[APP][4.0+][Snapdragon][CAF] Code Aurora's Chromium SWE Browser with auto-updater

Search This thread

skyline72

May 25, 2013
Singapore
Does anyone have crashing issue the its loading a forum page full of high res pictures?

I keep having the "Aw, snap!" thing popping out while load irregardless Im on data or wifi.

darzur

Jun 21, 2012
Hi,

Is there a way to login to google account from this browser? Tried it couple of times but always getting error and don't know if something is wrong with my devices or it's just not possible from this browser.

SteveMurphy

Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Hi,

Is there a way to login to google account from this browser? Tried it couple of times but always getting error and don't know if something is wrong with my devices or it's just not possible from this browser.
There is. I'm logged into gmail/G+ through this browser, no issues.

10goto10

May 28, 2011
Innanets
Hi,

There is. I'm logged into gmail/G+ through this browser, no issues.

Yes, normal Google site login works. Just remember that syncing browser data with a Google account is not supported on unofficial Chrome builds.

jknut

Dec 26, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the great app. I get "failed to check for updates" several times a day in the notification shade. When I open the app and manually check it says "no update available." Is this a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170624-144144.jpg
    Screenshot_20170624-144144.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: CristiRizy

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Thanks for the great app. I get "failed to check for updates" several times a day in the notification shade. When I open the app and manually check it says "no update available." Is this a bug?
I get that too, but just a couple of times a week. I have only allowed WiFi to SWE Updater in AF-Wall not mobile data. I had put it down to that.

bamless

Jan 23, 2017
Rome
Yup, that happens when it fails to check for updates, it will retry automatically after some time

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Tomo123

Jan 2, 2013
I used MyAndroidTools to disable all services and broadcast receivers. Also, like you, I disabled notifications, too.

Still wish there was an update of the app.

Reactions: dex87xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom build of Code Aurora's Chromium for Snapdragon. This build aims to deploy the stock Chromium SWE with only few additions. For now the only additions to the browser are: custom icon, custom name, adblock, more search engines. I also wrote an updater app that will search for new builds once a day, and will notify if one is found.

Links to build and updater app:
    Auto updater app
    Auto updater app source code
    Chromium SWE Builds

Update: F-Droid
    The app is now available on F-Droid.
    Please bear in mind that F-Droid builds its version of the app using its own keys for signing. This means that my build of the app isn't compatible with theirs, and if you want to switch from one to the other you'll need to uninstall first.

UPDATE: version 1.4.1
    The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link above (the link has been updated).
    This update corrects a major bug in the app.
    Version 1.4.1 changelog

This is going to be the last update for the auto-updater app. From now on you are going to receive only new Chromium SWE builds.
    I'll release a new version of the auto-updater app only if bugs will be found or if i accept to add a new requested feature.
    To report a bug you can open an issue on the github repo of the app (link above), for new features you can post on this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Code Aurora's Chromium SWE Browser with auto-updater, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    bamless
    streambinder

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4.1

Created 2017-05-09
    Last Updated 2017-05-26
    I understand a Dev getting busy with life. There were times I went close to 4 weeks before releasing a build. Depending on the complexity of @bamless mods, it could be a real pain in the ass to keep up on each version. I'm running 60.0.3112.2938655 because I still build the browser for myself and my family. I was running m59 about 4 weeks ago so bamless is a little late on releasing builds. If this project really is dead, I'll revive my thread.
    Can you provide a download of m60?

I will if there is not some type of update here by next weekend and it will be in my own thread.
    UPDATE: version 1.4.1
    The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link in the OP
    This update corrects a major bug in the app, updating is strongly suggested.
    Version 1.4.1 changelog
    Please add an option to disable background checks. I just want to check manually.
    (or add intervals e.g every 1/2/4/12/24 hours)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone