[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

mgbranton

Mar 9, 2021
There is a problem with the player. It doesn't see all music files present on SD card, aimp on the other hand does. To bad i paid for this player.
i have this same problem with pulsar not seeing all the files on an sdcard. i'm running it on the atoto S8 headunit, which uses android 8. for example, it sees only 9 of 12 flac files in that are in a particular album.

siiiiiiiiiiam

Mar 25, 2021
first. i wanna say thanks about this amazing and looking nice app. but i got a little problem since i changed my phone. my phone's model is 'LG Velvet', this application can't arrange album properly in this model, i want to sort album as 'release date' but now this app sort just random even i set the order to 'release date'. i know you are busy, but i wish your feedback

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-064907~2.png
    Screenshot_20210326-064907~2.png
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210326-064859~2.png
    Screenshot_20210326-064859~2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210326-064915~2.png
    Screenshot_20210326-064915~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Alexanaxela

Mar 26, 2021
I've really enjoyed using Pulsar for the last year or so. No real complains but i do have a suggestion that i think would be pretty useful that you can't really find in other music players: the ability to play/select music by year. Like the ability to select a genre and then select a specific year within that genre to play

22c

Mar 28, 2021
Feature Suggestion

Please modify (enhance) the Exclude Folder setting to include both areas of Android external storage when the SD card is present. The two Android external storage areas are internal memory and the SD card. Also, for semantic reasons, please rename the setting to Exclude Folder List, which would be the set of folders (plural) to exclude. Thank you for your consideration and your development effort. The use of material design in your development show well.

Historically, I have used pi Music Player for a few years but I never felt it was progressing in the right direction. I discovered your app a few days ago. it is now my music player of choice for a library of 25,000+ mp3 tracks, which reside on a 200GB SD card.

One final note, I use Android Studio (Java) for a mobile app called Day Shifter (non-published) that I developed. I know that I am 'arriving late to the party' but should you need an additional volunteer for testing purposes, I wish to be considered.

Thanks,
Lawrence

Takumori

Mar 31, 2021
Purchased Pulsar+ recently, really liking it so far. Most of the app is amazing! However I have a few small complaints and suggestions. First of which is a nitpick, the customiser for the theme is almost perfect; except it doesn't allow me to edit the highlighting colour when copying text and it stays the same as the default colours in the theme. Again that is only a small complaint.

Here is one of my main suggestions though, unlike other music apps, such as Musicolet. Pulsar+ has subpar widgets and notification bar widgets. I feel using the same widget for the notification bar, home screen and lockscreens is a wasted opportunity. The widget also lacks the 'favourite/heart' button or the option to add such a button to the widget. So for example I have to unlock for my phone and go into the app to favourite a currently playing song. Whilst if you added a favourite button on the widget or gave us the option, it would be much quicker. Especially doing so from the lockscreen!

Another suggestion is to provide us more than one type of widget perhaps you could also have the widget you currently have. Then also a widget that also shows the next 4-5 songs upcoming in the queue. And also perhaps this could be on the lockscreen and also with an option to add on the home screen. I feel the notification bar widget is fine but with the addition of a favourite button of course!

Anyways thank you for reading my feedback I hope it inspires you in someway! Like I said in the beginning I really love this app and you deserve every penny I gave you. Thanks for making a great product and I hope to see it constantly improving as it has been.

Mega_Absol_359

Apr 7, 2021
I have Pulsar+ on my Xiaomi Mi 11 and when I'm not in the app and have it running in the background, the notification panel control doesn't work. On the lock screen or from swipe down doesn't have to option to switch between songs or pause and play. I cleared the app data once to see if it fixed it an it did, but went back to that issue a few hours later.

I'm also running xiaomi.eu 12.5.1 if that helps.
Screenshot_2021-04-07-11-24-16-680_com.miui.home.jpg
Screenshot_2021-04-07-11-24-35-378_com.android.settings.jpg

calli

Sep 29, 2004
Bedfordview
Congratulations on a brilliant app which I’ve been using for three years now.

So impressed with it, that I now have my whole family hooked onto it.
Pulsar is set as our default app on our OnePlus 6 Android and Samsung phones.

Is there perhaps a way to set Pulsar to also be the default music player for OneDrive on Android?

I noticed that playing any item in OneDrive automatically uses Google Music – now YouTube Music which I would prefer not to use at all.

I would have thought that setting Pulsar to be the default music player would cover OneDrive on the Phone as well.

Maybe I’m not seeing a setting?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

c627627

Sep 13, 2011
Purchased Pulsar+, still the best music player on Android.
The program may need a better way to scan for changed content inside a music folder. This bug is hard to replicate but I paused a song, then cable connected Android phone to PC then made slight changes to contents of the folder currently paused, and this really confused it as far as, what the contents of the folder really are currently. So some sort of a better REFRESH feature is needed, to scan for changes of folder content since existing feature to 'Rescan Library' does not accomplish this.

Also a new feature request, if it is realistic:
Crossover feature is wonderful, but some songs are not meant to be crossed into, is there any way to have a feature to disable crossing over into *individual* songs, so the program still does cross over *except* for flagged files which would not cross over after the end of a previous song?

lefantome

May 2, 2012
Hi, the app is great and I bought the Plus version, just one thing missing: a button to immediately resume playing the current queue when resuming the app.

Keep the audio controls at the bottom all the times please.

longhair_music

Apr 25, 2021
Hallo, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post!

I just started using the app a couple of days ago. It has many nice features and the small file size of the app is an appealing aspect.
I like the tag support in Pulsar as I have a large collection of flac files with tags. Would it be possible to add support for the "conductor" tag as well? This is very useful for some classical music, choral music, and some jazz such as jazz orchestras and Big Bands. For mp3 files this might be not very well supported, but for flac and other formats it's just a simple metadata text pair like all the other tags. For example, "CONDUCTOR=Lenny Bernstein" (or whatever!).

A useful and fairly well-known guide for flac & co. tags can be found here:
https://www.legroom.net/2009/05/09/ogg-vorbis-and-flac-comment-field-recommendations

c627627

Sep 13, 2011
Hello,

In the folder fragment, you can change view mode from toolbar, change from standard to hierarchy. It will distinguish folders from TEST1 and TEST2.
I don't think this resolves the problem and it can be replicated.

This is what Pulsar does *after* you change view mode from toolbar from standard to hierarchy:
It lines up:
song 01 from subfolder TEST1 and after that
song 01 from subfolder TEST2

It should not do that. It should line up ALL the songs from subfolder TEST1 first.

In other words, when you play a TEST folder which has two subfolders TEST1 and TEST2, then ALL the songs from subfolder TEST1 should play first, and only then all the songs from subfolder TEST2 second.

More of the same explanation for test purposes, because this is a big deal:

1. Folder TEST has subfolders, let's call them TEST1 and TEST2 and TEST3

2. NOW play folder TEST, or add folder TEST to que, what happens?

You will see that Pulsar did not add ALL contents of subfolder TEST1 first. It should. Hierarchy setting does not address this. Please fix.

whipping

Sep 23, 2010
Hello, I would like to use this app, but there is one problem that keeps me from using it.
In android auto, when I select the artist, it goes to the songs menu, not to the albums menu.
I have artists with hundreds of songs and I would like to listen only to one album.
Can you please fix this?

Chmis

Dec 25, 2013
After I removed last song on playlist, that playlist disappeared. Now when I try to create a new playlist with same name, an error appears: "Playlist creation failed. Try another name.". It looks like the playlist without songs still exists somewhere, just cannot be accessed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to [email protected]. Thanks!
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone