[APP][4.0+][SMS App] Emu Messenger Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gummihaf

Aug 14, 2013
Thank you all for the feedback, and keep it coming.

We've posted an update to the app, if you downloaded through Google Play, you should be updating soon (if you haven't already). If you downloaded from our direct download URL, you can download again to get the latest and greatest - http://emu.is/download-apk

Most notably, we've added MMS support for many, many more carriers, as well as better handling of image thumbnails in the chats (and you can now view them full screen by tapping on them). There are also numerous bug fixes, performance improvements, etc, etc.

More to come, we're a bunch of busy bees, stay tuned.

Reactions: goldenratio

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Does VOICE still autosend? I leave my messenger open a lot and have sent many unnecessary voice messages. No way to turn it off? Good to see the update!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gummihaf

Aug 14, 2013
Does VOICE still autosend? I leave my messenger open a lot and have sent many unnecessary voice messages. No way to turn it off? Good to see the update!

Voice will now prompt with a 3 second count-down and then send unless you cancel - are you still sending accidental messages after that change?

kouss77550

Jun 21, 2012
I've installed the latest version and it's a great app! But I would love to see it in french, so can I help with the translation of this app?
Anyway, keep the work, your app is great! ;)

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
What an update. Addressed quite a few issues. Would love to see Google Keep integrated.

Mchasard

Dec 12, 2010
I can see with this update that it take less time to display messages so it feel speeder. .the keyboard open always even i just would like read a message...bad thing please give us the choice in the settings...

Envoyé depuis mon IQ442 avec Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnnyEpic

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
Needs an option to set as default SMS app... also needs sync with regular SMS as well. If you send a message through the regular one it doesn't appear in Emu.

Reactions: kouss77550

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Maybe a scheduled sync or an option in settings instead of redoing the setup.

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
My messages keep disappearing. Have to reset to readd them. Think it may be a cache cleaner. Will try to pinpoint. I only use sdmaid but not sure why its happening.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Messages keep getting deleted . I think its a cache cleaner. I use sdmaid. Will try to pinpoint it. Unless you have an idea?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Oops. Double post.

gummihaf

Aug 14, 2013
My messages keep disappearing. Have to reset to readd them. Think it may be a cache cleaner. Will try to pinpoint. I only use sdmaid but not sure why its happening.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Did this just start happening all of a sudden?

Anisrael

Apr 7, 2010
Piedmont
Awesome update. The new logo was much needed and all of the enhancements that I've stumbled across so far have been quite nice. Thanks for continuing to develop and maintain this app. This remains my favorite messenger app.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: JohnnyEpic

wwonka69

Jan 26, 2011
Nice job, looks great.

Maybe have a few options for color schemes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kouss77550

Jun 21, 2012
Can someone upload the last version's apk plz? I can't download through Google Play since this app isn't available in my country (France)

gummihaf

Aug 14, 2013
We just posted a major update to the app and brought it out of beta - check it out at http://emu.is/2013/emu-has-landed/

Highlights:

• Shows your calendar schedule whenever you're discussing getting together.
  • Brings information about restaurants, including Yelp reviews and OpenTable reservations when available.
  • When planning to go to the movies, nearby theaters and showtimes are provided, and ticket purchase links.
  • Snooze messages to later by swiping to the left: get it again when you get home, to work, first thing in the morning or when you leave wherever you are.
  • And everyone's favorite: share your location with anyone with a mobile phone with one-click Marco Polo.

- Gummi

slc334

Aug 31, 2010
Dartmouth, NS
We just posted a major update to the app and brought it out of beta - check it out at http://emu.is/2013/emu-has-landed/

Highlights:

• Shows your calendar schedule whenever you're discussing getting together.
  • Brings information about restaurants, including Yelp reviews and OpenTable reservations when available.
  • When planning to go to the movies, nearby theaters and showtimes are provided, and ticket purchase links.
  • Snooze messages to later by swiping to the left: get it again when you get home, to work, first thing in the morning or when you leave wherever you are.
  • And everyone's favorite: share your location with anyone with a mobile phone with one-click Marco Polo.

- Gummi

Hi Gummi,
Google Play is telling me the Bell GS4 is not compatible with Emu? Is it possible you don't support the GS4? When will this be available?
Thanks,
S.

Chlorophyll

Mar 2, 2012
kakinada AP
am from INDIA
tried to install right away from playstore but it had shown me cant install message.due to regional restriction i guess
i wanna know wen it gonna be available for indian users
even i dloaded apk file from website n cant even activate the app
any suggestions for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Emu Messenger Beta is an SMS app for Android which allows you to share your location with anyone and get messages re-sent at a later moment, for example when you get home.

Download by pointing your Android at http://emu.is/download
    (Direct Download for those in regions without Play Store access.)

• Marco? Polo! Look for magic buttons on messages like, "Where are you?" Tap to send a map of your location – that updates as you move around.
    • Sometimes you get a message at the wrong time. Remember to take out the trash! Pay the rent when you get home! Emu has the answer, with Yo-yo. Swipe across a message and have it re-sent to yourself when you get home, to work, when you get up in the morning, or when you leave wherever you are.
    • Push to Talk: Running late? Hands full? Press and hold anywhere in a chat, then speak to send a message. There is no step three.

It all works over SMS/MMS, just use it instead of your built in Messages app, so no need to invite all your friends.

Send us your feedback to feedback@emu.is and especially if you'd like to join our labs program to get a sneak preview of some nifty upcoming features.

shot1.png
    shot2.png
    shot3.png

Mod Edit: Please note that download links are broken
    I feel stupid for asking but what is boost mode lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Can someone upload the last version's apk plz? I can't download through Google Play since this app isn't available in my country (France)

Download link at http://emu.is/download-apk has been updated to the latest version.
    Will the notifications for this work the same way the stock SMS app works on 4.2? As in, will I be able to reply/read from the notification panel?

Only real reason I'm using stock SMS at the moment and it's quite efficient, but I'd love to try this out.

Thanks.

:good:

It does not. Although the app seems pretty clean and well done.

Some things I ran into: Received text, got no notification besides stock SMS app, opened with Emu, but texts were not there.

Also needs:
    Emoji support
    Themeing, even if simple
    Reply from notification.

Edit, I'll keep it for the Marco and Speech to text but stock will be primary. Agree with above poster; all of these should be included in stock app. Great work.
    Another missing feature is the fact in the notifications you can't swipe down and do a quick reply.