[APP][4.0+] Droid Automation : Automate your device

Search This thread

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Would it be possible to add an "until" condition? eg When there's a missed call, repeat TTS 'you missed a call' until phone shakes?

Hi there,

No there is no "until" condition,
but it's possible but with multiple profiles and a variable :

#Profile 1 :
Trigger : Missed call
Task : Set var MISSED to 1

#Profile 2 :
Trigger : Shake
Task : Set var MISSED to 0

#Profile 3:
Trigger : Interval (30s for exemple)
Tasks :
[ IF VAR MISSED Equal 1
- TTS : Your text
END ]

Reactions: singleword

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
@wakdev
Any thoughts on a trigger when cell signal is < X%? I saw a post from 1 year ago requesting this and you said it was on your list. Not sure if it made it into product?

Hi there,

I've recently added a conditional block for cell signal. It's not really possible to have a %, but there is some signal levels available.
You can set a profile with an interval (for example : 30 seconds) for check the signal level with the conditional block.

But I need to work on a dedicated trigger.

Have a good day.
Kindest regards.

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Discount !

Good news everyone !

This week, get a discount on Droid Automation - Pro Edition.
Available on GooglePlay for 1,79$ instead of 2,99$.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.droidautomation.pro

droid-automation-00.png

kaiser2000

Mar 21, 2008
First off. Great app. I've been using it a few weeks now and it's working perfectly.

2 questions/requests though...

- Is it possible to add a network mode action that's triggered by a defined condition?
For example, the 4G/LTE signal strength in my apartment sucks, but I have a signal booster from the operator that works with my fibre line to give a perfect 3G signal.
It would be great then if it was possible to automatically switch the phone (S6 Edge+ running Nougat) to 3G when it connect my home WiFi, and back to 4G on disconnecting.
Is this possible to do?

- Second question.. Is it possible to add a secondary condition to triggers, eg: if connected to home WiFi and time is between 9pm and 12pm change the volume levels to x otherwise leave them at y.

Appreciate your feedback and thanks again for a great app

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
First off. Great app. I've been using it a few weeks now and it's working perfectly.

2 questions/requests though...

- Is it possible to add a network mode action that's triggered by a defined condition?
For example, the 4G/LTE signal strength in my apartment sucks, but I have a signal booster from the operator that works with my fibre line to give a perfect 3G signal.
It would be great then if it was possible to automatically switch the phone (S6 Edge+ running Nougat) to 3G when it connect my home WiFi, and back to 4G on disconnecting.
Is this possible to do?

- Second question.. Is it possible to add a secondary condition to triggers, eg: if connected to home WiFi and time is between 9pm and 12pm change the volume levels to x otherwise leave them at y.

Appreciate your feedback and thanks again for a great app

1: No sorry it's not possible, or maybe with a root command.
2: The logic is to add all triggers you needs, the conditions need to be dealt in tasks list with block conditions.

For example :

Triggers :
- Connected to Home Wi-Fi
Tasks :
[ Cond. between 9pm to 12pm / include
- Change the volume levels to X
END ]

Have a good day !

ProudRed

Nov 16, 2015
Sony Xperia Z
OnePlus 3T
Hi, I was planning to replace Taasker with this. Tried to create the tasker profiles into this, but couldnt. Lot of things are missing.

For example, I disable, enable Wifi/Data based on my cell tower location. Since cell towers are not there I couldnt do it.

Even after that I wanted to configure it this way - When Wifi is not connected to a specific network, disable Wifi and Enable mobile Data.

MohRez

Nov 15, 2014
EsFaHaN
Hi,

You can find the task in Root category, but for it works, you need to have a rooted device.
From Android 5, Google don't allow developers to toggle mobile data without a root access.

Have a good day.

my device is rooted and I found that in Root category , but it has not any option to set time !

Last edited:

spr33

Jan 10, 2007
Staffordshire
Hi, I was planning to replace Taasker with this. Tried to create the tasker profiles into this, but couldnt. Lot of things are missing.

For example, I disable, enable Wifi/Data based on my cell tower location. Since cell towers are not there I couldnt do it.

Even after that I wanted to configure it this way - When Wifi is not connected to a specific network, disable Wifi and Enable mobile Data.

I'd also love this functionality. Whilst technically less accurate than the other location services, it's MUCH less battery hungry.

Green Bullfrog

Jan 7, 2018
I've purchased the pro version, and want to use it to its maximum potential. Just wondering if there is a user guide available. What I'd like to find out about is the user variables and how to use them.
Also, I can't see a trigger for proximity sensor. I'd like to set a profile to turn off screen when I close the case cover.

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Open BETA

Hi everyone !

I've been working on a major update of Droid Automation (version 3.0)
Before deploying the update to everyone, I ask for your help to test this new version.
I created an open beta if you want to help me solve problems (if there are any).

Here is the link to the beta versions :

For Droid Automation : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.wakdev.droidautomation.free
For Droid Automation - Pro Edition : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.wakdev.droidautomation.pro

droidautomation.preview.3.0.png

Pro versions will be offered to people who will help me to identify problems ;)
Thanks for your help.

See you soon !

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Update 3.0.1

Hi everyone !

Good news, I've released the major update 3.0.1 of Droid Automation on Google Play.

Important note :
Related to the new directives of Google : https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/12/improving-app-security-and-performance.html
I've migrated the app on SDK 26 (Oreo), that's means Android limits the background execution of apps to improve battery life.
So to deal with this new restriction, I had to implement a permanent notification.
More information: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/oreo/background.html

I hope you understand that a permanent notification is not a personal choice.
Don't worry, from Android Oreo you can hide this notification by hiding the related channel.

Droid Automation : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.droidautomation.free
Droid Automation - Pro Edition : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.droidautomation.pro

droidautomation.preview.3.0.png

Release notes : http://release-notes.droidautomation.wakdev.com/

volumia

Jul 15, 2010
Just got myself the Pro version and I am impressed. Very nice and intuitive app!
I was wondering if there is an option to rename a file based on a variable, like say date and time, after a download finishes? Or another trick, delete one or more files, based on the timestamp in a folder?

Keep it up, this works like a charm.

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Just got myself the Pro version and I am impressed. Very nice and intuitive app!
I was wondering if there is an option to rename a file based on a variable, like say date and time, after a download finishes? Or another trick, delete one or more files, based on the timestamp in a folder?

Keep it up, this works like a charm.

No sorry, but definitely on my todo list ;)

MoL_82

Aug 16, 2019
When I set a task with a Trigger Interval of 1 hour, the task is not performed by Droid Automation. The first time I start the task manually, so I reckon it should be triggered by Driod Automation after 1 hour, but it does not.
I did not change a thing in notifications as you told us about the need for permanant notification.

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT:
I cannot post a screenshot of history as I am new to this forum. The history looked like this:
25-09-19 06:35:38 - Profile execution: Detach
25-09-19 05:35:37 - Profile execution: Detach
25-09-19 04:35:37 - Profile execution: Detach
25-09-19 03:35:37 - Profile execution: Detach
25-09-19 02:11:37 - Profile execution: Detach
25-09-19 01:11:37 - Profile execution: Detach
24-09-19 21:53:57 - Profile created: Detach

I took a screenshot of it at 8:25.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts