I mainly use this to read/edit fanfiction stories saved as .txt files. I like that I can choose my own font and change the font size and the color theme. Search/replace function is nicely versatile also, with the case sensitive and regular expressions options and ability to search for and replace line breaks.
My main complaint is the way word wrap is handled. It wraps after spaces but also after a period, comma, or hyphen, leaving many an orphaned " at the end of dialogue. Double hyphens '--' get split, as well as '...' and there is no way to easily tell if there is a space after the period, comma, or hyphen, before the wrap.
An option to 'only wrap after spaces' would be great. A way to show whitespaces and end-of-line characters would also be quite useful. Would either/both of these be possible to add in future updates?
one of the best text editor the only thing I feel is missing is something like a grep (companion app of jota+) which let you search inside text content in file manager folder and perform bulk search /replace.
I like the app, using the Pro version. Thanks.
I have two feature requests: Auto change theme by system default option.
Secondly: when one tries to save a new txt file, it's named 'untitled' but if there was an option to name it the first line of the file, it would be perfect.
Thanks again and in advance!
I have made an advanced text editor on Android - QuickEdit Text Editor.
It includes a lot of optimization on performance and user experience, the speed and feedback is much better than current published text editor apps on Google Play.
Since this app is mainly for developers. I think it is very suitable to introduce it in this forum. Please download and have a try.
* Enhanced notepad application with numerous improvements.
* Code editor and highlight syntax for more than 40 different programming languages.
* High performance and real time feedback on large text files (more than 10,000 lines).
* Show and hide line numbers.
* Undo and redo modifications without limit.
* Display, increase and decrease line indents.
* Fast selection and editing.
* Smooth scroll in both vertical and horizontal direction.
* Directly goto specified line number.
* Quickly search and replace.
* Easily input color hex.
* Automatically detect character encoding.
* Open file from recent opened and added files.
* Support both light and dark theme.
* Optimized for both phone and tablet.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, German, Greek, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.
10 inch tablet landscape(Nexus 10):
8 inch tablet portrait(LG G Pad 8.3):
5 inch phone portrait(Nexus 5):
Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!
XDA:DevDB Information QuickEdit Text Editor, App for the Apps & Games