[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

echo98

Jan 5, 2019
Pulsar has MediaBrowserService. This might be other reasons. Where are your music files store and what format are they?

Don't know if I'm having same issue as other user, but on my new phone with android 10, avrcp browsing works from Google play music but not pulsar. Music stored on internal flash

On my old phone running Android 8, avrcp browsing worked on pulsar.

remez

Jan 6, 2007
Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Pulsar+ v. 1.10.4

I have a directory structure like:
Code:
artist X + artist.jpg
         |
         + "album title" + cover.jpg
                         |
                         + "artist - album title.m3u"
                         |
                         + "0X - song title.mp3"

Is it possible for artists to display the image stored in "artist.jpg" instead of downloading it from the internet?

In "Android Auto", in the "Albums" section, not all albums are displayed but only some "random" ones.
I don't understand how the albums are selected to be displayed.

Also in "Android Auto", is it possible to have a "Artists/Albums" display (possibly in grid mode) like in the App?
That is, by selecting "Artists" the albums of that artist are displayed (possibly in grid mode) and then from there you can choose which one to listen to?
Also in "Android Auto" the album name is not displayed on the playback screen, only the artist name and song title.

Same things happen in Omnia 1.4.4 too

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: bromden

prosto

Nov 6, 2008
US
A question/request for developer:

Could you please add a setting to display albums instead of songs after selecting an artist in the Android Auto version of the app?

Thank you.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
There is a problem with the player. It doesn't see all music files present on SD card, aimp on the other hand does. To bad i paid for this player.

tremalnaik

Jul 30, 2018
I have it installed and it sees all the music on the SD card. It would be helpful, both to other users and the developer, to know which version of Android are you using it, as permissions to access the sd card become trickier and trickier with any Android release.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
It's Android 10 on redmi 7A. All necessary permissions were granted.
Aimp sees 1917 files, pulsar 1896. It is even better since some files were reencoded, before over 200 were invisible for some reason.

floyyt

Jan 8, 2012
No. I don't see any pattern. I have mp3, m4a, acc, and ogg files only and those are supported as far as i know. 200 missing files before were mp3 do it's strange behavior from player.

Jan 13, 2018
Been having this issue for some time whenever I try to adjust playspeed/pitch. Does nothing and throws me this error. Running on android 6.0, LG G4.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-01-21-11-50-26.png
    Capture+_2021-01-21-11-50-26.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 8

bartito

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2005
Hello
When I check to automatic playback on Bluetooth connection the checkbox to do not automatic playback when connected to a car becomes disabled.
This checkbox only becomes enabled when automatic reproduction on Bluetooth connection is disabled.
I think this is a error.

geertbro

Dec 20, 2010
hi, using Pulsar+ Pro 1.10.5 (Samsung S10 with new UI 3.0),
and 'suddenly' I cannot exclude folders anymore on my SDcard. It's not even visible to select in "Exclude folder", it used to be. SDcard is still accessible, but all other apps.
Tried re-install, clear data : no joy. help is much appreciated :)

phlogotheel

Dec 26, 2017
Near Sumelocenna
Would be great to have forced file name list mode. That seems not to work all the time. Pulsar + is listing the mp3 tag entry instead.
BR Phlogotheel
Beeing more precisely: forced listing of the real filename of the mp3s. Pulsar is showing the name from the mp3 tag if one exists if you select listing by filename. So it lists by filename but does not show the real naming. BR

phlogotheel

Dec 26, 2017
Near Sumelocenna
Found the play length of the mp3 files are not right. I learned the length is calculated from files size and bit rate and for this with vbr never very accurate. How much effort would it mean to add a kind of pre scanning or pre calculation of the actual play length of the files in pulsar + and put them into a DB later?
I am listening often to audio books (vbr encoded) rather than music. Right now it is completely by chance to hop to a certain position in a chapter. And I have no feeling when a chapter is over. Also if I want to repeat a passage it is pure guess work. Thank you for help here
BR

Brad-M

Aug 27, 2016
I just switched to a new phone (S21) and suddenly Pulsar is loading on each boot and for the life of me I can't figure out why it's doing this or how to stop it. Below is a screenshot right after it starts up when I pull down the notifications.
Screenshot_20210215-065303_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks!

minimaster4734

Sep 17, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Not sure if I need to post anything with this, but I have a bug to report. It's not hard to reproduce. Whenever a track has the year 0, 00, 000, 0000, etc. on it's id3 tag, it doesn't show on the playlist anymore. Changing the year back to another year, makes it show up and play normally. I don't know if it's a known bug, but I hope it can be fixed.

jpage4500

Sep 4, 2013
This will be fixed in next release.

Can someone let me know how to use Google Assistant (voice) with Pulsar? I've tried everything I can think of.. "OK Google, play prince on pulsar".. "OK Google, tell Pulsar to play prince", etc.. nothing works. They all open YT Music. So, I uninstalled YT Music and now these commands open up the YT app... argh.. I am not able to uninstall YT app on my S20 device (preinstalled).

I really like Pulsar.. I've been searching for a better app after losing Google Play Music and the #1 thing right now I want is to play a playlist via voice.. I'm in the car so voice playback is almost necessary to me.

If there's a work-around or a hack (Tasker) please let me know!

thanks
joe

jpage4500

Sep 4, 2013
Can someone let me know how to use Google Assistant (voice) with Pulsar? I've tried everything I can think of.. "OK Google, play prince on pulsar".. "OK Google, tell Pulsar to play prince", etc.. nothing works. They all open YT Music. So, I uninstalled YT Music and now these commands open up the YT app... argh.. I am not able to uninstall YT app on my S20 device (preinstalled).

Right after I posted this I disabled the Youtube app on my device and tried again.. this time Google prompted me which music app to use.. voila! What a major PITA but I'm happy voice commands are now being sent to Pulsar and hope this post can help anyone else who's in a similar state.

I do have a question/note -- trying to play a playlist by voice only seems to work if there's not a song that has the same name.. for example I have a "Kids" playlist and everytime I try to "play kids playlist" I get a song called "Kids <something" and not the playlist. I'll try renaming the playlist but it'd be awesome if including "playlist" in the voice search would be picked up somehow.. oh well, happy to at least remove YT app from voice control

• Love
Reactions: Exorcist74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to [email protected]. Thanks!
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone