[APP][4.0+] Do not wait for android P, Get new Volume Control like Android P style

Search This thread

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
P6hj1gn.png

Android P Volume Slider is Volume control Widget recently introduced in first developer preview of Android P.
Its a new vertical volume control to adjust volume in android P and onward updates.
Android P Volume Slider allows exactly the same Volume control widget for all android devices from android 4.1+ on wards.

No wait for official android P support for your device. install Android P Volume Slider app and have a similar experience for controlling volume for your phone.

App allows you to control different volume channels of your android device directly from notification. This will help you to avoid pressing physical volume button hardware keys.

App shows floating volume control like android P and its floating volume control that runs above all running apps and games, so without leaving your running app, you can easily increase or decrease volume of game or app.

To make volume adjustments a bit easier, App lets you raise or lower your volume level by simply swiping down the notification of your screen.
Its Volume Toggles at Volume notification and also have Volume control Widget, so you can instantly change and control volume levels form your home screen and quickly adjust the current volume levels of alarm, media player, voice call, ringer and system notifications..

FEATURES
◇ Android P like Floating Volume Panel with default duration for it.
◇ Volume Slider Position on screen to reach out the seekbar easily
◇ Color for Volume Notification bar and for Widget too.
◇ Color option for Toggles icon on notification bar
◇ Install and explore more..

INTERACTIVE WIDGETS
Android P Volume Slider Widgets are very similar of Volume Toggles in Notification bar and provide the same functions.

Install it from the market, then install manually the widget to the desired location of the desktop in standard way for your device:
✔ Long touch on your home screen or click the menu button;
✔ Choose "Add";
✔ Click on "Widgets";
✔ Choose the Android P Volume Slider Widget.

If Widget is not in the widgets list:
✔ Make sure that it's installed into internal memory! Widgets do not work from SD card;
✔ Restart your system.

PERMISSIONS
Please note that the following permissions are required to use the app (the function/reasons are provided in brackets):

✔ Do Not Disturb Permission(Android 7+ devices require this permission to change the volume level to 0 or increase it from 0)
✔ System Overlay Permission(Floating Volume Control panel runs on top of any running apps and it require this permission)
✔ Run at startup (restore settings after startup)

NOTE: Starting from Android version 4.1.x (Jelly Bean) in the standard firmware channels "System", "Alert" and "Ringer" are tied.
They can not be set separately. This is not the reason to blame the app.
At the same time, in some versions of firmware (e.g. in Samsung), these channels are NOT tied. Therefore the App have the opportunity to display and to adjust them separately, if possible.

Download Link:
XDA LAB
https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Google Play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Suggestions and feedback are welcome ! : [email protected]
Use App "Send Suggestion" option to directly email me (Developer)

Thank you.

:cool: App Demo Video:
https://youtu.be/lTq5ZXa8ak0

More Screenshots:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=25687#screenshots

XDA:DevDB Information
[APP][4.1+] Android P Volume Slider, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
yogi.306
Source Code: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-03-11

Created 2018-03-11
Last Updated 2018-03-11

Attachments

• screener_1520766709343.jpg
    screener_1520766709343.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 16,202
  • screener_1520766980864.jpg
    screener_1520766980864.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 16,227
  • screener_1520766845119.png
    screener_1520766845119.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 16,129
  • screener_1520766794167.jpg
    screener_1520766794167.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 15,937
  • screener_1520766756934.png
    screener_1520766756934.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 15,435
  • screener_1520766742462.png
    screener_1520766742462.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 14,809
  • screener_1520766866800.jpg
    screener_1520766866800.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 13,730
  • screener_1520766930684.jpg
    screener_1520766930684.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 13,228
Last edited:

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Reserved

Version 1.11 uploaded on xda lab and playstore, with the latest changes
1. Volume hardware keys now supported with long pressed too.
2. Transparency option added
3. Color options for Volume slider
4. You can lock audio channel, so if you want only media audio control on volume key press, you can set Volume slider to media, by default its "auto" like default android system. that shows slider based on the current running app.
5. Animation like P

Last edited:
Reactions: strategist99

travisn000

Oct 13, 2007
I don't think this app can capture / override the system volume buttons.. it only seems to work through the through the homescreen or notification widget.

I hit the refund button in the play store, but will definitely be back if it can do this on a stock samsung s7 edge!

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
That will need accessibility service access and background service running all the time in background, which we want to avoid. so right now this will not work.
may be if we get more such request, we will add such option for advance user, where user will have choice to start background service.

Is it possible to open this notification panel when we press volume button?

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com

Nawazm

That will need accessibility service access and background service running all the time in background, which we want to avoid. so right now this will not work.
may be if we get more such request, we will add such option for advance user, where user will have choice to start background service.
Go on, i would love to have this kind of control when i press volume button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6hj1gn.png

Android P Volume Slider is Volume control Widget recently introduced in first developer preview of Android P.
    Its a new vertical volume control to adjust volume in android P and onward updates.
    Android P Volume Slider allows exactly the same Volume control widget for all android devices from android 4.1+ on wards.

No wait for official android P support for your device. install Android P Volume Slider app and have a similar experience for controlling volume for your phone.

App allows you to control different volume channels of your android device directly from notification. This will help you to avoid pressing physical volume button hardware keys.

App shows floating volume control like android P and its floating volume control that runs above all running apps and games, so without leaving your running app, you can easily increase or decrease volume of game or app.

To make volume adjustments a bit easier, App lets you raise or lower your volume level by simply swiping down the notification of your screen.
    Its Volume Toggles at Volume notification and also have Volume control Widget, so you can instantly change and control volume levels form your home screen and quickly adjust the current volume levels of alarm, media player, voice call, ringer and system notifications..

FEATURES
    ◇ Android P like Floating Volume Panel with default duration for it.
    ◇ Volume Slider Position on screen to reach out the seekbar easily
    ◇ Color for Volume Notification bar and for Widget too.
    ◇ Color option for Toggles icon on notification bar
    ◇ Install and explore more..

INTERACTIVE WIDGETS
    Android P Volume Slider Widgets are very similar of Volume Toggles in Notification bar and provide the same functions.

Install it from the market, then install manually the widget to the desired location of the desktop in standard way for your device:
    ✔ Long touch on your home screen or click the menu button;
    ✔ Choose "Add";
    ✔ Click on "Widgets";
    ✔ Choose the Android P Volume Slider Widget.

If Widget is not in the widgets list:
    ✔ Make sure that it's installed into internal memory! Widgets do not work from SD card;
    ✔ Restart your system.

PERMISSIONS
    Please note that the following permissions are required to use the app (the function/reasons are provided in brackets):

✔ Do Not Disturb Permission(Android 7+ devices require this permission to change the volume level to 0 or increase it from 0)
    ✔ System Overlay Permission(Floating Volume Control panel runs on top of any running apps and it require this permission)
    ✔ Run at startup (restore settings after startup)

NOTE: Starting from Android version 4.1.x (Jelly Bean) in the standard firmware channels "System", "Alert" and "Ringer" are tied.
    They can not be set separately. This is not the reason to blame the app.
    At the same time, in some versions of firmware (e.g. in Samsung), these channels are NOT tied. Therefore the App have the opportunity to display and to adjust them separately, if possible.

Download Link:
    XDA LAB
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Google Play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Suggestions and feedback are welcome ! : [email protected]
    Use App "Send Suggestion" option to directly email me (Developer)

Thank you.

:cool: App Demo Video:
    https://youtu.be/lTq5ZXa8ak0

More Screenshots:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=25687#screenshots

XDA:DevDB Information
    [APP][4.1+] Android P Volume Slider, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    yogi.306
    Source Code: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.androidpvolumeslider

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-11

Created 2018-03-11
    Last Updated 2018-03-11
    Tomorrow's update (20 March 2018), will have option to override the hardware volume keys..
    we are able to get it done using accessibility service.

I mean it's currently doesn't work with volume button if i not launch it from notification bar, it's need accessibility permission.

It could be more nice if it can replace stock volume bar. Nice work. Let me know if my suggestion was applied.

Ok thanks and please let me know when you release it.
    Go on, i would love to have this kind of control when i press volume button.

Thank you for your support. yes we will work on it.
    Thank you for your suggestion and messages.
    yes we are working on accessibility service part so, it can be shown up when volume button hardware key pressed..
    we will keep you updated..

Great app , would love to see it work with volume buttons !

This works well with button mapper and pop up widget for setting as default volume when pressing volume hardware buttons.

Will be great if could replace the Oreo slider completely. Accessibility or root should be allowed

Working in my lenovo a6000+ thank's @yogi.306

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it's great but this appearing & disappearing every time you change volume is pretty annoying, @yogi.306 please change this?

Also I'd expect to be able to tap the icon below the slider to toggle mute (as in Android P) but that doesn't work, and I'd love there to be a way to tap left and right to scroll through all the sliders showing one at a time, or even to expand the slider horizontally to show all the sliders at the same time.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Android P also features a Volume UP + Power combo to toggle silent mode, see https://www.androidauthority.com/android-p-silence-ringer-863232/

You named it all. Thanks!