• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.0+] Automate - automatic tasks

Search This thread

1stSEA

Apr 6, 2017
Wasaga Beach
Hi

Question regarding if/when conditional block.

Block with some condition and waiting for "proceed when condition change":
When block entered with condition not met, will it continue immediately?

With block "when minimum wifi strength is 20%" it is waiting even when entered when wifi disabled. Probably I should first check if wifi enabled.
It would be convenient to assume when wifi is off then the signal 0% and continue right away...

And 3rd thing: When airplane mode turned on, it disables wifi. And command to enable wifi won't work

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Hi. Thinking of using Automate for a couple tasks. I currently use MacroDroid but I am having issues so I am hoping Automate will work. I have Android 11 and would like to disable Doze/Sleep on every restart. The phone does not receive notifications when it sleeps. I think this can be done with ADB in Automate but I'm new to this app. Is this something that can be done on a non-rooted phone? If so, do I need to connect to a PC every reboot?

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
Hi

Question regarding if/when conditional block.

Block with some condition and waiting for "proceed when condition change":
When block entered with condition not met, will it continue immediately?

With block "when minimum wifi strength is 20%" it is waiting even when entered when wifi disabled. Probably I should first check if wifi enabled.
It would be convenient to assume when wifi is off then the signal 0% and continue right away...

And 3rd thing: When airplane mode turned on, it disables wifi. And command to enable wifi won't work

No, for that change the Proceed option to Immediately. So if you flow has to do something when first launched, you'd need two blocks, running throuh Proceed=Immediately at first, and Proceed=When changed for subsequent checks.

Wi-Fi being disabled should mean 0% signal strength.

While airplane mode takes precedence, preventing specific networks from be enabled separately, that's how it works. You may be able to use the System settings set block to specify which networks airplane mode should affect, see: https://groups.google.com/g/automate-user/c/UwRrEL5sZgQ/m/CabR0m_GAQAJ

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
Hi. Thinking of using Automate for a couple tasks. I currently use MacroDroid but I am having issues so I am hoping Automate will work. I have Android 11 and would like to disable Doze/Sleep on every restart. The phone does not receive notifications when it sleeps. I think this can be done with ADB in Automate but I'm new to this app. Is this something that can be done on a non-rooted phone? If so, do I need to connect to a PC every reboot?
On a rooted device use the Device doze mode set state block: https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/block/device_idle_mode_set_state.html

Using ADB shell, try executing: dumpsys deviceidle disable
I dont know if disabling it is permanent through a root. See also: https://stackoverflow.com/a/60681007/445360

Currently the ADB shell command block do require a PC after every reboot, see: https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/block/adb_shell_command.html

1stSEA

Apr 6, 2017
Wasaga Beach
With block "when minimum wifi strength is 20%" it is waiting even when entered when wifi disabled.
It is in waiting mode.

I experimented with this some more and found, that when I walk out of wifi range, wifi gets disconnected, but log still shows it is still waiting. Whn I open the block for editing it shows signal strenth 33.33%
So either it stuck on last signal value, or it says strength of some other wifi around (not connected to).

When I change the condition to the minimum signal 40% it works fine as expected.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Anyone know how to keep Android 11 from going into sleep/doze mode... even by running some flow at regular intervals? The only way I know of waking it up is to pick the phone up and move it or unlock the screen... but it goes back into sleep 5 minutes afterwards if you stop using it. I guess some flow would need to run every 5 minutes.

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
Automate version 1.31.2

What’s new:
  • Using Google’s implementation of in-app purchase and verification
  • Google Drive share block include “resourceKey” in download URL
  • HTTP request block support chunked Transfer-Encoding
  • App ops mode get & set blocks got Foreground mode (Android 10+)
  • Dialog web block logs console messages to system log when Debug logging is enabled
  • Screened calls should not show “missed calls” notification
  • Fixed duplicate notifications issue

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
It should as simple as...
1. Flow beginning
2. Call screening: Caller phone number: pn
3. Contact query: Query value=pn, Value type: Phone number
Y. Call screening response: Allow
N. Call screening response: Block
Thanks. Seems simple enough but I must be doing something wrong. It's rejecting a valid contact and a non-contact is generating a java error - attempt to invoke virtual method... which stops the flow by failure and allows the call through. Does the incoming number have to match exact... I mean with - or () in it?

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
Thanks. Seems simple enough but I must be doing something wrong. It's rejecting a valid contact and a non-contact is generating a java error - attempt to invoke virtual method... which stops the flow by failure and allows the call through. Does the incoming number have to match exact... I mean with - or () in it?
What is the error, maybe a block isn't configured correctly?
No, the phone numbers doesn't have to be exactly the same, the Contact query should handle a phone number however it's formatted.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
What is the error, maybe a block isn't configured correctly?
No, the phone numbers doesn't have to be exactly the same, the Contact query should handle a phone number however it's formatted.
The error is "Java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getSchemeSpecificPart()' on a null object reference"

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
The error is "Java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.net.Uri.getSchemeSpecificPart()' on a null object reference"
Hmm that's a poorly chosen error message, i'll fix that. It's likely caused by you forgetting to set the Query value or Caller phone number isn't assigned, i.e. the pn variable is null. To handle that insert before #3:
3. Expression true: #pn

That will check the length of pn, so it's not 0.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Hmm that's a poorly chosen error message, i'll fix that. It's likely caused by you forgetting to set the Query value or Caller phone number isn't assigned, i.e. the pn variable is null. To handle that insert before #3:
3. Expression true: #pn

That will check the length of pn, so it's not 0.
Thanks, that fixes the error but it still rejects a number that is in my contacts. When I call and hide the number so it shows as private, it allows the call. I double-checked the flow and Yes is set to Allow and No to Reject.

ballzak

Feb 27, 2013
Stockholm
llamalab.com
Thanks, that fixes the error but it still rejects a number that is in my contacts. When I call and hide the number so it shows as private, it allows the call. I double-checked the flow and Yes is set to Allow and No to Reject.
If the call is from a private/unknown number then the Caller phone number output variable will be null, that's to be expected. The only way to handle that would be to also Reject calls from unknown/no number.

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Would the private/unknown thing be handled in the same flow? What about it rejecting the call even though the number is in contacts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Automate various tasks on your smartphone or tablet. Create your automations with flowscharts.
    Toggle settings like Wi-Fi or perform actions like sending e-mail, based on your location, the time of day or any other event.
    Automate even support plug-in apps made for Tasker and Locale.

Free download at the Google Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate

Check out all the user-made automation flows:
    http://llamalab.com/automate/community/

Online documentation found at:
    http://llamalab.com/automate/doc/index.html

I’d appreciate your feedback, please use this forum to report problems, missing features, ask questions, or general discussion about the app.

Features
    • Modular security — Only grant Automate the Android permissions you’re actually using.
    • Logic presentation — You edit flowcharts, it’s easy to follow what’s going to happen.
    • Simple, yet powerful — Novices can pick from predefined options, while power users may use expressions, variables and functions.
    • Sharing — Your “flows” are safe and easy to share with friends, or with other users using the in-app community.
    Building blocks
    Automate includes more than 250 blocks to build with, including actions, conditions, event triggers, loops and more:
    • Airplane mode
    • Alarm; await, set
    • Apps: start, kill, foregound, clean cache
    • AppOps
    • Attention light
    • Audio volume
    • Auto-sync
    • Battery level
    • Bluetooth; tethering, SCO, etc.
    • Calendar event
    • Call; state, dial, incoming, outgoing
    • Camera
    • Car mode
    • Cell tower; near, pick
    • Clipboard
    • Contact
    • CPU speed
    • Data usage
    • Device; docked, lock, orientation
    • Dialog; color, confirm, choice, input, date, time, map, etc.
    • E-mail; compose, send
    • File; list, copy, move, delete, make directory, monitor
    • Flashlight
    • FTP; list, upload, download, delete, make dir
    • Geocoding
    • Gmail; compose, send, unread count
    • Google Drive; list, upload, download, delete, make dir
    • Google Now voice command
    • GPS
    • HTTP request
    • Input method
    • Interruptions
    • Location; await, get
    • Lock screen (keyguard)
    • Map
    • Media buttons
    • Media playing
    • Microphone mute
    • MMS; send
    • Mobile data
    • Mobile network (2G/3G/4G)
    • Mobile operator
    • Motion gestures
    • Network type
    • Network throughput
    • NFC; read/write tags
    • Night mode
    • Notification
    • Personal activity recognition
    • Play sound
    • Plug-ins; Tasker, Locale
    • Power source
    • Record audio
    • Ringtone
    • Ringer mode
    • Roaming
    • Screen; brightness, orientation, off timeout
    • Screenshot
    • Sensor; light, temperature, pressure, proximity
    • Shell command
    • Signal strength
    • SMS; compose, send, sent, received
    • Speakerphone
    • Speech recognition
    • Storage; mounted, low space
    • System settings
    • Text-to-speech
    • Time; delay, await, window
    • Vibrate; predefined, custom, morse patterns
    • USB tethering
    • Wallpaper
    • Weather; forecast
    • Wi-Fi; scan, hotspot, etc.
    • Zip

tablet-land-1.png
    tablet-land-2.png

phone-port-3.png
    phone-port-7.png
    phone-port-5.png
    phone-port-6.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Automate, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    ballzak

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-07-05

Created 2015-07-05
    Last Updated 2015-07-05
    So, there are a lot of automation apps out there already. How do you yours differentiating itself?

Most of the other automation apps are simple "if this do that". With Automate, the user can make complex automations, hopefully on par with Tasker, but easier to learn.

Other then that, the feature list (see above) is pretty unique. The modular security model is probably the most innovative, and appreciated, i hope.

But it's too early to tell, the app has only been public for a week. I need more feedback. :fingers-crossed:
    Version 1.6.0

Automate version 1.6.0
    What’s new:
    • Button to preview community flows
    • Share flow as PDF (Android 4.4+) or image
    • Location mock block
    • Calendar pick block got Show hidden calendars input argument
    • Call incoming/outgoing blocks got Subscription id output variable
    • File and Google Drive list blocks on longer include all directories when specifying a Modified since input argument
    • Flow beginning block got Hidden option
    • Speak and Speak to file blocks got rate input argument
    • findAll function
    • hexEncode and hexDecode functions got Charset parameter
    Version 1.12.0

Automate version 1.12.0
    What’s new:
    • Audio device connected block
    • Preferred activity block
    • App list block got category input argument
    • HTTP request and Ping blocks got network interface input argument
    • Ping block got protocol input argument