[APP][4.0+] PushBullet

Search This thread

jon313

Mar 7, 2009
Zagreb
The app is really nice and works like a charm.
But I've got one question- is it posible to disable notifications when sending stuff from PC to Android?
Or could it become an option when adding some other features?

So that when I send a couple of links I don't get my notification drawer full (and I can't just clear it all because I'm using Noteable).
I know it's probably a dumb request, but I'm just putting it out there :)

jman6495

Mar 25, 2011
Can't login

Hey,

Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same problems, I have the chrome app set up and functional, And a Pushbullet account, when i try to sign in using my google account in the android app I get "We had some trouble signing into your account, please try again". This has been happening for a week or so now.

I use 2 factor authentication with my account, could this be the cause of the problem ?

edit (update) : I tried disabling 2 factor auth, deleting Pushbullet account, disconnecting from google and reconnecting. Still not working, could it be a problem with my mobile ?

Thanks in advance

-jman6495

jazzh

Oct 2, 2011
Hey,

Don't know if anyone is experiencing the same problems, I have the chrome app set up and functional, And a Pushbullet account, when i try to sign in using my google account in the android app I get "We had some trouble signing into your account, please try again". This has been happening for a week or so now.

-jman6495
Have you tried to login into Google with a browser, then security, search for option Apps requesting access...

I really miss the option for pushbullet to work with its own accounts...

Reactions: ravian29

akatarmo

Aug 20, 2009
Hello. First, thank you very much to the developer for this excellent application (and share it for free).

Now my question. I use FireFox (v32, the last) as a browser on my desktop computer. Then when I click on an image with the right mouse button, and delivery pressing Pushbullet icon (not always visible) to my Samsung S4, only the link (and not always) is received on the phone, but no picture. But with Chrome, the PB icon is always visible and I get on my mobile both, image and link. It seems that the Firefox plugin does not work properly, but Chrome plugin works perfect.

I hope I have explained the problem correctly, sorry for my bad English.

And, please, where I can get the Quick Reply for Pushbullet. Yes, I know that the Play Store has removed the app.

Last edited:

guzba

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
www.pushbullet.com
Really happy to hear you're liking PB :)

I'm working to make Chrome and Firefox work more like each other. This will keep getting better over time. The basic cause of the difference is that Chrome is easier for me to work with.

For Quick Reply for Pushbullet, I didn't build that app but I think the dev is here on XDA so he should be able to get you a copy of the app.

nostromo76

Aug 19, 2007
I have the exact same problem

Have you tried to login into Google with a browser, then security, search for option Apps requesting access...

I really miss the option for pushbullet to work with its own accounts...

I'm experiencing the same problem, since the last app update...

I do really miss it's functionality, please, could someone help us???

Thank you very much in advance!!!

bayermunich

Aug 13, 2014
Pardon my question if it's been discussed earlier, but I didn't want to skim through all the pages. Is there a file-size cap? I know that I've used similar apps before and they've either had a cap, or a longer video file would simply time out and never send.

Epkaiser

Sep 16, 2014
Pardon my question if it's been discussed earlier, but I didn't want to skim through all the pages. Is there a file-size cap? I know that I've used similar apps before and they've either had a cap, or a longer video file would simply time out and never send.

25 MB has been the limit when sending a file from Chrome to my device. I just tried from device to PC and it seems the same 25 MB limit is in place. It also lets you know if you can push the file or not so you're not just sitting there thinking that it's going to send.

Last edited:

bayermunich

Aug 13, 2014
25 MB has been the limit when sending a file from Chrome to my device. I just tried from device to PC and it seems the same 25 MB limit is in place. It also lets you know if you can push the file or not so you're not just sitting there thinking that it's going to send.

Thanks. That's good to know. I guess this will be a nice addition for sending smaller files but when it comes to transferring longer videos or anything larger, I'll be using the old tried and true methods. No big deal, but just thought I'd check.

sw25

May 9, 2009
Canada
I've got the pushbullet installed on the phone and pc. Sometimes when I want to transfer from phone to pc when I right click the file to transfer it says "Pushbullet error: could not upload the file".
Anyone have this error? Files are under 25mb.

Artelier

Sep 25, 2014
Great service. About the only thing I wish would happen is for multiple messages in a row, we get to see a thread on PC, but I realise that might be hard.

Still, so useful, especially when transferring files.

Primokorn

• Nov 17, 2012
    I've got the pushbullet installed on the phone and pc. Sometimes when I want to transfer from phone to pc when I right click the file to transfer it says "Pushbullet error: could not upload the file".
    Anyone have this error? Files are under 25mb.
    Maybe the file format

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      PushBullet makes it easy to send things (files, notes, lists, links, ++) from your computer to your Android phones and tablets, and now from one Android device to another. It's all about making what you've sent easy to access by using all of the new notification features available in JellyBean, though it still works great for Gingerbread+.

Sending something to your phone or tablet with PushBullet is easy. You can go to pushbullet.com or install the Chrome extension. Just sign in with your Google account in the app and on the web and you're good to go.

You can also share your devices with other people, so they can push to your Android devices, too. This makes it easy to push a grocery list to your spouse or receive beta APKs from a dev friend.

I haven't posted enough to include links :/ sorry.

---

PushBullet has been very well received on the Android subreddit but until now I hadn't reached out to xda for feedback. I'm confident a lot of you would find PushBullet useful so I'd really like to hear how I can make it better for you.
      An update on Pushbullet

It's been 6 months since I posted the above and we've done a lot in that time to make Pushbullet even better so I figured I should bump with an update:

Pushbullet can now show all of your phones' notifications on your computer at the same time. This is amazingly cool and changed the way I think about my phone. All you need to do is have either our Chrome or Firefox extension installed and turn on "Notification Mirroring" in our app. Here's a video demoing the feature: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Fn6na1hVhFo

Pushbullet now has a full-featured Firefox extension (we used to just have a Chrome extension). This is great since we're no longer quite so presumptive about forcing you to use a certain browser to take advantage of Pushbullet.

You can now send anything Pushbullet can push right to friends/family. They'll get notified on all of their devices so they see it wherever they are, then we automatically dismiss it on their other devices after they interact with it on one. It's how quick-sharing should work and we're going to make it a lot better this next year.

Oh and of course Pushbullet can push from your phone to your computer now (we used to just do computer to phone). This makes Pushbullet the easiest way to get pictures/files/etc from your phone and onto your computer.

---

I've attached some screenshots of the updated app. If you're still scratching your head wondering how this adds up, here's a video that does a better job than words do: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jFLEM46Vltk

It'd be amazing to get some feedback from you all--we've got big plans for 2014 and it'd be great to know what you really want to see next :)

Ah yes, one last thing, Pushbullet is 4.0+ now.

---

Here's some links: (Well sort of, I can't post links yet)

Android app: (link in footer of our website)

Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pushbullet/chlffgpmiacpedhhbkiomidkjlcfhogd

Firefox extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pushbullet/
      40$ per YEAR?

COME ON!
      I'd pay 10, 15, EVEN 20$ for your full app. BUT ONCE.
      NOT 40 DAMN DOLLARS EVERY DAMN YEAR. Are you guys crazy?
      I'm uninstalling right now. Bye!

Hi everyone,

I am wondering why there is no alternative to push bullet when it comes to answering whatsapp messages on PC.

There is Whatsapp Web.
      Ah certainly, I've added the APK to the post.

I'm glad you like the app and are even using our API! We're going to be adding more functionality to the API soon. My goal is to make it possible for anyone to do just about anything we can do ourselves all via the same API. I think of it kind of like how the Google apps are built on the same Android APIs I get.
      Could you share how did you that with the compiling info? Did you use a simple bash script? Where can I learn to use the api for my own solutions?

It's very simple. Put this in ~/bin and chmod +x and edit the values of "api_key" and "device_id" (line 2 and 3) to reflect your own key/ID:
      Code:
      # Your API key must end with a ':'
      api_key="your_api_key"
      device_id="your_device_id"
      curl https://api.pushbullet.com/api/pushes \
          -u "$api_key" \
          -d device_id="$device_id" \
          -d type=note \
          -d title="$1" \
          -d body="$2" \
          -X POST \
          -s -S > /dev/null
      Let's pretend we named the script 'pushbullet.' You can now simply call it like this:
      Code:
      pushbullet "My notification's title" "My notification's description"

Of course, you can also send something that's not a note, or make a script that allows you to choose what type of push to use:
      Code:
      api_key="your_api_key"
      device_id="your_device_id"

case "$1" in
          note)
              arg1="title"
              arg2="body"
              ;;
          link)
              arg1="title"
              arg2="url"
              ;;
          address)
              arg1="name"
              arg2="address"
              ;;
          list)
              arg1="title"
              arg2="items"
              ;;
          file)
              curl -i https://api.pushbullet.com/api/pushes \
                  -u "$api_key" \
                  -F device_id="$device_id" \
                  -F type=file \
                  -F [email protected]"$2" \
                  -s -S > /dev/null
              exit
              ;;
          *)
              echo "Unknown option."
              exit
              ;;
      esac

curl https://api.pushbullet.com/api/pushes \
          -u "$api_key" \
          -d device_id="$device_id" \
          -d type="$1" \
          -d "$arg1"="$2" \
          -d "$arg2"="$3" \
          -X POST \
          -s -S > /dev/null
      And to use it (not sure what the exact syntax for a list push's items data fields are, maybe @guzba can give us an actual example for that:)
      Code:
      # syntax: pushbullet <type> <title> <content>
      pushbullet note "Note's title" "Note's description"
      pushbullet link "XDA Portal" 'http://xda-developers.com'
      pushbullet address "Googleplex" "1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA"
      # for files, the syntax is: pushbullet file <file>
      pushbullet file myfile.txt

EDIT: Forgot to answer your question - you can just call the script after the build command, for example (if you're using the first script:)
      Code:
      make bacon && pushbullet "Build Completed" "Yay" || pushbullet "Build Failed" "Oops"

Note that the scripts I've pasted above won't output anything unless an error occurs. They're silent otherwise. See https://www.pushbullet.com/api for the full API/more info on how to get your device's ID/API key.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone