• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.0+][Open Source]BeHe ExploreR - web browser

Where do you want tabs to be located?

• In the navigation drawer

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Above the action bar (like Chrome for desktop)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Vlath

Jul 22, 2015
Hello again folks ;)

Do you have any suggestions for BeHe ExploreR? Feel fre to PM me or leave a reply on this thread.

I love hearing from you ;)

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Great Browser experience so far. Been looking for something sleek and simple like BeHe ExploreR.

Some ideas came across after using the app for a while that might be possible to implement in future releases.

- Better bookmark management like editing of bookmark name and url
- Switch between grid view and list view of bookmarks.
- Automatic and manual sort of bookmarks
- Bookmark names are shorten to early, same for the url.
You can't distinguish different bookmarks of the same domain because of it and editing isn't possible afterwards
- WebDAV support to backup/sync bookmarks
- Buttons/switch to enable/disable image loading in the side menu (if reception is bad or website is overloaded with uncompressed images.)
Maybe make the side menu customizable so users can have their often needed settings in the side menu like location, images, java script, cookies, etc.
- Search engine customization. Add search engines and be able to edit url of added search engines.

Do you have still have promo codes available? Already rated and reviewed BeHe ExploreR on the Play Store anyway.

Vlath

Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for sharing your toughts with me :) Your ideas are very good and I'm looking forward to implement some of them very soon.

I'll send you a promo code as fast as I can, just keep an eye on your PM's.

Again, I want to give thanks to all the people who helped me with the development of BeHe, either ideas, coding or graphic design ( supergrobi94, your icons and graphics rock :) ). Thank you all! BeHe wouldn't be here without you! :)

bdtoole

Oct 30, 2016
Out of curiosity, what is the origin of the name of the app? Also, if you still have promo codes floating around, I'd be interested in one! If not, no worries!

Vlath

Jul 22, 2015
Out of curiosity, what is the origin of the name of the app? Also, if you still have promo codes floating around, I'd be interested in one! If not, no worries!

Well, the origin of this browser's name it's pretty hilarious, maybe even stupid for some people. When I started developing this I was just in my 7'th grade (13 years old). Me and my classmates were making some jokes about app names and the "Behe" name came into the discussion. In my language (romanian), "behe" represents the sound that a sheep makes (I know, it's pretty strange). Right after this I started to think about this and I tought: "well, it sounds pretty good in english, I should make an app called like that. If android versions are named after desserts, what's the problem if I use 'behe' for an app name?". And that was it, although I could rename the app, I prefered to keep the original name. The app's name does not refer to Michael Behe at all, as some may think. This was a bit off-topic, now on-topic: yes, I have 5 promo codes still available, I will PM you one as soon as I can.

bdtoole

Oct 30, 2016
That's the nice thing about being the developer. You can name it whatever you want! The only suggestion I'd make about the name is to possibly call it BeHe Browser instead, as the typical naming convention for web browsers is to use Browser, while fine managers such as Amaze or Solid often use Explorer, and that could cut down on some confusion there.

Well, the origin of this browser's name it's pretty hilarious, maybe even stupid for some people. When I started developing this I was just in my 7'th grade (13 years old). Me and my classmates were making some jokes about app names and the "Behe" name came into the discussion. In my language (romanian), "behe" represents the sound that a sheep makes (I know, it's pretty strange). Right after this I started to think about this and I tought: "well, it sounds pretty good in english, I should make an app called like that. If android versions are named after desserts, what's the problem if I use 'behe' for an app name?". And that was it, although I could rename the app, I prefered to keep the original name. The app's name does not refer to Michael Behe at all, as some may think. This was a bit off-topic, now on-topic: yes, I have 5 promo codes still available, I will PM you one as soon as I can.

Reactions: Kelvino9

alreadyregistered

Jan 17, 2016
Hello
I've stared using that browser and I find it really nice.:)
If i can suggest something.
'bottom drawer' - tabs from bottom
A little bit smaller top bar - it's huge even on lower dpi.
:)

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

After selecting tab it would be nice if no needing to tap again to hide tab card.

Reactions: Vlath

Vlath

Jul 22, 2015
Hello
I've stared using that browser and I find it really nice.:)
If i can suggest something.
'bottom drawer' - tabs from bottom
A little bit smaller top bar - it's huge even on lower dpi.
:)

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

After selecting tab it would be nice if no needing to tap again to hide tab card.
Thank you for getting involved! BeHe will be updated soon, I'm working a bit on the design part, but also want to finish my Keyboard app (BeHe Keyboard). About the top bar, it uses android's default top bar size, but I'll add an option in settings to make it smaller, and also a full screen mode (without the top bar). Also, I'll add the option to open a link in new tab. Been pretty busy with working on my other app, but I'll update BeHe soon.

Regards,
Vlad

Reactions: alreadyregistered

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA!
    I'm Vlad, a 15 year old developer from Romania, and I want to present you a new browser for Android: BeHe ExploreR.
    BeHe ExploreR is made to be lightweight,easy to use and customizable.It is based on the standard android WebView,to keep it small and simple.
    Main features:
    - Lightweight
    - Easy to use
    - Modern UI