• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App][4.0+][SMS App] SMS Encryption 3.3: this app allows to send secure SMS

Search This thread

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
New fixed version 2.8 which include few solutions for problems which were discussed here.
Hope you leave your feedbacks and another proposals which may improve this app.

Thank you!

Last edited:

p_al

Nov 11, 2014
Minsk
If the app does not provide exchanging keys, is the app encrypting anything at all?
What is than the purpose of the key field?
This app does not generate keys because it is not safe.
The key field should include secret word which is set by user. This app translates secret word to a 256-bit which is used for encrypt/decrypt messages.
Thus, if you want to send/receive encrypted messages, you have to set similar secret word on both devices.

Thank you for your question.

Reactions: kazzxtrismus

aritraroy

Jun 13, 2013
Kolkata
blog.aritraroy.in
"SMS Encryption" may be used for sending/receiving encrypted messages. This app uses the algorithm AES for encryption, AES is strong and secure algorithm. Private SMS will be encrypted on the sender side and it may be read by the receiver only if key is known.

Advantages of this app:
- this application uses algorithm of encryption which is federal government standard. AES is included in the ISO/IEC 18033-3 standard.
- private messages will be protected by a secret key
- you can use different keys for the different secret messages
- this SMS messenger allows to create private chat in real time with another person
- text of secure SMS is always encrypted even during sending
- encrypted SMS protect your private life

Known limitations:
- This application can not be set as default application for SMS.
- This application does not allow to delete messages.
- Encrypted text may be bigger than the original one. A number of messages must be displayed in the right bottom corner of a screen.
- This application does not support MMS.
4Hmvyn53mtIZyQNLzgerCxIrTpNCZDLygdtrsYsqSylQigG7PUk0mFxNylBlYOhgEQ=h310

k7-h1Fr1QfAUZIp7JhSpQexwL362WhEY6g3myHK4e33o1D3pyMS2Lx2csrHsy1CDJA=h310

J0AHvf8c2b6WbHWuJSGAT5AvNG5YZNaEkg5j-9sY68cR7a4G228htDyuAr9JOWzOtag=h310

VoS78rSkGhkj6lEW5WACAMfCt4c-SrJi4085s1ip4E8UeCsBHBavszTP2mDdfkytjWQ=h310

Get it on Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protectedsms&hl=en

The idea is very nice, I must say. But the UI is quite old-fashioned. I think it can get a Material Makeover. If you need any inspiration, you can check it out from my app or contact me for any help you need. Good job done. Keep it up! :)

Reactions: p_al

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The app "SMS Encryption" may be used for sending/receiving encrypted messages. This app uses the algorithm AES for encryption, AES is strong and secure algorithm. Private SMS will be encrypted on the sender side and it may be read by the receiver only if key is known.

Advantages of this app:
    - this application uses algorithm of encryption which is federal government standard. AES is included in the ISO/IEC 18033-3 standard.
    - private messages will be protected by a secret key
    - you can use different keys for the different secret messages
    - this SMS messenger allows to create private chat in real time with another person
    - text of secure SMS is always encrypted even during sending
    - encrypted SMS protect your private life

Known limitations:
    - This application can not be set as default application for SMS.
    - This application does not allow to delete messages.
    - Encrypted text may be bigger than the original one. A number of messages must be displayed in the right bottom corner of a screen.
    - This application does not support MMS.
    eDEW4xC4RBwwLj6TR3h_n6irWPhdgE225JYpsbqWCJW9Exm70MXxbUDJHTzNidXTN_Y4=h900

fZWP61vZv65qANNSuZ3cibhSFyhuTQ0skV52lGrGTfdsg89AuMLQshaabpeW68CluBRi=h900

E-MXDGKcSWuzJKjji-EMiZA_jj2lT7KCzJKIMU-yVjT3gJCOGhQCdiOsgN4HvGEAcQg=h900

QJ0Dr4Q22QDVuTdsoronmXXlkhwbmuKVFLmnD10yCkuHvuN7Uu2yDpK2m64Lk4Vp-U8=h900

E-DiH4zVD4Odu_SlU10AjoCI7SPiMM05yAf52jsCSZAOiOoq16PMEpS4jK-zZCJg58w=h900

this thread has been moved:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-sms-encryption-4-0-messenger-allows-t3209060
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    hey tough guy, you're not a mod.
    besides, a little humour here and there doesn't hurt anybody, especially if his post is not offensive at all. get over yourself.
    What? Speciesist! No beaver friends?
    Did I say I was a MOD ?, Im just putting it out there, brother... So I highly suggest you get over yourself ,

BTW, just because I posted a XDA rule on this forum, it doesnt mean i'm a MOD, I'm just being friendly and making sure people understand what the rules are here on XDA. When people post a "Rude", "simpleminded" comment on the forum, some of them take it "sarcastically" or they're just being plain rude.
    okay you made your point .how about you guys comment on the app which this thread about - instead of your egos.
    WOW how did your friends Elephant, Dog and hose get these phone numbers?
    --testing