• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.0.3+] QuickEdit Text Editor

Search This thread

owenba

Sep 3, 2021
Wow Your Achievement in the Text Editor is great in Android Platform .Hope Your Application will be Famous. Keep it Up. Have a Nice Day.

Reactions: Fameli

cjspratt

Sep 14, 2021
I mainly use this to read/edit fanfiction stories saved as .txt files. I like that I can choose my own font and change the font size and the color theme. Search/replace function is nicely versatile also, with the case sensitive and regular expressions options and ability to search for and replace line breaks.

My main complaint is the way word wrap is handled. It wraps after spaces but also after a period, comma, or hyphen, leaving many an orphaned " at the end of dialogue. :( Double hyphens '--' get split, as well as '...' and there is no way to easily tell if there is a space after the period, comma, or hyphen, before the wrap.

An option to 'only wrap after spaces' would be great. A way to show whitespaces and end-of-line characters would also be quite useful. Would either/both of these be possible to add in future updates?

Thanks!

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
one of the best text editor the only thing I feel is missing is something like a grep (companion app of jota+) which let you search inside text content in file manager folder and perform bulk search /replace.

cagali

Jul 20, 2011
This is a great editor.

Is there any setting / workaround to change so that this can be displayed correctly?
The font setting is monospace in all 3 editors.
The ">" (larger than) symbol is a double space character.

Notepad++
notepad++.png

Sublime 4
sublime.png

Quickedit
quickedit.png

Last edited:

salihfurqan

Oct 21, 2021
I like the app, using the Pro version. Thanks.
I have two feature requests: Auto change theme by system default option.
Secondly: when one tries to save a new txt file, it's named 'untitled' but if there was an option to name it the first line of the file, it would be perfect.
Thanks again and in advance!

wruizcanal

Nov 26, 2014
La Habana
Hello. Can you add a Text to Speech option? I use this app to read and edit texts in .txt and I would like to be able to use the Android Text to Speech option.

cinemaz

Nov 17, 2021
Is it possible to NOT have tabs of open files and work with one file? In a tablet the interface always shows tabs.

aftokinito

May 12, 2011
This is a great editor.

Is there any setting / workaround to change so that this can be displayed correctly?

Notepad++

Sublime 4

Quickedit
You can simply sideload a custom font that has the kerning properties you desire:
Screenshot_QuickEdit_20211201-210527~01.png

Reactions: BillGoss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a great editor.

Notepad++

Sublime 4

Quickedit
    You can simply sideload a custom font that has the kerning properties you desire:
    Screenshot_QuickEdit_20211201-210527~01.png
    Introduction

I have made an advanced text editor on Android - QuickEdit Text Editor.
    It includes a lot of optimization on performance and user experience, the speed and feedback is much better than current published text editor apps on Google Play.
    Since this app is mainly for developers. I think it is very suitable to introduce it in this forum. Please download and have a try.

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

If there is any problem with Google Play, you can also review and download it from my website:
    http://rhmsoft.com/?p=283

Features

* Enhanced notepad application with numerous improvements.
    * Code editor and highlight syntax for more than 40 different programming languages.
    * High performance and real time feedback on large text files (more than 10,000 lines).
    * Show and hide line numbers.
    * Undo and redo modifications without limit.
    * Display, increase and decrease line indents.
    * Fast selection and editing.
    * Smooth scroll in both vertical and horizontal direction.
    * Directly goto specified line number.
    * Quickly search and replace.
    * Easily input color hex.
    * Automatically detect character encoding.
    * Open file from recent opened and added files.
    * Support both light and dark theme.
    * Optimized for both phone and tablet.

Supported Programming Languages

Assembly (AGC/AEA), AutoIt, Bash, Basic, C, C#, C++, CSS, Clojure, Dart, Elixir, Erlang, F#, Fortran, Go, HTML, Haskell, Java, JavaScript, Kotlin, LLVM, LaTeX, Lisp, Logcat, Lua, Makefile, Matlab, Mumps, Nemerle, OCaml, PHP, Pascal, PowerShell, Protocol Buffers, Python, R, R Documentation, Ruby, Rust, S, Smali, SML, SQL, Scala, Swift, TCL, VBScript, VHDL '93, Visual Basic, Wiki, XML, XQuery, YAML.

Supported Application Languages

English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

10 inch tablet landscape(Nexus 10):

10-1.png

10-2.png

8 inch tablet portrait(LG G Pad 8.3):

7-1.png
    7-2.png

5 inch phone portrait(Nexus 5):

1.png
    2.png
    5.png

3.png
    4.png
    6.png

Promo Video

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    QuickEdit Text Editor, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-30

Created 2014-10-18
    Last Updated 2016-03-31
    Change History

Please refer to following page:

https://rhmsoft.com/qedit/changelog.html
    I have converted this thread to DevDB project.

If you have bug report or feature request, you can also post them in associated tab of this project.

Thanks for using!
    Status Update

I spent a lot of time to develop a new material designed music player in recent months, which is why QuickEdit has not been updated.
    Now this music player is finished, here is the link to it in xda-developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-pulsar-music-player-t3197336
    It is named Pulsar Music Player. Please download and have a try!

So I have more time to maintain QuickEdit now. There are lots of features in plan, and also some bugs. They will be released and fixed in future releases soon.:) Thanks.
    Best Editor App, been using it...
    keep up the good work :)