[APP][4.0+] reddit for Android (100% Native with NO ADS) Open Source - Tester Welcome

Search This thread

Theworld2020

Jun 18, 2013
Chennai
7.jpeg

Major version released...

reddit for Android

1 The Fastest reddit app ever developed using the official reddit API; reddit for Android, pure 100 % native app.

2 The App designed to consume minimum battery while data transmission.

3 Ad free Version - " Enjoy the premium user experience at no cost "

Play Store Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bcplk.readerapplol

You can follow us for more updates & latest news about our reddit application through Google+ : https://plus.google.com/b/111322282842867213382/app/basic/111322282842867213382?cfem=1&source=apppromo

Thanks Jimmy McGee for the video review by XDA...

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/get-reddit-right-xdatv/#disqus_thread

reddit Features are :

Login as User or Visitor

Post Links and Text

Hot, New, Rising & Filters

Up-Vote/Down- Vote Feature

View comments of the posts

Post Comments on the post

View your own posts history

Search and Browse Reddit posts​

Upcoming Features are :
Themes

reddit in Browser

Floating widget

Any new features needed mail us @ [email protected]
Maximum possible features of reddit website is available in this native android app

• This android app developed using official reddit api http://www.reddit.com/dev/api

• Devloped according to api access rules specified in https://github.com/reddit/reddit/wiki/API

• The name and logo for this android app designed according to the guidelines specified in http://www.reddit.com/wiki/licensing

• This app is not made or maintained by reddit and it is developed by permissions and tools provided by reddit in the above links.

• The user login , registration,voting information is directly sent and received to the reddit and no user information is received or maintained by the developer or the app

• This app complies with Google and reddit policy's.

• Contact developer for support and bugs (will be responded in 24 woking hours time)

Click Thanks button to support my development..

Attachments

• Reddit.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 597
Last edited:

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Love trying out a new reddit app so thanks for this.

It's still in beta as you stated and yeah.. it shows but thats fine.

• The icon is fugly. That needs an overhaul. Maybe I can help you out with that. Hell, maybe I'll do it for fun just to see what I can come up with :).

• It needs to be simpler. The fact that you need to click a post and then also click "view page". Just hassle. Maybe make it so you can click the image and it'll just pop open.

• The buttons are also fugly. Something flatter and holo will go a long way.

• The upvote/downvote....just needs better placement. I'm not too sure if people would rather see them directly on the post or have to click on a post to see it but thats the only constructive criticism I can offer. Just needs better placement. How? I'm not too sure yet.

• Its slow. Takes quite awhile to open items especially the comments.

• Comments: Doesn't look too bad but maybe add some lines down the left hand side or something and have them indented. You can't really tell which comments are replies to others.

This is all my opinion and meant to be constructive. I would LOVE to learn how to create half of this so I definitely applaud your effort. If you ever need a tester before releasing, I'm here and would love to help out in any way.

Thank you!

BriskT

Nov 16, 2011
Maybe I'm missing something, but even after I signed in, the lefthand navigation remained with the default subreddits, and did not show my personal subscriptions.

Reactions: Theworld2020

Theworld2020

Jun 18, 2013
Chennai
Thanks for letting me know... Not active as before..

Used the app for 1hour; downloaded from Google play store..

Suggestions :

Improve the app icon ( HD image ).
UI smooth need a option for full screen too..
Double tap not working I think please check.

Rest all fine.. Best app for reddit with no ads..

Voted

Thanks for the Review, We are expecting Breif Review..

If i'm right you guys have missed the Personal Subscriptions API..

Near Future we'll the Mentioned Feature

Maybe I'm missing something, but even after I signed in, the lefthand navigation remained with the default subreddits, and did not show my personal subscriptions.

Thanx Jacksparao,

Reactions: jacksparao

NaabKing

Dec 2, 2010
I'm really confused with this app, i couldn't find the reddits i'm subscribed to (i was logged in) and i don't know how to look at some pages, for now, i'll stick with Reddit Now

m.is.for.michael

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
Am i missing something? I don't see the text of posts I open. Links to websites, pictures, and gifs work fine, but text only posts show part of the heading and then just the comments.

And I agree with jax above you should be able to click a post to go into it; in addition I think you should be able to long click to get a context menu which might include share, for example.

sent from my brain using telepathy

Acidwire

Mar 2, 2013
Great app, would love a tap and hold to save image or menu option save image and just clicking on the post should open it, have a comments button under the post instead we can tap on to expand them. Seriously great work though for a new app! Thanks for this

Last edited:

m11kkaa

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Jan 20, 2011
Nice app but there are many things my designer eye doesn't like :)
- the splash screen is just a pixelated stretched image. looks very weird
- the "rate reddit for android"-dialog should use android's default choice dialog style and not this 10 minute layout ;)
- don't start a new activity everytime you click a button
- the category dropdown items are way too small, just stay to android default theme here
- I wouldn't show the icons of the navigation bar on the left. it's kinda confusing and wastes space, too
- I'd completely remove the bottom bar, but that's a design choice. I'd replace prev/next by a tab/swipe-layout, put the search icon into action bar and completely remove the homebutton because it's useless imo
- I'm not sure about the filter icon in the action bar. I mean it's easy to understand but it looks kinda weird like it doesn't fit the iconography guidelines.
- don't lock landscape mode
- the post-buttons are looking weird and don't consider the available space(check the image1 in attachements)
- there are text alignment problems in the comments(screenshot 2)
- Also I don't really understand what these arrows on the left of every comment are about
- also the list of of posts aren't intuitive because u have to click them and it shows buttons then. I'd change it so a click directly opens the page and then u could add a comments button in the actionbar
- about the +1 button in the bottombar: what is it for? for liking the app? the currently selected post? reddit as a service?

also I had a FC. dunno if it has been caused by xprivacy though
Code:
W/dalvikvm( 6066): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41bc2ce0)
W/BEFORESCRAPPINGURI:( 6066): http://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): Process: com.bcplk.readerapplol, PID: 6066
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not perform this action after onSaveInstanceState
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at n.p(SourceFile:1327)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at n.a(SourceFile:1338)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at d.b(SourceFile:595)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at d.commit(SourceFile:574)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at com.bcplk.readerapplol.ExamplesActivity.updateContent(SourceFile:934)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at hb.onPostExecute(SourceFile:1)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:632)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:645)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5140)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:611)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6066): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager(  641):   Force finishing activity com.bcplk.readerapplol/.ExamplesActivity

conclusion:
Your app isn't that bad but you really need a better design :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-20-08-46-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-20-08-46-07.png
    166 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2014-07-20-08-49-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-20-08-49-03.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7.jpeg

Major version released...

reddit for Android

1 The Fastest reddit app ever developed using the official reddit API; reddit for Android, pure 100 % native app.

2 The App designed to consume minimum battery while data transmission.

3 Ad free Version - " Enjoy the premium user experience at no cost "

Play Store Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bcplk.readerapplol

You can follow us for more updates & latest news about our reddit application through Google+ : https://plus.google.com/b/111322282842867213382/app/basic/111322282842867213382?cfem=1&source=apppromo

Thanks Jimmy McGee for the video review by XDA...

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/get-reddit-right-xdatv/#disqus_thread

reddit Features are :

Login as User or Visitor

Post Links and Text

Hot, New, Rising & Filters

Up-Vote/Down- Vote Feature

View comments of the posts

Post Comments on the post

View your own posts history

Search and Browse Reddit posts​

Upcoming Features are :
    Themes

reddit in Browser

Floating widget

Any new features needed mail us @ [email protected]
    Maximum possible features of reddit website is available in this native android app

• This android app developed using official reddit api http://www.reddit.com/dev/api

• Devloped according to api access rules specified in https://github.com/reddit/reddit/wiki/API

• The name and logo for this android app designed according to the guidelines specified in http://www.reddit.com/wiki/licensing

• This app is not made or maintained by reddit and it is developed by permissions and tools provided by reddit in the above links.

• The user login , registration,voting information is directly sent and received to the reddit and no user information is received or maintained by the developer or the app

• This app complies with Google and reddit policy's.

• Contact developer for support and bugs (will be responded in 24 woking hours time)

Click Thanks button to support my development..
    Love trying out a new reddit app so thanks for this.

It's still in beta as you stated and yeah.. it shows but thats fine.

• The icon is fugly. That needs an overhaul. Maybe I can help you out with that. Hell, maybe I'll do it for fun just to see what I can come up with :).

• It needs to be simpler. The fact that you need to click a post and then also click "view page". Just hassle. Maybe make it so you can click the image and it'll just pop open.

• The buttons are also fugly. Something flatter and holo will go a long way.

• The upvote/downvote....just needs better placement. I'm not too sure if people would rather see them directly on the post or have to click on a post to see it but thats the only constructive criticism I can offer. Just needs better placement. How? I'm not too sure yet.

• Its slow. Takes quite awhile to open items especially the comments.

• Comments: Doesn't look too bad but maybe add some lines down the left hand side or something and have them indented. You can't really tell which comments are replies to others.

This is all my opinion and meant to be constructive. I would LOVE to learn how to create half of this so I definitely applaud your effort. If you ever need a tester before releasing, I'm here and would love to help out in any way.

Thank you!
    same issue

Even the same issue I have... Only Youtube not working before it was working.. Do you need my help to fix let me know...

Amazing app..

The update has just made this app a hundred times better, I like the quick theme switch, the save image options and the slide out menu. Only new issue for me is youtube: it either fails to initiate YouTube player for video posts or if the YouTube video is embedded within an article it goes grey and loads for ages never starting. Gifs work fine but they are tiny with a large white screen around them, is it possible to have then fit to screen along the width like I've attached or be a bit larger like images are? View attachment 2881256

Original gif
    uvu3yre7.jpg

Larger gif
    ajyqehy3.jpg

YouTube works fine for me in other apps and from the browser

Sent using Tapatalk Pro.
    Best for Reddit

Thanks for letting me know... Not active as before..

Used the app for 1hour; downloaded from Google play store..

Suggestions :

Improve the app icon ( HD image ).
    UI smooth need a option for full screen too..
    Double tap not working I think please check.

Rest all fine.. Best app for reddit with no ads..

Voted
    Your app has promise. However, after using it for a day, it's still not enough to pull me away from Reddit is Fun. Keep adding features and listening to the community and you'll have a ballin' app!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone