- Jul 5, 2012
Too loud? Not loud enough? Never again will this be a problem!
Precise Volume overrides Android's default number of volume steps, (15 on most devices) giving you up to 100 different volumes. Other apps simply give the illusion of having more volume steps. Precise Volume hooks into your device's audio system to give you more volume options!
I created Precise Volume because I felt that Android was seriously lacking in the volume steps department. As someone who uses several different pairs of headphones on a daily basis, (in-ears for work when I don’t want to disturb anyone, and large open-backed headphones for enjoyment at home) I found it really irritating not being able to get the same volume level between my different pairs of headphones. It just simply wasn’t possible.
Gain More Precise Volume Control
- Override Android’s 15 volume steps, giving you much more fine control over your volume. (Up to 1,000,000 steps with PRO!)
- Includes lots of customizable settings for many different app features.
- Create special presets for use with certain headphones, speakers, apps, etc.
- Limit volume while using headphones.
- Adjust sound how you like it! Create equalizer presets for all of your favorite genres.
- Boost volume higher than Android normally allows! (Part of the Equalizer.)
- Doesn’t even need root.
Volume Control Notification
- You can enable an ongoing notification that provides quick access to a Precise Volume slider. Also includes an optional preset notification for quick preset access.
- Use Precise Volume even when your screen is off. Very useful for listening to music on the bus or listening to podcasts. A bit buggy, but it should work!
- Headphone Automation lets you make it so that when you plug in headphones, a dialog pops up asking you which preset to activate. You can set up a preset for each pair of headphones you own and have it ask you which headphones to use when you plug something into your headphone jack. You can also make it activate a preset automatically, if you want that.
- Bluetooth Automation lets you activate presets automatically when you connect to a Bluetooth device. I created a preset just for my car. Really convenient.
- App Automation lets you activate presets as soon as an app is opened. I use it for Google Assistant. I usually keep my volume pretty low but when I use Google Assistant I want my volume to be at the max. I setup a preset for Assistant and set it to revert my volume back to the level it was at before once I leave Assistant again.
- Make volume even MORE precise. For example, a max volume of 200 is 2x as precise as 100.
- The amount of volume changed when the volume buttons are pressed.
- Dark theme for use at night. Also includes an AMOLED black theme.
- Change how slowly or quickly volume goes from minimum to maximum. For example, you can make volumes 0-30 seem less steep than 30-100. You can also use this to calibrate Precise Volume to your specific device. Each device has a different Audio Curve.
- Changing the volume of any spectrum will automatically change all of the other volume spectrums to match it.
- Remove admob banner and interstial ads.
Activate Preset Dialog (Headphone Automation):
Volume Control Notification:
Volume Control Notification Interface:
Thanks for checking out my app! I hope it helps someone out. I know it has seriously made music a lot better for me.
Also, I apologize if there are any bugs or anything! I tried my best to test on as many devices as possible, but there will always be those bugs that manage to slip through the cracks. Not to mention, this app is somewhat experimental and likely won’t work the same on every device. If you find anything odd, send me an email at [email protected].
Current Version: 1.19.1
Created 3-14-2017 (Pi day!)
Last Updated 8-17-2017