• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.0+] Android Lollipop (5.0) - Google Apps [Launcher, Keyboard, Wallpapers]

Search This thread

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
I put three in there. Hotword, vcd, and recognition. All with correct permission. Should I only be putting two in there? What two? Where does the third go?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rush with Tapatalk.
Devices: Nook Color, Dell XPS 18, Galaxy Rush (All modded)

ponnex

Nov 5, 2010
Cagayan de Oro
I put three in there. Hotword, vcd, and recognition. All with correct permission. Should I only be putting two in there? What two? Where does the third go?

Solved google search error by changing "ro.product.locale.region=YOUR COUNTY" in build.prop ;) *e.g. US,PH,IN,RU etc

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
So mine is already correct.... I have given up. I'm just going to continue using nova launcher. I have the new play, services, and all other apps working. Good enough for me. Lol
Thanks for all suggestions relating to my issue. Maybe someone else will solve it for 4.1.2.
Solved google search error by changing "ro.product.locale.region=YOUR COUNTY" in build.prop ;) *e.g. US,PH,IN,RU etc

menonsm2000

Sep 3, 2014
Play Store

Ran into trouble with Play Store, soon after changing permissions in system/app. Frequent irritating 'phone has stopped' popups got on my nerves. Even the GO launcher started acting funny. A reboot fixed the problems.

Nov 15, 2014
GNL circle animation doesnot work

Seems to be gone across the board for any of us 4.x users. My guess is that since GNL is designed to work on older Android versions, they are version checking and disabling certain things like the circle animation and only enable it for 5.0, even in this pre-release version. But it's weird because the circle animation is working when performing a search. I'm just glad it actually works on 4.x :)

Even for me, the google now launcher circle animation is not working. I am on 4.1.2. Please tell me how to get this circle animation working on my device. I really want this to work! Even on search it is not working. What exactly you meant by it works when performing search? include screenshots too if required.

sentry_mode_activated

Jan 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Even for me, the google now launcher circle animation is not working. I am on 4.1.2. Please tell me how to get this circle animation working on my device. I really want this to work! Even on search it is not working. What exactly you meant by it works when performing search? include screenshots too if required.

That post from me was from quite awhile ago, and since then I've moved to a native 5.0 rom on my G3. I'm pretty sure the extra animations in the Search/Google Now Launcher are specific only are possible in 5.0.
As far as search not working, I'd suggest removing all traces of Google Search/Now Launcher and install the current versions from the Play store (those are much more updated than the ones in this thread).

Nov 15, 2014
That post from me was from quite awhile ago, and since then I've moved to a native 5.0 rom on my G3. I'm pretty sure the extra animations in the Search/Google Now Launcher are specific only are possible in 5.0.
As far as search not working, I'd suggest removing all traces of Google Search/Now Launcher and install the current versions from the Play store (those are much more updated than the ones in this thread).

I have the latest search/google now launcher installed but not from play store instead I have sideloaded the apk from apkmirror and I keep updating as and when new apk's are uploaded on apkmirror website. So there is no way at all to get those ripple effects and appdrawer circle animation on 4.1.2?

sentry_mode_activated

Jan 20, 2011
Los Angeles
I have the latest search/google now launcher installed but not from play store instead I have sideloaded the apk from apkmirror and I keep updating as and when new apk's are uploaded on apkmirror website. So there is no way at all to get those ripple effects and appdrawer circle animation on 4.1.2?

I could be wrong about this but I believe those animations are api 5.0 dependant. The closest you'll get is maybe Nova Launcher with the Lollipop screen animations (but no app drawer animations).

Top Liked Posts