! I will consider to integrate cloud and FTP in future.
If you are using Android 4.4+ and you have Google Drive application installed on your device, currently you can open navigation drawer, and click "Open Document" menu item, you can use Document Provider to open files from Google Drive.
That's great! Thanks for pointing that out. I was using the file menu in the toolbar so didn't see that.

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
Your app can use Google Drive on my tablet which is running 4.2.2 Jellybean. What would be nice is if you could allow access to Microsoft's OneDrive as well (don't know if that's something you need to program or not).

Many thanks
Adrian

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
I want to edit AndroidManifest.xml with this... And QuickEdit opened it like this:

I thought it would properly view the XML format like XML Editor... Or am I doing something wrong? :confused:

:D :) ;) :good:

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
Aug 3, 2012
I want to edit AndroidManifest.xml with this... And QuickEdit opened it like this:

I thought it would properly view the XML format like XML Editor... Or am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Looks like you didn't decompile/decompress the APK correctly.
How about root features? Is it posible to edit something in /data/data?
What is the maximum file size for your notepad?
No root support (although you should be able to open files through your file manager, just not write to them). I've opened large text files (relatively, ~5MB) without problems.

Reactions: souler456

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Looks like you didn't decompile/decompress the APK correctly.
Hmm... I'll re-decompress the APK... Maybe there's something I did wrong about it... Thanks man :good:

If the XML file is correct, then maybe the encoding is wrong, could you try to switch to UTF-8 encoding and try again?
I switched it to UTF-8, and still symbols and stuff... I'll try @GermainZ 's suggestion first... Maybe user's problem... :p

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
How about root features? Is it posible to edit something in /data/data?
What is the maximum file size for your notepad?
I noticed that the root feature is a necessary for this application, especially for users from xda forum:) I will add it soon.

There is no hard-coded limit for the file size from the application. When you open very large files, it may not success and toast out of memory error. It will depends on the memory limit of your device which assigned to applications.