[APP][4.0+] Profiler - CPU, GPU, RAM monitoring in floating window

Search This thread

Thomas.

Jul 15, 2007
Profiler

Real-time component monitoring in floating window. You can customize layout, its size and transparency. You can set your prefered data format and chart color for better clarity.

Supported components: (Depends on data provided by your device)
  • CPU load
  • GPU load
  • RAM usage
  • Network traffic
  • Temperature
  • Battery voltage and temperature

If you want to translate this application into your language, here you have, what you need.

Some points from development:
  • Development took me more that 200 hours.
  • Development of component monitoring without UI took about 10 hours.
  • No 3rd party library was used.
  • Size of APK is only 103kB.
  • APK contains only application icon and 9-patch image for shadow, everything else are drawn into canvas.
  • I developed this app more for fun that I really need it.
  • Project was created in March 17, 2014 in Eclipse.
  • Application was tested on 7 android phones and 2 tablets before public release.
  • Application is written in Java in 7013 lines of code.

Known issues:
  • When you use same monitor twice (ex. RAM), in first one maximum is set at 2GB and in second one maximum is set max from all values, you will get unpredicted behaviour of second one.

Device compatibility list

For manual installation use APK in attachments.

Attachments

• 20.apk
    148.9 KB · Views: 3,234
Last edited:

Atsukai

Jun 6, 2017
Add or include a gadget option so that we can add it to homescreen! It would be amazing!

Atsukai

Jun 6, 2017
That's what I meant, widgets >.< (confusing).
For example, If I have 3 pages of homescreen, I can have one for extra apps, middle one for main used apps and third one for widgets, if I could see how my phone is doing just by swipping to the side instead of opening an app, it would be amazing.
(This app is great, if it were a widget to place on homescreen it would be really amazing, since most of those that exist are not very useful and very buggy).

Reactions: thiranja

Thomas.

Jul 15, 2007
For example, If I have 3 pages of homescreen, I can have one for extra apps, middle one for main used apps and third one for widgets, if I could see how my phone is doing just by swipping to the side instead of opening an app, it would be amazing.
(This app is great, if it were a widget to place on homescreen it would be really amazing, since most of those that exist are not very useful and very buggy).

Thanks to your thought, I have an idea that is easy for implementation. It is just simple 1x1 widget or some icon on homescreen for turn on monitor. So you do not have to go to the application, tap on enable and go back. You can just tap on icon on homescreen to show monitor.

Atsukai

Jun 6, 2017
Do you mean android widget? Why do you need it? What do you want to show on homescreen?

Thanks to your thought, I have an idea that is easy for implementation. It is just simple 1x1 widget or some icon on homescreen for turn on monitor. So you do not have to go to the application, tap on enable and go back. You can just tap on icon on homescreen to show monitor.

Adding a widget 2x2 or 3x3 which shows cpu, temps, internet and ram info would be great :D.

Thomas.

Jul 15, 2007
At the moment, I am working on battery current monitor and better compatibility with temperature monitor.

Thomas.

Jul 15, 2007

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180311-151821.png
    Screenshot_20180311-151821.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 761

Thomas.

Jul 15, 2007
The new version with battery current monitor is in a closed beta version and it looks good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Profiler

Real-time component monitoring in floating window. You can customize layout, its size and transparency. You can set your prefered data format and chart color for better clarity.

Supported components: (Depends on data provided by your device)
    • CPU load
    • GPU load
    • RAM usage
    • Network traffic
    • Temperature
    • Battery voltage and temperature

If you want to translate this application into your language, here you have, what you need.

Some points from development:
    • Development took me more that 200 hours.
    • Development of component monitoring without UI took about 10 hours.
    • No 3rd party library was used.
    • Size of APK is only 103kB.
    • APK contains only application icon and 9-patch image for shadow, everything else are drawn into canvas.
    • I developed this app more for fun that I really need it.
    • Project was created in March 17, 2014 in Eclipse.
    • Application was tested on 7 android phones and 2 tablets before public release.
    • Application is written in Java in 7013 lines of code.

Known issues:
    • When you use same monitor twice (ex. RAM), in first one maximum is set at 2GB and in second one maximum is set max from all values, you will get unpredicted behaviour of second one.

Device compatibility list

For manual installation use APK in attachments.
    I have just released new version of Profiler and ProfilerAPI with CPU frequency support.
    New update fixes freezing problem when some monitor is using max value.
    I know you havent been on in a while, but if you see this can I get the source code to continue development? Credits will always show you