• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.0+] NoRoot Data Firewall - Manager your mobile/WIFI data on NoRoot device

Search This thread

Yokotaashi

Aug 17, 2012
I can confirm this problem on my sprint S6. No connectivity while the app is running. After a day however, my phone started crashing entirely when trying to connect to the wifi, so I uninstalled the app. The problem persists even after uninstalling the app, though when it does connect, it works again, then crashes and sometimes goes into boot loop. I am going to have to flash my ROM again and probably lose data.

foolish work

Jul 9, 2018
domain filter doesn't work

nice app! but one problem
: domain filter doesn't work

i followed this #222, but it makes nothing
there's no change

furthermore i added all google domain which i found, i can still access all google services

It is. But the developer keep it secret.
But it is easy to do.

1. Download one of hosts files below.
AdAway Blocks mobile advertising and analytics networks.
Dan Pollock's Hosts Blocks spyware, pop-ups, trackers, exploits, and advertisements.
HostsFile.org Hosts Blocks advertisements, trackers, gambling, and adult websites.
hpHosts Includes hpHosts Exploits, hpHosts Hijacking, hpHosts Malware, and hpHosts Phishing. Blocks advertisements, trackers, and malware.
hpHosts ad and tracking Blocks advertisements and trackers.

2. Rename downloaded file to: domains.csv
3. Move/Copy domains.csv to folder /sdcard/firewall or /storage/emulated/0/firewall
4. Open NoRoot Data Firewall app. Tap 3 white dots in top right corner, then tap Backup/Restore, then tap Restore.

Done.

atraxi

Dec 4, 2018
Where can i find the lates official version of noroot data firewall?

Hello
Where can i find the lates official version of noroot data firewall?

Tank you

Android 10 user

Nov 16, 2020
Hello what happend to the no root firewall app development? i have a problem on samsumg android 10 one ui 2.0 that the app blocks my internet when i allow internet acess to every app please help.

smilem21

Jul 21, 2021
Does not work correctly, with everything blocked I can open Google Play and search for apps.

With everything allowed the WebApps browser does not work, see error attached. How to resolve this? Phone CAT62S Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-215916[1].png
    Screenshot_20210724-215916[1].png
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210724-215931[1].png
    Screenshot_20210724-215931[1].png
    196.7 KB · Views: 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    I have just launched a "NoRoot Data Firewall" app in GooglePlay recently.

It has the following features:
    * NO ROOT REQUIRED FIREWALL.
    * Control the access permission for each app to access internet with mobile network and WIFI.
    * Support to only blocking background data and let foreground data go.
    * Record, analyze and sort the data usage for each app.
    * Analyze the accessed websites for each app.
    * Startup automatically.
    * Capture packets(Sniffer).
    * Manage app permissions for 4.3, 4.4 devices.
    The google play app is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jianjia.firewall
    Hope you like it.

Many thanks for xda member @revoluazul and @Ragga Muffin translating into Spanish, @hevesi_j translating into Hungarian, @gaich translating into Russian, @Helluuu translating into Swedish, @Ledare translating into Indonesian, @EslamA7med translating into Arabic, @profprof translating into Turkish, @MinedSafe translating into Polish.
    Welcome to translation at http://www.getlocalization.com/norootdatafirewall/.
    Thanks.
    2.9.2 is launched with features
    Use the different language in the app from the system language. @EslamA7med.
    Sort the app in firewall tab with multiple criteria.
    Fix network unstable bugs in some apps.
    Fix mobile only mode not stable issue.
    Just launch a new version with some bugs fixed.
    Please take a look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jianjia.firewall.
    Thanks.

Hi guys,
    I have just launched a "NoRoot Data Firewall" app in GooglePlay recently.

It has the following features:
    * NO ROOT REQUIRED FIREWALL.
    * Control the access permission for each app to access internet with mobile network and WIFI.
    * Support to only blocking background data and let foreground data go.
    * Record, analyze and sort the data usage for each app.
    * Analyze the accessed websites for each app.
    * Startup automatically.
    * Capture packets(Sniffer).
    * Manage app permissions for 4.3, 4.4 devices.
    The google play app is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jianjia.firewall
    Hope you like it.
    Maybe a little.
    This app works as a proxy(like all the android VPN app) locally. All the traffic is trough this app.
    But the price should be very little. Compared to the network, the cpu is much faster.
    In my testing, I cannot feel the transmission speed difference after using it.

For most VPN app, they add a VPN protocol header to the real network data. So the data sent by these VPN app is larger the original packets. But for this app, the data on network is same as original one. Also, the app doesn't have a remote server. So I think at least, it should be faster than the common VPN app.

Will this slow in any way the connection of WiFi and mobile data?
    2.6.1 is launched with the features.
    * Add German support.
    * Support to control android os's data usage.
    * Bug fix.

Please try it from googleplay or from the thread's attachment.
    Thanks.