[App][4.0+] MK Explorer - simple file manager

Search This thread

kormateusz

Oct 16, 2010
Cracow
Hi! I would like to introduce my simple file manager - MK Explorer. It's not new but it's not too very popular.

Main features:
✓ Material Design
✓ Of course: delete, copy, paste, and move
✓ Two windows (panels) to view files
✓ Shortcuts on the desktop directly from the main application
✓ Keyboard Shortcuts
✓ Search engine for files
✓ Thumbnails of images, videos and APK files
✓ Extracting ZIP and RAR archives
✓ Compression to ZIP
✓ Built-in gallery
✓ Root access
✓ Lollipop SD Card support
✓ Adapted to smartphones, tablets 7 and 10 inch
✓ Built-in simple text editor (Beta)
✓ Translation: English, Polish, French, Dutch, Russian, Greek, German, Italian, Romanian, Turkish, Indonesian, Serbian, Bengali, Spanish

Planned features:
✓ RAR Viewer
✓ Cloud etc. support

Download:
Google Play
View attachment MKexplorer_2.4.0.apk

Screenshot_2015-04-01-17-32-25_framed.jpg Screenshot_2015-04-02-11-25-23_framed.jpg
device-2015-10-02-185912.jpg device-2015-10-02-185603.jpg
device-2015-10-02-194844.jpg device-2015-10-02-200208.png

Last edited:

Aaron78

Apr 12, 2008
Toledo, OH
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Looks good but I can't see my external sd card. Only shows internal storage.

EDIT: I can see it but shouldn't show up on the main screen when the app loads? I had to search for it.

To have a good thing here but needs some improvements.

Last edited:

Spaceblow

Oct 22, 2014
Could I perhaps translate this in Dutch? I like it when my phone is in one language only and I would like to contribute to this. :) I've sent you an email!

motoX2ndGener

Dec 27, 2014
how can I add the ram usage like in the picture?

I nstalled on my 2nd gen motox pure and cannot see ram usage like in your picture. How can I add ram usage and view along with sddrive?

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Really liking it so far; fairs quite well against ES (at least for my uses).

On an unrelated note, how did you generate the screenshots/mockups in your OP? I've been looking for one that functions similarly with high quality device templates for a while.

Thanks for your time.

Sas0ri

Sep 22, 2013
Hi, this app looks great, I´ll definitely give it a try!
However, I can´t activate the dark theme.. When checking the box in the settings, all the menus created from 3-dot-menubuttons are dark, but the app itself still has a white background.
I´m using a GPE Moto G (2013) running the official Lollipop 5.0.1 if that helps.

iliass01

Feb 19, 2014
Nice app! Really like the fact that it has material design!

Last edited:

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Nice work. UI is simple and efficient. I like it.

Good replacement for Astro on my smartphone.

Sylvain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! I would like to introduce my simple file manager - MK Explorer. It's not new but it's not too very popular.

Main features:
    ✓ Material Design
    ✓ Of course: delete, copy, paste, and move
    ✓ Two windows (panels) to view files
    ✓ Shortcuts on the desktop directly from the main application
    ✓ Keyboard Shortcuts
    ✓ Search engine for files
    ✓ Thumbnails of images, videos and APK files
    ✓ Extracting ZIP and RAR archives
    ✓ Compression to ZIP
    ✓ Built-in gallery
    ✓ Root access
    ✓ Lollipop SD Card support
    ✓ Adapted to smartphones, tablets 7 and 10 inch
    ✓ Built-in simple text editor (Beta)
    ✓ Translation: English, Polish, French, Dutch, Russian, Greek, German, Italian, Romanian, Turkish, Indonesian, Serbian, Bengali, Spanish

Planned features:
    ✓ RAR Viewer
    ✓ Cloud etc. support

Download:
    Google Play
    View attachment MKexplorer_2.4.0.apk

Screenshot_2015-04-01-17-32-25_framed.jpg Screenshot_2015-04-02-11-25-23_framed.jpg
    device-2015-10-02-185912.jpg device-2015-10-02-185603.jpg
    device-2015-10-02-194844.jpg device-2015-10-02-200208.png
    Hi, I'm working on the new version :) I have added a link to new beta in the first post.

Changes:
    Lollipop SD Card support. To get access you have to choose an option "Grant access" from 3-dots action bar menu and follow steps from a dialog.
    What doesn't work: sometimes moving files between folders on the SD Card and sometimes extracting ZIP and RAR.
    ✓ Removed an option to set status bar color, I had to do that because of some reasons. Now, it's automatically darker than action bar and it's simillar on kitkat and lollipop.
    ✓ Added an image on bookmarks list.
    ✓ Added an option to extract archives wherever you want.
    ✓ Improved FABs behaviors
    ✓ Improved searching in hidden folders.
    ✓ Added an option to hide files and folders.
    ✓ By default smartphones have narrow action bar.
    I have added a link to new beta version :) Now, scrolling path works better but still not as I want.

aditya.jazzmaster Clouds etc will take more time but if about the smaller top bar I will add it in the new version (now you can test it in beta) :)

luis1959 Does it occur in other managers, too?

deejayburnout Could you send me "proc/mounts" file and give me a full path to this sd card?

Is anybody here who use new beta 2 version on tablet? I wonder how it looks in horizontal orientation because I have moved bookmarks drawers over the status bar and I don't have a tablet running kitkat or lollipop and an emulator doesn't want to work on my computer. Can someone make me a screenshot?
    Would really love to have zip and rar support to + build in simple text editor. Don't need nothing more from a file manger, still this one is the best, works fine and detects automatic when you put an usb otg disk ^^.

Build in text editor is comming in the next version. It isn't (officialy) released yet
    Firstly I would like to thank Badlorg and Spaceblow for Greek and Dutch translations :)

eagleeyetom thank you very much for an article it helped me a lot :)

motoX2ndGener What's happening exactly? Are the bars empty? Don't they show usage? Could you give any screenshot to show how it looks?

Rickav Try developer.android.com/distribute/tools/promote/device-art.html :)

VictorLapin, (un)fortunately I already have Russian translation. Thanks for the offer :)

xda_Noob. I've just got an e-mail about helping with german translation and I answered it but still didn't receive reply, so if it wasn't e-mail from you, I'll ask for your help :)

Sas0ri this option only changes the main theme of the application. To change the color of the list you have to do this manually using the other options of customization :)

juancollado2003 and RendyAK, it would be very nice! :) Please contact me via email: [email protected]