• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][4.0+] CPU Hardware and System Infos

Search This thread

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This app is really nice and quite useful, but why would I need CPU usage when in the app. A notification showing CPU/RAM usage in the status bar would be much more convenient, so you can check your CPU usage while playing games or similar.

Thx in advance.

After testing this app on two devices (SM-T111 & SM-T350, described above), I can say that overall I love this app. It's a convenient way to get a lot of info in one place.

I compared the numbers side by side with the 3C pro app and most were within range of each other with the following exceptions:

Issues:
App reports the 350 isn't rooted. It is, w twrp, su & busybox installed.

Cpu load differed significantly with 3Cs numbers on both devices.

Cpu temp on 111 reports as 80000 deg C (actual # is 80 deg, prob just a missing decimal.

Other that I will highly recommend it and have already given it 5 stars on Playstore

Thanks for your feedbacks.

I fixed the CPU Temperature bug that affected some devices.

For the other problem, I'm working on.

Sylvain

Reactions: equitube

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Internal memory readings not properly working on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
phone says total device capacity 16.00GB, used space 9.75 GB, available space 6.25GB
app says total internal memory 9.489GB, used internal memory 3.093GB, available internal memory 6.396GB
extSDCard is a little off too

View attachment 3667521View attachment 3667522View attachment 3667523View attachment 3667524View attachment 3667525View attachment 3667526

readings are correct

Thanks for your tests :).

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

It seems CPU Temperature is not displayed on Sony Xperia devices.

It would be great if some Sony users that read that thread can check the following list of files on their device :

• /sys/devices/platform/omap/omap_temp_sensor.0/temperature
  • /sys/kernel/debug/tegra_thermal/temp_tj
  • /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpu_temp
  • /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp
  • /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
  • /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp
  • /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
  • /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/cput_attributes/cur_temp
  • /sys/devices/platform/s5p-tmu/curr_temp
  • /sys/devices/platform/s5p-tmu/temperature

If you have one of these files, can you make a cat on the file to give me the content to help me to understand where Sony put the CPU temperature information ?

Thanks.

Sylvain

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is from a Sony Xperia Z3 (D6603)

/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp
/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp
/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

Thanks for your answer.

And in the application, what is value displayed ? "N/A" ?

st_voss

Jul 6, 2008
Berlin
Thanks for your answer.

And in the application, what is value displayed ? "N/A" ?

Sorry, scripting error on my part. File contents is:

In application CPU temperature is show as 38 degrees C.

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
I just reinstalled this on a new rom. All issues seem to have been resolved. I still love the wealth of info this gives at a glance without having to open a terminal and try to remember or google the rignt commands, good work dev

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just reinstalled this on a new rom. All issues seem to have been resolved. I still love the wealth of info this gives at a glance without having to open a terminal and try to remember or google the rignt commands, good work dev

Thanks. I plan to add a favorite tab where you could add just your favorite info to add a quick look to all of these info. What do you think about it ?

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Sorry, scripting error on my part. File contents is:

In application CPU temperature is show as 38 degrees C.

Thanks. I plan to add a favorite tab where you could add just your favorite info to add a quick look to all of these info. What do you think about it ?

That's a great idea. Another thing I'm really impressed about with this app is the depth of tech info presented. I am a mod freak and aspiring dev myself and this app gives details that most build sheets and spec pages leave out.

AstroBoy89

Oct 16, 2012
Mansfield, TX
OnePlus 8T
It's giving me a screen size of 5 inches on the Nexus 5X, when the screen is actually 5.2 inches. There are also several unknowns being listed in the sensors, but these are just the description titles as the relevant info is still being shown. There is an issue with my data signal strength showing over 300%, which should be impossible. Otherwise, this is a fairly decent app.

Last edited:

AstroBoy89

Oct 16, 2012
Mansfield, TX
OnePlus 8T
It's giving me a screen size of 5 inches on the Nexus 5X, when the screen is actually 5.2 inches. There are also several unknowns being listed in the sensors, but these are just the description titles as the relevant info is still being shown. There is an issue with my data signal strength showing over 300%, which should be impossible. Otherwise, this is a fairly decent app.

For some reason when using the XDA labs app, I can't add pictures when I edit my post, but here are the pics to back up my claims:

Note: The specific SoC name is not listed, but only the manufacturer (I.e. Qualcomm and not the specific chip name I.e. Snapdragon 808 or MSM8992). I have not included the picture as I don't see where that info would even be listed under SoC. I am only being shown the CPU max and min for the quadcore section of the chip and not the dualcore. Also, this is the first app of this type I've come across with ads, especially pop ups. I hate to bash your app like this, but it still needs work as there are details missing for my phone using this app, whereas others aren't and even give me incredibly detailed info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160430-181544.png
    Screenshot_20160430-181544.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20160430-181526.jpg
    Screenshot_20160430-181526.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_20160430-181521.jpg
    Screenshot_20160430-181521.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20160430-181510.jpg
    Screenshot_20160430-181510.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20160430-181445.jpg
    Screenshot_20160430-181445.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

I updated CPU Hardware & System Info in version 3.0 on the Google Play Store. The update brings you the following changes :
* Permissions management
* Updating the list of devices recognized
* Kernel Architecture is now well displayed
* CPU Load is supported up to 8 cores

The application is available on the Google Play Store in two versions :
- Free supported by Ads : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.cpuhardwareinfos
- Paid with no Ads : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.cpuhardwareinfos.pro

You can download the new version directly from the SSaurel's Server if you want too : https://www.ssaurel.com/cpuinfos/CpuHardwareSystemInfos.apk

Don't hesitate to give a try to this new version and give me your feedback.

Thanks.

Sylvain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I create that thread to present you CPU Hardware and System Info a new application to monitor and inspect your hardware and system informations and data easily and quickly. Application is freely available on Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.cpuhardwareinfos

CPU Hardware and System Info gives you all the informations about hardware and system of your device (smartphone or tablet) inside an elegant Material Design interface.

promo_700_en.png

Informations and data are grouped around 13 tabs :
    • System giving you all informations on your system like name, model, manufacturer, board, bootloader, kernel architecture or still OS version name.
    • Soc giving you informations about your chipset like code, manufacturer name or your GPU. But also dynamic data like CPU Min / Max, CPU Clock Speed, CPU Temperature, Cores, Active Cores, CPU Load for each core. It lets your to monitor your CPU activity.
    • Memory with details of internal and external memory
    • RAM with details on total RAM, used RAM and free RAM
    • Screen with screen size, resolution, density, refresh rate (fps) or still brightness
    • Battery with battery health, level, power source, status, technology, temperature or voltage
    • Thermal info from CPU, Battery and Ambient Air Sensor
    • Sensors listing all you device's sensors and showing their values in real time
    • Cameras listing all you cameras with for each of them max resolution and supported resolutions
    • Mobile that presents your all informations about your smartphone like Device ID (IMEI for GSM), Device Type, Network Operator, Signal Strength, SIM Serial Number or still phone activity
    • Network showing you your connection type, Wi-Fi signal strength, IP Local and External, MAC Address, SSID and connection speed
    • Bluetooth showing details like device name Bluetooth address
    • Location showing location is enabled, location sensor type used and also your last position (latitude / longitude)

A Youtube demo video is available here :

Some screenshots :

* System tab

system_en.png

* Soc tab

soc_en.png

* Memory tab

memory_en.png

* RAM tab

ram_en.png

* Screen tab

screen_en.png

* Sensors tab

sensors_en.png

All dynamic data of CPU Hardware and System Info are refreshed automatically to let you monitor your system and your hardware easily and quickly.

To show you all of these informations, CPU Hardware and System Info needs the following permissions :
    • INTERNET / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE to show you network informations
    • ACCESS_WIFI_STATE for details about your Wi-Fi connection if available
    • READ / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to check details on your external storage
    • READ_PHONE_STATE to monitor phone activity and show you informations like Device Id
    • CAMERA to list all your cameras and detect resolutions
    • BODY_SENSORS to detect if a body sensor is implemented and add it to list of all other sensors available
    • ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION to detect your location type and your last location

CPU Hardware an System Info ensures you that none of these data are stored. We can add that these data aren't cached. Each display needs a reading of properties. Read and Display is the only action of CPU Hardware and System Info.

A sharing feature is also available to share your configuration with your friends.

Furthermore, I need your help to try CPU Hardware and System Info and check if all works well on your device. Don't hesitate to tell me in this topic by posting some screenshots for example or in the Google Plus community : https://plus.google.com/communities/110165010998577458660

If you have some bugs, tell me and I will try to fix them quickly.

A direct link to download the APK is provided from my server : http://www.ssaurel.com/cpuinfos/CpuHardwareSystemInfos.apk

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain
    Hello,

I updated CPU Hardware and System Info in version 1.3 with following updates :
    • Information must be wrote Information and without the "s" (Info also !)
    • Units for RAM and Memory sections are now bytes (MB or GB)
    • Scrollbar on lists is well rendered now

Version on my server has been uploaded in version 1.3 also.

Furthermore, A youtube demo video is available now :

Don't hesitate to post your feedbacks or device configurations.

Sylvain
    Good working

GT-I9060 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Great work!! Simple neat and clean piece of app. Provides all the information that is required. It offers more than some other well known apps. One suggestion, it read information about only sim1 in mobile section, if possible please add sim2 for dual sim devices.
    Thank You.
    Thanks for the latest update mate its working on my S6 previous version not working on my S6 but in this version its working great thanks alot & its awesome & useful App appreciated

Some ss

77d3ff375bd9bdbf3995475ea173f6b0.jpg
    a2b4b38dad866256b5bb020d7ec78ecc.jpg
    8d8ba9eb73f22f1da7943f5c4609600c.jpg
    124458df089934dec013fe1f097cfcc8.jpg
    de3d6a73ab790cde5e00b0c048af5a33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk