• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App][4.0+][SMS App] SMS Encryption 3.3: this app allows to send secure SMS

Search This thread

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
The app "SMS Encryption" may be used for sending/receiving encrypted messages. This app uses the algorithm AES for encryption, AES is strong and secure algorithm. Private SMS will be encrypted on the sender side and it may be read by the receiver only if key is known.

Advantages of this app:
- this application uses algorithm of encryption which is federal government standard. AES is included in the ISO/IEC 18033-3 standard.
- private messages will be protected by a secret key
- you can use different keys for the different secret messages
- this SMS messenger allows to create private chat in real time with another person
- text of secure SMS is always encrypted even during sending
- encrypted SMS protect your private life

Known limitations:
- This application can not be set as default application for SMS.
- This application does not allow to delete messages.
- Encrypted text may be bigger than the original one. A number of messages must be displayed in the right bottom corner of a screen.
- This application does not support MMS.
eDEW4xC4RBwwLj6TR3h_n6irWPhdgE225JYpsbqWCJW9Exm70MXxbUDJHTzNidXTN_Y4=h900

fZWP61vZv65qANNSuZ3cibhSFyhuTQ0skV52lGrGTfdsg89AuMLQshaabpeW68CluBRi=h900

E-MXDGKcSWuzJKjji-EMiZA_jj2lT7KCzJKIMU-yVjT3gJCOGhQCdiOsgN4HvGEAcQg=h900

QJ0Dr4Q22QDVuTdsoronmXXlkhwbmuKVFLmnD10yCkuHvuN7Uu2yDpK2m64Lk4Vp-U8=h900

E-DiH4zVD4Odu_SlU10AjoCI7SPiMM05yAf52jsCSZAOiOoq16PMEpS4jK-zZCJg58w=h900

this thread has been moved:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-sms-encryption-4-0-messenger-allows-t3209060

Last edited:

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
Rules here on XDA

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Clayne

Oct 15, 2012
2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

whoops didn't want to be rude/disrespectful. I've solely been joking about his funny screenshots . My post shouldn't sound offending! It's always great to see new members over here, especially when they're sharing their work. I have great respect for programmers for their work.
So sorry for my interruption. Back to the topic please.

Reactions: nashnative

latenightchameleon

Jun 13, 2014
Toronto
hey tough guy, you're not a mod.
besides, a little humour here and there doesn't hurt anybody, especially if his post is not offensive at all. get over yourself.

JG

Jun 12, 2012
United States
Thanks for your contribution .It is much appreciated.BTW I am sure those earlier posts were not meant to degrade you and your app. Some guys just like to find things to poke fun at when possible .dont be bothered by it!;)

TeamAndroid14

Sep 16, 2014
Toronto
besides, a little humour here and there doesn't hurt anybody, especially if his post is not offensive at all. get over yourself.

Did I say I was a MOD ?, Im just putting it out there, brother... So I highly suggest you get over yourself ,

BTW, just because I posted a XDA rule on this forum, it doesnt mean i'm a MOD, I'm just being friendly and making sure people understand what the rules are here on XDA. When people post a "Rude", "simpleminded" comment on the forum, some of them take it "sarcastically" or they're just being plain rude.

JG

Jun 12, 2012
United States
Did I say I was a MOD ?, Im just putting it out there, brother... So I highly suggest you get over yourself ,

BTW, just because I posted a XDA rule on this forum, it doesnt mean i'm a MOD, I'm just being friendly and making sure people understand what the rules are here on XDA. When people post a "Rude", "simpleminded" comment on the forum, some of them take it "sarcastically" or they're just being plain rude.
okay you made your point .how about you guys comment on the app which this thread about - instead of your egos.

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
Well, I felt something like this guy on the picture when I was reading this thread:
getfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Stop-please...jpg?cb=S0QOg0Etdl

OK. My answer on the single question in this topic ( sad but true ):
WOW how did your friends Elephant, Dog and hose get these phone numbers?
--testing
What is the first reaction of people when they see own photo in public place? Probably, "OMG! Why me?" or something similar.
So, yes, animals are my silent friends! I hope we are understand each other and nobody wants to be a rude. :;)

I would be grateful if you could write any feedback about this app.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Clayne

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
Why does the app need "full network access" permission?
Hi daddyload2,
Thank you for the question.
This application works fine without access to network. The "full network access" permission is needed for banner which is located on main screen. The purchase "remove banner" is unavailable because it was a bad idea. I'm going to implement paid app which is based on this free version.
You can enjoy this app without ads. The banned will not appear if network is disabled. :)

Clayne

Oct 15, 2012
Well, I felt something like this guy on the picture when I was reading this thread:
getfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Stop-please...jpg?cb=S0QOg0Etdl

OK. My answer on the single question in this topic ( sad but true ):

What is the first reaction of people when they see own photo in public place? Probably, "OMG! Why me?" or something similar.
So, yes, animals are my silent friends! I hope we are understand each other and nobody wants to be a rude. :;)

I would be grateful if you could write any feedback about this app.

Thank you in advance!

I didn't even write a feedback because I didn't force my friends donkey & ape to install it till now.
the first thing that irritates me is the alphabetic order of the konversation history. I have many contacts i only write once a month or less so it's a bit annoying to search those contacts that are using this app.
I should stop moaning, or I'll get banned for disrespecting devs ;P I believe this app has potential and is pretts nice if we keep in mind this is its first release.

edit: Oh and it's nice that you have to write down the encryption key every time you get into a conversation, that way nobody will ever take your phone to write silly messages to your ex, but I believe it's getting a bit hard to remember every key if you are writing with more than a couple persons..

Last edited:
Reactions: p_al

daddyload2

Jul 24, 2008
Hi daddyload2,
Thank you for the question.
This application works fine without access to network. The "full network access" permission is needed for banner which is located on main screen. The purchase "remove banner" is unavailable because it was a bad idea. I'm going to implement paid app which is based on this free version.
You can enjoy this app without ads. The banned will not appear if network is disabled. :)

Thanks for clarifying!
Agreed, two separate apps including the premium one w/o internet access is a little bit more trustworthy ;)

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
I didn't even write a feedback because I didn't force my friends donkey & ape to install it till now.
the first thing that irritates me is the alphabetic order of the konversation history. I have many contacts i only write once a month or less so it's a bit annoying to search those contacts that are using this app.
I should stop moaning, or I'll get banned for disrespecting devs ;P I believe this app has potential and is pretts nice if we keep in mind this is its first release.

edit: Oh and it's nice that you have to write down the encryption key every time you get into a conversation, that way nobody will ever take your phone to write silly messages to your ex, but I believe it's getting a bit hard to remember every key if you are writing with more than a couple persons..
Hi Clayne,
At first, thank you a lot for your feedback.
1. The order of items can be changed via the settings. List may be sorted by alphabet and it may be sorted by date. Perhaps this option sounds unclear, ugly an incorrect in English ("Sort list of main screen by the date (and time) when the latest message was received" ). I'll try to find better name for this one. :)
2. I agree with you that searching of necessary items looks a bit unfriendly, especially in huge list. So, I'll improve this functionality.
3. Regarding the password (key), the main idea of this app is maximum safety of message text. I believe it's not safe when passwords are stored in the device. Nevertheless, I will try to implement possibility to store key for session ( probably some new option ).

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Clayne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The app "SMS Encryption" may be used for sending/receiving encrypted messages. This app uses the algorithm AES for encryption, AES is strong and secure algorithm. Private SMS will be encrypted on the sender side and it may be read by the receiver only if key is known.

Advantages of this app:
    - this application uses algorithm of encryption which is federal government standard. AES is included in the ISO/IEC 18033-3 standard.
    - private messages will be protected by a secret key
    - you can use different keys for the different secret messages
    - this SMS messenger allows to create private chat in real time with another person
    - text of secure SMS is always encrypted even during sending
    - encrypted SMS protect your private life

Known limitations:
    - This application can not be set as default application for SMS.
    - This application does not allow to delete messages.
    - Encrypted text may be bigger than the original one. A number of messages must be displayed in the right bottom corner of a screen.
    - This application does not support MMS.
    eDEW4xC4RBwwLj6TR3h_n6irWPhdgE225JYpsbqWCJW9Exm70MXxbUDJHTzNidXTN_Y4=h900

fZWP61vZv65qANNSuZ3cibhSFyhuTQ0skV52lGrGTfdsg89AuMLQshaabpeW68CluBRi=h900

E-MXDGKcSWuzJKjji-EMiZA_jj2lT7KCzJKIMU-yVjT3gJCOGhQCdiOsgN4HvGEAcQg=h900

QJ0Dr4Q22QDVuTdsoronmXXlkhwbmuKVFLmnD10yCkuHvuN7Uu2yDpK2m64Lk4Vp-U8=h900

E-DiH4zVD4Odu_SlU10AjoCI7SPiMM05yAf52jsCSZAOiOoq16PMEpS4jK-zZCJg58w=h900

this thread has been moved:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-sms-encryption-4-0-messenger-allows-t3209060
    What? Speciesist! No beaver friends?

okay you made your point .how about you guys comment on the app which this thread about - instead of your egos.
    WOW how did your friends Elephant, Dog and hose get these phone numbers?
    --testing