[APP][4.0.3+] Show Tracker - track your favorite TV shows

Search This thread

mrtn453

Mar 2, 2015
Münster
I wanted to start working on a possibility to share the statistics and what you are currently watching in Show Tracker. At the end of every tweet or share-text I wanted to add my app-link. But I wanted to use bit.ly to shorten the link, is it allowed to use bit.ly or tinyurl.com links in my app? I don't want to violate any guideline because one of my app-update got already rejected.

Would be great if someone knows it and can answer it. Thanks!

mrtn453

Mar 2, 2015
Münster
Bump,

I still couldn't solve the policy issue with Google. If someone had similiar problems with using protected images from an open database please contact me, would be nice so have some help in this case.

HellBoy.007

Sep 24, 2013
Bump,

I still couldn't solve the policy issue with Google. If someone had similiar problems with using protected images from an open database please contact me, would be nice so have some help in this case.
I don't know if you violate any guideline for shortening links by using bit.ly etc. but you could try using goo.gl, Google's own URL shortener.
Also, quite a few shows don't show the next correct air date anymore just saying "Show Continuing" whereas the actual site shows it correctly. Eg. The Big Bang Theory.

Update: Individually updating all the shows gives the correct air dates, but the refresh icon in the Shows tab doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Show Tracker
    icp4jrY.png

Description:
    With Show Tracker you can track your progress of your tv shows in a simple and fast way.
    Never forget on which episode you stopped watching your tv shows!

Features:
    ★ Access to one of the largest TV databases (TheTVDB.com)
    ★ Find TV series and add them to your list and keep track of them
    ★ Order your list with different priorities
    ★ Overview of upcoming and recent released episodes
    ★ Get information about your added TV series and their episodes
    ★ List of actors with pictures
    ★ Statistics about your TV shows and their episodes

If you find any bugs or want to submit a feature suggestion feel free to contact me and I will have a look at it.

Thanks to TheTVDB.com, because we get all information about the tv shows from them.

Screenshots:
    yLrXhqA.png
    5vCY89w.png
    YQgHrR5.png
    HH8so9N.png
    life is easier with this app.
    Hey

I tested your app. The performance is great and so is the app. I really love the actors tab.

My suggestions for your app to make it more user-friendly and maybe to add some additional features:

I don't really like the percentage indicators in the shows tab. The progress bar (13/14 seen) in the shows own tab is much better.

The next unwatched episode checkbox should be in the main tab (shows) to quickly mark episodes as seen. Now you have to click on every show and there click the box and go back...

Maybe make the popup of episodes swipeable to go quickly through all episodes (useful when you search for a specific one) and show the season/ episode number in the header.

A combined favorite tab for episodes and actors/actresses. Maybe located in the swipe out menu.

A news tab for "my" shows (not sure if this is possible).

A new shows tab to quickly look for new shows.

I will continue using the app and maybe find more things :D

Wow, thanks for the great feedback! Some of your ideas are really great :good:

I will definitely change the percentage indicator and try to add the next unwatched episode box in the main tab in the next update.

Your suggestion with the swipeable seasons/episodes is great, but since the the fragment with the episodes is already swipeable(Actors - Overview - Episodes) I have to think about how to implement it user-friendly.

In one of the next updates, I also try to implement a new tab with popular shows/trending shows to give the user some tv show suggestions. Maybe I add also a new shows tab there, but the API adds many many shows daily and most of them are very unknown.

And thanks for continuing using my app, really appreciate it :)
    I would really appreciate to get some feedback for my app. Thanks in advance!
    Version 1.0.1 released:
    • Minor bugfixes
    • Changes to the design of statistics
    • Added a hint to the Recent, Upcoming and Shows tab when if they are clear
    • Added .nomedia flag to the folders with the stored pictures