[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Does not appear on the lock screen. Is it a problem with the firmware or the player?

Which device are you using? Pulsar does not contain lock screen widget, it use the android default ones. Normally pure android system can support lock screen widget without a problem, but as I know that maybe Huawei devices which has their own implementation of lock screen, does not work.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
I'm still getting this error. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Could you open this music from Pulsar, instead of some file management apps? As I know that some file manager provide a content URI for the file but 3rd party apps do not have enough permission to read them, but Google Play Music as factory apps has this permission.

Yithian

Apr 17, 2018
Could you open this music from Pulsar, instead of some file management apps? As I know that some file manager provide a content URI for the file but 3rd party apps do not have enough permission to read them, but Google Play Music as factory apps has this permission.

I can't open these tracks in Pulsar. When I try, I get the error I quoted in my original post. I hadn't tried opening the tracks in a file browser before. The Amaze file browser app doesn't play them now that I've tried; it asks if I want to open them with Pulsar or Google Play Music.

CptTobi

Apr 11, 2018
I'd love to have a quick way to change equalizer profiles from the Now Playing screen. Is that already possible, and if not, what are the chances of it being added?

(I bought the + version of course, otherwise there'd be no equalizer ;) )

osahitzelgsngar

Aug 7, 2010
Crossfade option is very impressive, but it'd be awesome to also add crossfade options for manual track change and on zap inside track

keep up the great work dude

Spider1996

Dec 24, 2011
Anyone got a solution to force enable Viper4Android on pulsar? This Player looks awesome but the Equalizer and Sound is crap... There is no use for me without that.... :(

Maybe the Dev rhmsoft could add a "use MusicFX/System Equalizer" Option in Settings?

Last edited:

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
Anyone got a solution to force enable Viper4Android on pulsar? This Player looks awesome but the Equalizer and Sound is crap... There is no use for me without that.... :(

Maybe the Dev rhmsoft could add a "use MusicFX/System Equalizer" Option in Settings?
You could also simply adjust the equalizer in the V4A app and leave the Pulsar equalizer turned off?

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
Its not possible to activate it. There is no option in Pulsar to use v4a. It simply ignores v4a so I could adjust 1 hour and nothing changes...
I know it's not available. Just open the V4A app itself using your launcher - or however you are able to open it - adjust the settings to your liking and play your music using the Pulsar app while leaving the Pulsar built-in EQ turned off.

I know you are only asking for a "shortcut" to the V4A app, but at the time, this is not implemented.

Edit: be aware that if you do not hear any difference, V4A might not be correctly installed or that the SystemEQ still is enabled!

Last edited:

Spider1996

Dec 24, 2011
My problem is that it works with any other Music Player like Poweramp or Musicolet. I don't need a shortcut. All the other players got a option to enable System Equalizer. Pulsar not

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
My problem is that it works with any other Music Player like Poweramp or Musicolet. I don't need a shortcut. All the other players got a option to enable System Equalizer. Pulsar not
If you turn off the Pulsar equalizer it will use the system equalizer. I use V4A with Pulsar with no issues.

[email protected]

Oct 6, 2017
Bass Booster

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 I can not write bad about it. Just so on
Developers! ?? Note: Bass Boost turns off all
even though the equalizer is switched on. The
the equalizer will work again when it is switched on. If this is improved,
then super.?

simoneske

May 27, 2018
Playlists not working

Hi, I've loved Pulsar+ until now but suddenly my playlists are not working. Instead of playing sequentially, the first sing I select repeats itself again and again. Please let me know how to fix this so I don't have to find another player. Thank you.

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
Hi, I've loved Pulsar+ until now but suddenly my playlists are not working. Instead of playing sequentially, the first sing I select repeats itself again and again. Please let me know how to fix this so I don't have to find another player. Thank you.
Are you sure that you haven't accidentally turned on "repeat"?

KNGPN Q w Q

Apr 23, 2016
No I'm not sure. Maybe you could tell me how tf I turn off repeat?

Clearly I tried everything before I bothered to get onto this forum!!!???

Try clicking the icon encircled in black (first image), until you either see a toast message saying "Repeat all songs" (for the icon, see second image) or "Repeat off" (for the icon, see third image). If you are seeing the message "Repeat this song", then repeat is on (for the icon, see fourth image).
Please, check the attachments for screenshots of the corresponding icons.

I hope this helps you out, have a nice day!
Pinnie

Attachments

• Icon.jpg
    Icon.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

simoneske

May 27, 2018
Try clicking the icon encircled in black (first image), until you either see a toast message saying "Repeat all songs" (for the icon, see second image) or "Repeat off" (for the icon, see third image). If you are seeing the message "Repeat this song", then repeat is on (for the icon, see fourth image).
Please, check the attachments for screenshots of the corresponding icons.

I hope this helps you out, have a nice day!
Pinnie

Thanks so much Pinnies. I appreciate your help!

Reactions: KNGPN Q w Q

l33twannabe

Nov 16, 2014
Hello. First of all, I'm really loving Pulsar+ ! However, there are some things I cannot figure out or perhaps the player lacks some funcionality. Anyway, any kind of help would be appreciated.

I keep my music in 3 separate folders: Albums, Singles and Others. Unfortunately, Pulsar+ adds everything to one bag and it's kind of messy. Would it be possible to import folders/files from Albums folder to Albums section and also have all the files from Singles folder in some separate section or something ? The app just puts everything in Albums sections although it creates separate folders for Singles and Others inside. It would be really cool if I could just create my own sections (and even name them) and link them to the selected folder. I know it's not possible for now, but perhaps there's some workaround or something ?

Also, is it possible to hide/remove something from the library without removing it from the device ? For instance: press and hold on the selected album/folder/song and then choose hide from the menu or something like that. I know there's a feature which allows to exclude a folder, but what if I don't want to have it just in 'albums' section, but I still want to access it via 'folders' section ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: [email protected].
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to [email protected]. Thanks!
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone