[APP][4.0+][Snapdragon][CAF] Code Aurora's Chromium SWE Browser with auto-updater

Search This thread

bamless

Jan 23, 2017
Rome
This is a custom build of Code Aurora's Chromium for Snapdragon. This build aims to deploy the stock Chromium SWE with only few additions. For now the only additions to the browser are: custom icon, custom name, adblock, more search engines. I also wrote an updater app that will search for new builds once a day, and will notify if one is found.

Links to build and updater app:
Auto updater app
Auto updater app source code
Chromium SWE Builds

Update: F-Droid
The app is now available on F-Droid.
Please bear in mind that F-Droid builds its version of the app using its own keys for signing. This means that my build of the app isn't compatible with theirs, and if you want to switch from one to the other you'll need to uninstall first.

UPDATE: version 1.4.1
The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link above (the link has been updated).
This update corrects a major bug in the app.
Version 1.4.1 changelog

This is going to be the last update for the auto-updater app. From now on you are going to receive only new Chromium SWE builds.
I'll release a new version of the auto-updater app only if bugs will be found or if i accept to add a new requested feature.
To report a bug you can open an issue on the github repo of the app (link above), for new features you can post on this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
Code Aurora's Chromium SWE Browser with auto-updater, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
bamless
streambinder

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.4.1

Created 2017-05-09
Last Updated 2017-05-26

Last edited:

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
Fantastic, a direct build updater for the Chromium CAF Snapdragon browser, i will enjoy this, thanks so much :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 con Tapatalk 2

Korax94

Apr 19, 2016
Nice work, I started using this version just for the auto updater app and the different icon.
Hope you will update frequently :)

rap1do

May 16, 2017
Stephanakert
add more lists for adblock

Hello, could you please add more lists for built-in adblock? I am interested in "RuAdList+EasyList" In the current build i have a lot of ads on various web pages
I would greatly appreciate:)

Last edited:

bamless

Jan 23, 2017
Rome
Do you plan to release the source code of your modded browser?

To sync your bookmarks: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...-with-third-party-chrome-browsers-on-android/
How can i import bookmarks from chrome?

Thanks for the link :D.
Regarding the source code, this build it's basically stock CAF Chromium for Snapdragon with only few branding options added (such as the icon, name and adblock). You can find the code on Code Aurora's site or by following the link in the OP.

bamless

Jan 23, 2017
Rome
UPDATE: version 1.4
The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link in the OP (the link has been updated) or by clicking the "UPDATE" title above.
Version 1.4 changelog

This is going to be the last update for the auto-updater app. From now on you are going to receive only new Chromium SWE builds.
I'll release a new version of the auto-updater app only if bugs will be found or if i accept to add a new requested feature.
To report a bug you can open an issue on the github repo of the app (link in the OP), for new features you can post on this thread.

Last edited:

Reptilez_DK

Jan 22, 2011
Kolding
The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link in the OP
This update corrects a major bug in the app, updating is strongly suggested.
Version 1.4.1 changelog
Huge thanks ! :laugh: This is beyond awesome !

Great job Bamless! Thanks for creating this for us!
You have no idea how much I learned, just by following along your guide. :victory:
Seriously -- I love you guys ! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom build of Code Aurora's Chromium for Snapdragon. This build aims to deploy the stock Chromium SWE with only few additions. For now the only additions to the browser are: custom icon, custom name, adblock, more search engines. I also wrote an updater app that will search for new builds once a day, and will notify if one is found.

Links to build and updater app:
    Auto updater app
    Auto updater app source code
    Chromium SWE Builds

Update: F-Droid
    The app is now available on F-Droid.
    Please bear in mind that F-Droid builds its version of the app using its own keys for signing. This means that my build of the app isn't compatible with theirs, and if you want to switch from one to the other you'll need to uninstall first.

The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link above (the link has been updated).
    This update corrects a major bug in the app.
    Version 1.4.1 changelog

To report a bug you can open an issue on the github repo of the app (link above), for new features you can post on this thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Code Aurora's Chromium SWE Browser with auto-updater, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    bamless
    streambinder

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4.1

Created 2017-05-09
    Last Updated 2017-05-26
    I understand a Dev getting busy with life. There were times I went close to 4 weeks before releasing a build. Depending on the complexity of @bamless mods, it could be a real pain in the ass to keep up on each version. I'm running 60.0.3112.2938655 because I still build the browser for myself and my family. I was running m59 about 4 weeks ago so bamless is a little late on releasing builds. If this project really is dead, I'll revive my thread.
    Can you provide a download of m60?

I will if there is not some type of update here by next weekend and it will be in my own thread.
    The auto updater app has been updated, you can download it from the link in the OP
    This update corrects a major bug in the app, updating is strongly suggested.
    Version 1.4.1 changelog
    Please add an option to disable background checks. I just want to check manually.
    (or add intervals e.g every 1/2/4/12/24 hours)