[App][4.0+] Theftie - Find my phone

Search This thread

Xieon1

Nov 13, 2012
Boston
[Help]

Sorry the thread was TLDR for this situation.

I installed Theftie, and now I can't get back in.

I'm stuck on the locked screen. If I try too many pins it locks me out for 15 minutes. The web commands don't work, and neither do the SMS commands.

When I try to e-mail the pin to my accounts (2 of them) it fails each time.

One other thing: When I'm in the theftie app there are a TON of SMS commands, of which I don't remember, however when you go to the web control center there are only a few.

If someone could either:
A) Help me get out of this situation or
B) Upload all the theftie sms commands. No need to type/copy them, just take a screen shot.

Thanks, I've spent the last few hours trying to find my stolen phone (which I did) and now I have another problem....I can't get in.

There has to be a way to fix this since I have physical access to the phone. ADB isn't working right now, but I could boot into recovery, and possibly a zip file I could flash that would either remove this app, or at least nuke it so I can remove it

Sch4lk3r

Nov 7, 2013
Hamburg
steamcommunity.com
10530720_620724938035102_7395321136748787871_n.jpg

10488238_620724474701815_449482854500557802_n.png

10527813_620725008035095_4988073253120499692_n.png

10437494_620725128035083_1942305017517698084_n.png

10530837_620725118035084_5984067770410311804_n.png

hello,

very useful app
with this app my best friend got his device back (he is an idiot i installed it :D )

so he like to spend some money in it and i sayed him do it!

so we saw in the playstore there were in app purchases, but i can't find it ?!??!
any help?

thanks

atenrok

Sep 12, 2008
I've just installed theftie and so far dont see much benefits comparing to apps I used before (lookout, prey), perhaps som eone can point these out for me. I am kind of upset that I need to use a google account to manage it though. I'd prefer to not mix those things.

The question is can I track track my device location without triggering the "missing" mode? So far I wasnt able to figure out how to do it using their web interface.

Muskinjola

Jun 24, 2013
Bangalore
locked my phone!!

theftie has locked my phone showing "the device is locked by its owner".
wtf i'am the owner this mobile i didnt lock this
i clicked unlock button it asks for pin code the clicked forgot pin, it sent a mail of unlock code to my mail id ...but the unlock code wa blank

it says lock by theftie. report phone lost to
[email protected]
IMEI: 911304254571973

i had also reported to "[email protected]"
no response yet!!

please help me to unlock my phone
there are very important imformation of mine... its been lock from yesterday!!

Attachments

• IMG_20141103_000335.jpg
    IMG_20141103_000335.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 272

methuselah

• Aug 25, 2011
    theftie has locked my phone showing "the device is locked by its owner".
    wtf i'am the owner this mobile i didnt lock this
    i clicked unlock button it asks for pin code the clicked forgot pin, it sent a mail of unlock code to my mail id ...but the unlock code wa blank

it says lock by theftie. report phone lost to
    [email protected]
    IMEI:

i had also reported to "[email protected]"
    no response yet!!

please help me to unlock my phone
    there are very important imformation of mine... its been lock from yesterday!!

Are you gone mad posting your imei number over here. Either pm the developer and delete your post by editing or call a mod to delete this post. Do not post such crucial info on public areas.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

sachinphogat

Sep 30, 2014
    Delhi
    Theftie hide from app drawer problem

I have Installed Thefitie app and also xposed module. I selected the option to hide it from my app drawer. But as soon i hide it hide for only few seconds and then again started visible. Please help as soon as possible..thnx in advance.

oleg77

Feb 2, 2011
    Are you gone mad posting your imei number over here. Either pm the developer and delete your post by editing or call a mod to delete this post. Do not post such crucial info on public areas.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Don't forget you have quoted this number too ;) erase it, maybe the guy will realise his mistake

Last edited:

philipchoynb

Sep 9, 2013
    Hi, happy new year to everyone!
    I have a question... yesterday I installed theftie into my new rooted phone, I did everything which is necessary, activate it in xposed and reboot then I converted it to system app. I set master pin and made every setting to secure my phone, it seems like everything ok...
    But this morning, I wanted to make some changes on theftie, I tap on the it's icon then it launch the panel which asked me to key in my master pin and then I key in my master pin... then the theftie app just closed up and it's icon on my app drawer disappeared...
    Now I can not access the theftie at all

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
    Paris
    www.baole.org
    The application is just suspended by Google from Google Play. They also blocked Google Plus login so you are no longer access to your web console. In the mean time, please remove the app from your device or you will be locked by Theftie app. Here is an email from Google

This is a notification that your Google Play Publisher account has been terminated.

REASON FOR TERMINATION: Prior violations of the Content Policy and Developer Distribution Agreement by this or associated accounts as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address(es) of the Publisher account(s).

Please note that Google Play Publisher suspensions are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. If you feel we have made an error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this termination.

Do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

The Google Play Team

I contacted Google for this issue and waiting for response.

Last edited:
    Reactions: shawek

vivelafrance

Sep 28, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The application is just suspended by Google from Google Play. They also blocked Google Plus login so you are no longer access to your web console. In the mean time, please remove the app from your device or you will be locked by Theftie app. Here is an email from Google
    I contacted Google for this issue and waiting for response.
    Tu pourrais peut-être en profiter pour répondre à ma question plus haut, non??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      10494848_620760801364849_5686268489473241473_n.png

Theftie: lock, locate, track, rescue data on your lost phone, stolen phone or misplaced Android, and takes thief's selfie when suspects.

A great feature of Theftie is its ability to send your data to your Google Drive in case you lost your phone.

How it works
      ► Prevent: detect unauthorized access to phone and immediately lock down the device, capture a theftie and send to your email.
      ► Catch: get thefties and locate your device in realtime. Make it easy to communicate with the person who holds the device.
      ► Rescue data: retrieve your texts, photos or documents from the lost device right on your Google Drive.

Download
      - Xposed: http://repo.xposed.info/module/net.theftie
      - Google Play: Theftie

Support
      http://www.theftie.net/support
      https://plus.google.com/communities/109540620625296651956

Features
      ☆ Auto-lock when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
      ☆ Auto-theftie (capture photo) when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
      ☆ Find my phone: easily locate your device on your PC with maps
      ☆ Lost mode: Lock devices, start tracking locations, capture photo
      ☆ Rescue data: upload apps/folders to your Google Drive in case you lost your device.
      ☆ Find phone by making it ring/vibrate
      ☆ Find phone using GPS location
      ☆ Remote control via web/SMS command
      ☆ Passcode protection to prevent unauthorized app changes
      ☆ Notification of changed SIM card or phone number
      ☆ No battery drain

Advances
      ☆ Remotely lock device
      ☆ Remotely wipe SD card
      ☆ Remotely wipe phone data
      ☆ Prevent app from being uninstalled
      ☆ Hide the app icon

Xposed dedicated features
      ☆ Grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission in order to toggle GPS, disable ADB, Developer mode, Unknown source apps in lost mode

Remote commands:
      - Locate
      - Send message
      - Lock device
      - Rescue data
      - Dial a number
      - Send SMS
      - Lock
      - Toggle lost mode

Full detail can be found at http://www.theftie.net/manual#sms_commands
      Am I the only one thinking this entire service is really sketchy? How are you able to provide this service for free? How are you making any money? There are no ads and no premium addons. Probably collecting personal data without user consent and selling it out to companies. I'd beware of this app and if you have it already make sure to lock it down with XPrivacy or just get rid of it entirely.

Hi davelee1054,

We are a small team building Android apps. We're working hard to build apps. Please check my profile on XDA forum. Check out term of service/privacy policy. We don't collect personal information for money. We don't force you to login to use it. Several features of the app is still working without login with you Google+.

This app is still in early stage and has bugs. It's free for now, just like many other services do during the early state (Dropbox, Feedly, Google products, etc,...). We don't promise this is 100% free of charge in the future since we should paid for cloud and coffee for my team.

Cheer,
      Hi. I would have a suggestion. How about Pushbullet support?
      That way you could enter the command that you would send over SMS like for example "*Theftie*<PIN>*command*parameters*" in you browser and send it using Pushbullet to you phone! :)

Thanks!

Great suggestion. A Chrome extension may be good
      Am I the only one thinking this entire service is really sketchy? How are you able to provide this service for free? How are you making any money? There are no ads and no premium addons. Probably collecting personal data without user consent and selling it out to companies. I'd beware of this app and if you have it already make sure to lock it down with XPrivacy or just get rid of it entirely.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone