• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][4.0] ICS Browser+ v1.2.2

Search This thread

momomok

Dec 6, 2010
Hong Kong
Found a bug... (the red icon)

6e041f35-0efd-e048.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Q2V

May 11, 2006
Pls add option to show bookmarks as list, also option for change brightness

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
With the new update the tabs at the top of the screen (on tablets) look weird. Was that a deliberate change?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Here's a screenshot.

I've looked the screenshot but don't see anything weird.

Not sure if this bug has been posted, but just in case. There is a bug with quick controls tab button when the tab button is on the second ring with the third outer ring enabled. When long press the tab quick control and attempt to slide over to open tabs to view/select a different tab, the touch event gets broken and you cannot scroll the other tabs or select them. They just disappear as soon as you slide your finger.

Hope this wasnt already posted. I love the above function but only use 2 rings for now because of it.
Yep this is a bug. It can be fixed by moving the tab quick control to the outer ring when you have 3 rings enabled. Just a note: you can change the "width" of the rings. If you make the size smaller a third ring might be useful if you have a lot of quick controls enabled.

Hey, just a few things sorry if they've already been posted....
Is it possible to add the scroll bar (grey box with up & down arrow) as its very useful for large web pages.
Could you explain the sensitivity for the gestures? I've tried them and it seems they either work or they don't.
Full screen mode doesn't work unless quick controls is enabled.
Rest seems good and smooth thanks :)

Asus tranformer running ics.

The sensibility is just relaxing or constraining the velocity parameter of a gesture.

I got FC when I try to start it.
I have a LG Optimus 2X and run android 4.0.3
The rest info do you find below.

5effaa91-fe07-2c8d.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
Ya, might be a ROM problem. Maybe you can send in a report next time when it FCs. Please add a comment so I can track the source.

Is compatible with my Samsung galaxy S2 (android 2.3.4) ?
Yes if you install the new Android 4.0 firmware for the Galaxy S2 it will be fully compatible

Please add a "keep in memory" feature n9to prevent the browser from getting killed while in the background... Having to reload tabs all the time really sucks..
On the list. :)
Found a bug... (the red icon)

6e041f35-0efd-e048.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is a known bug. Will be fixed in a next version

Pls add option to show bookmarks as list, also option for change brightness
Good suggestions. Thanks.

Reactions: momomok and orrebo

lodm

Dec 30, 2010
Roma
I've got a problem with this fantastic browser. Eg, if i'm in facebook app and i decide to open a link with ics browser plus, it crash! And if then i try to open it again it starts to not open and crashes.

I'm on i9000 with tsunamics

dagnus

Dec 1, 2009
FC on launch! Vivid, 4.0.3, sense 3.6

no idea why this is happening. thought it was due to me being on a lower density than stock, but it wasnt. app launches for the first time and attempts to log in and asks for access to things, and then after having everything allowed, it FC's. and then FC's on load, everytime.

El Norupz

Jun 28, 2010
Hobro
no idea why this is happening. thought it was due to me being on a lower density than stock, but it wasnt. app launches for the first time and attempts to log in and asks for access to things, and then after having everything allowed, it FC's. and then FC's on load, everytime.

I got the same problem and have had it every single time since the last update, but I'm running cm9.

I would send in a report on fc, but I never have had the chance because fc warning disappears as quickly as it pop up and the whole process from pushing the button-to the browser tries to start but fc and disappears again happens in one second.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I got the same problem and have had it every single time since the last update, but I'm running cm9.

I would send in a report on fc, but I never have had the chance because fc warning disappears as quickly as it pop up and the whole process from pushing the button-to the browser tries to start but fc and disappears again happens in one second.

Could one of you guys send the log of this event using the "catlog" app on the market. It's a easy to use app. Just hit record in the app, reproduce the FC, go back to the app and send the log directly from the app itself to this email address: ----support at beansoftapps.com------ (without the ----s)

Or post the log here.

Thanks!

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I've got a problem with this fantastic browser. Eg, if i'm in facebook app and i decide to open a link with ics browser plus, it crash! And if then i try to open it again it starts to not open and crashes.

I'm on i9000 with tsunamics

Will look at this. Hope I can reproduce it.

This browser support flash?

Edit: on my i5500 doesn`t support, but i like his design

Just install Adobe Flash from the market .

El Norupz

Jun 28, 2010
Hobro
Could one of you guys send the log of this event using the "catlog" app on the market. It's a easy to use app. Just hit record in the app, reproduce the FC, go back to the app and send the log directly from the app itself to this email address: ----support at beansoftapps.com------ (without the ----s)

Or post the log here.

Thanks!

Log sent by mail c",)

kwhy

Jan 1, 2011
I like ICS Browser+, especially for its ability to make desktop display the permanent default. I do have one request, however. Like the stock ICS browser, it is very difficult to add new bookmarks if the quick controls are enabled. The star at the top left of the screen appears for only a couple of seconds, at most. Please create an easy way to add new bookmarks, preferably from the quick controls. Thanks in advance.

you can modify the quick control dial in the setup configuration in the ICS Browser +. I just added the quick add bookmark star after the regular bookmark icon on the dial.

I almost missed this myself and was considering going back to honeycomb just because of this.

ps: you can also enable the navigation bar to show with quick fling down gesture which would allow you to hit the star.

Last edited:

brantje

Jan 14, 2008
Friendstream.net
Order number: 1398508635352080
Really like your browser.
But you do you hide the tabs when quick controls are enabled?
Can you that an option whether they hidden or not.
Kind regards,
brantje

Last edited:

MaluNoPeleke

Jan 8, 2011
www.peleke.de
Can you please add a setting to store an individual user agent string for specific websites?
That would be very nice because I like to visit some pages in the desktop version and some in the mobile version.

Another feature suggestion: optional - hide tab bar when scrolling and show it again at the top of a page or when you move your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Username and password import from the stock browser would also be very nice ;-)

Last edited:

masterslacker

Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
I've revised the screenshot - hopefully it makes sense.

screenshot.png

I've looked into this "bug", and I think it happened because the app author was trying to reduce the app size. On the market he claims that version 1.2.2 is 30% smaller. But really, how much does 800kb take up?

He took out the "drawable-mdpi" folder from the app resources, which included the images that some tablets use (like the xoom). So, with the folder missing, some devices default to using the "drawable-xhdpi" folder images, which are not the same. Specifically, the "browsertab_add.png" image is very different. In the original files it's the striped parallelogram shape we are used to seeing. In the xhdpi folder it's a solid trapezoid - which "squares off" the browser tabs, as you've circled in your diagram.

So long story short, I believe the "bug" with the browser tab can be fixed by putting those folders back into the app package.

barisko

Jul 21, 2011
two questions:

Nice little tweak: tap on the page icon on the navigation button will get you to the top of the page
I can't seem to find the page icon on the navigation button...??

2. There are yellow arrows displayed when searching using the navigation bar (see screenshot). I clicked them, but they don't seem to do anything special. Where are they suppose to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20120401_121445.jpg
    IMG_20120401_121445.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 420

GuestK00150

Aug 4, 2010
hey!

I really like the browser and your efforts, hope you keep it up!

Can you please let us know what the base browser version is. Perhaps in the changelog. If it is stated somewhere please let me know. I searched the last pages and the OP but couldn`t find anything.

Is the base browser 4.0.4 already?

THANKS

jpdavidson

Dec 26, 2009
Don’t suppose there’s any chance of removing the autocomplete telephone number checking function is there? It may work fine with American telephone numbers, but not everyone live in America!

chaarger

Oct 29, 2011