[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

echo98

Jan 5, 2019
Pulsar has MediaBrowserService. This might be other reasons. Where are your music files store and what format are they?
Don't know if I'm having same issue as other user, but on my new phone with android 10, avrcp browsing works from Google play music but not pulsar. Music stored on internal flash

On my old phone running Android 8, avrcp browsing worked on pulsar.

remez

Jan 6, 2007
Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Pulsar+ v. 1.10.4

I have a directory structure like:
Code:
artist X + artist.jpg
         |
         + "album title" + cover.jpg
                         |
                         + "artist - album title.m3u"
                         |
                         + "0X - song title.mp3"

Is it possible for artists to display the image stored in "artist.jpg" instead of downloading it from the internet?

In "Android Auto", in the "Albums" section, not all albums are displayed but only some "random" ones.
I don't understand how the albums are selected to be displayed.

Also in "Android Auto", is it possible to have a "Artists/Albums" display (possibly in grid mode) like in the App?
That is, by selecting "Artists" the albums of that artist are displayed (possibly in grid mode) and then from there you can choose which one to listen to?
Also in "Android Auto" the album name is not displayed on the playback screen, only the artist name and song title.

Same things happen in Omnia 1.4.4 too

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: bromden

prosto

Nov 6, 2008
US
A question/request for developer:

Could you please add a setting to display albums instead of songs after selecting an artist in the Android Auto version of the app?

Thank you.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
There is a problem with the player. It doesn't see all music files present on SD card, aimp on the other hand does. To bad i paid for this player.

tremalnaik

Jul 30, 2018
I have it installed and it sees all the music on the SD card. It would be helpful, both to other users and the developer, to know which version of Android are you using it, as permissions to access the sd card become trickier and trickier with any Android release.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
It's Android 10 on redmi 7A. All necessary permissions were granted.
Aimp sees 1917 files, pulsar 1896. It is even better since some files were reencoded, before over 200 were invisible for some reason.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
No. I don't see any pattern. I have mp3, m4a, acc, and ogg files only and those are supported as far as i know. 200 missing files before were mp3 do it's strange behavior from player.

gquiring

Nov 19, 2012
Summerville
Have there been any issues with Pulsar preventing the lock screen from turning off? I have a Pixel 4a, Android 11 and ever since installing this app my lock screen will not turn off all the time.

bartito

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2005
Hello
When I check to automatic playback on Bluetooth connection the checkbox to do not automatic playback when connected to a car becomes disabled.
This checkbox only becomes enabled when automatic reproduction on Bluetooth connection is disabled.
I think this is a error.

geertbro

Dec 20, 2010
hi, using Pulsar+ Pro 1.10.5 (Samsung S10 with new UI 3.0),
and 'suddenly' I cannot exclude folders anymore on my SDcard. It's not even visible to select in "Exclude folder", it used to be. SDcard is still accessible, but all other apps.
Tried re-install, clear data : no joy. help is much appreciated :)

phlogotheel

Dec 26, 2017
Near Sumelocenna
Would be great to have forced file name list mode. That seems not to work all the time. Pulsar + is listing the mp3 tag entry instead.
BR Phlogotheel
Beeing more precisely: forced listing of the real filename of the mp3s. Pulsar is showing the name from the mp3 tag if one exists if you select listing by filename. So it lists by filename but does not show the real naming. BR

phlogotheel

Dec 26, 2017
Near Sumelocenna
Found the play length of the mp3 files are not right. I learned the length is calculated from files size and bit rate and for this with vbr never very accurate. How much effort would it mean to add a kind of pre scanning or pre calculation of the actual play length of the files in pulsar + and put them into a DB later?
I am listening often to audio books (vbr encoded) rather than music. Right now it is completely by chance to hop to a certain position in a chapter. And I have no feeling when a chapter is over. Also if I want to repeat a passage it is pure guess work. Thank you for help here
BR

Brad-M

Aug 27, 2016
I just switched to a new phone (S21) and suddenly Pulsar is loading on each boot and for the life of me I can't figure out why it's doing this or how to stop it. Below is a screenshot right after it starts up when I pull down the notifications.
Screenshot_20210215-065303_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks!

minimaster4734

Sep 17, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Not sure if I need to post anything with this, but I have a bug to report. It's not hard to reproduce. Whenever a track has the year 0, 00, 000, 0000, etc. on it's id3 tag, it doesn't show on the playlist anymore. Changing the year back to another year, makes it show up and play normally. I don't know if it's a known bug, but I hope it can be fixed.