• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App][4.0+] True Phone - Best Dialer & Contact manager replacement

Search This thread

nxb

Aug 19, 2010
Call recording only gets one side on my V20. :(

Just found out about the magisk module. I installed the module and it removed truephone and I had to re-install again. Good things I backed up my settings.....

Last edited:

nishanloshan

Mar 31, 2021
[App][4.0+] True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder

True Phone
has arrived to replace your stock dialer and contact manager and bring your dialing experience to the next level!
It's the only one dialer app with full contact management support available for Android!

Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to minimize number of unnecessary elements to save space for useful content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation. True Phone supports themes as well.

Fast, convenient and easy-to-use phone app powered by Full-screen photos, many different styles of Caller ID and Ongoing call screen, built-in Call Recorder, extended Dual SIM support and so on! Just try it and you will forget about any other phone apps or Google Phone mods forever!

Why True Phone?
- Customizable appearance of incoming/ongoing call screens
- Large or full-screen photos, caller id
- Built-it call recorder (install our magisk-module to record from line https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-magisk-1.zip)
- Simple one-hand navigation, all controls designed to always be under your fingers
- Extended Dual SIM support
- Fast, smooth, intuitive and convenient
- Innovative and Extremely easy way to edit your contacts, full support of all contact fields
- Contact optimization, prevents any kind of duplication
- Groups editing
- Quick favorites access
- Customizable interface and built-in theme manager

Best T9 dialer, ever
- Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
- Smart recent calls grouping
- Multiple language support
- Clean and convenient navigation
- Modern and customizable design
- Themes support

Powerful contact manager
- View and edit your contacts in one place
- Easily create new contacts on specific account
- Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
- View desired contact information
- Easily contact your friends on social networks
- Easily link your similar contacts
- Import / export your contacts from one place to another
- Share your contacts as text or vCard
- Create and edit contact groups
- Organize your favorites
- Easily access functions you need right now

True Phone is completely free. No restrictions of app features.
Try it now and let us make it even better.

For NON Market users: Latest version: 2.0.12
For Market users: Google Play

Want to translate the app?

Join our project at crowdin.net
so nice. also does it require root?

nxb

Aug 19, 2010
With the magisk module both sides record, even though the app had root before. The stub grants some additional permissions I think.

I don't think it originally needed any module for it until recent versions.

christiebunny

Dec 25, 2012
Using 2.0.16, and have no voicemail notifications at all, unless google phone is my default dialer. When true phone is, the only time I know I have voicemail, is if I reboot. (And I can't even open google phone to view any voicemail, unless I make it default first)

Rooted, Magisk, True Phone 2.0.16 from the play store. (Pixel 3XL running android 9.0)

Any idea how I can fix this? (Ideally, I'd like to disable google's phone app completely)

Last edited:

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Hi, i would like to request a feature if possible.
Im using the op7 pro's native recording. I answer the call, then click record on tp, then it takes me to the op's call screen, then i hit record and it works. To check my recordings, i go to the op phone app, settings, call recordings and they are there.

No my issue is when i forget to record a call that i need to record. I know i can record all calls, but thats too much since i get many many calls.

I was thinking, is there a way to add an option when answering.
Now when answering, i swipe right or left or up to accept, reject, or message

Is there a way to add accept and record to the options.

If so, once i swipe accept and record, will it be possible for it to start automatically without me needing to click on the record option on the op's call screen.

Cheers

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Request to fix this bug..
Hello dear sir @exisapps

Description:
Long time bug causes Contacts to disappear.

I don't use cloud based services to store my contacts but I use the offline method to import/export my contacts to/from a saved .vcf file.

Steps to reproduce the bug: It's weird but this what makes it;
Logout an Google account from Device Settings > Accounts, then re-login.
Now head to TruePhone > Contacts and then I see all my contacts have GONE.
Now I have to restore them from the backup .vcf file like every time.

Note: I had reported this bug before but didn't knw how to reproduce the bug at that time, but since now I've all the accurate info to report then please fix it as soon as possible in the next releases.
Thanks.

In short :
When I add/remove andeor login/logout to any accout on my device (i.e Whatsapp, google...) TF decides to forget my locally saved contacts and shows this screen

Screenshot_20210625-081438387.jpg

so every time I've to restore them again from my saved backup vcf file.

Last edited:

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yes.
So probably in True Phone you could select to use the local contact database instead of the Google account contacts...
I'm sorry but u don't seem to understand my problem so well.
My problem is that; it's weird behavior and a possible bug that after every time I logout/add/remove any of the accounts (i.e google, whatsapp..) on my device, TF decides to forget all my locally saved contacts and then I've to restore them back again.

spicynitin

Jun 4, 2014
INDIA
This can be used as an alternative to record calls since it doesn't generate call recording warding at both ends. However the recorded audio quality of other person is not that good. Beside this, In India True Caller will rule as a default dialer as of now considering this offers spam identification based on true algorithm

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
I'm sorry but u don't seem to understand my problem so well.
My problem is that; it's weird behavior and a possible bug that after every time I logout/add/remove any of the accounts (i.e google, whatsapp..) on my device, TF decides to forget all my locally saved contacts and then I've to restore them back again.
But if just after the restore you can see all your contacts in the phone stock Contacts app (obviously selecting My device as the contact database source), the problem is to select the correct contact database to use in True Phone (not Google's!).
Otherwise, if you can't see your contacts in the local device database, then you're using some wrong setting or procedure somewhere.

Anyway, I see all my contacts stored in my local phone database (not Google), so True Phone has no problems...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have started using this app in place of exDailer and liking it alot.

Small request:
    1. Can you please look into providing a unlock app along with IAP? So that it can be shared with family group.

Also I don't see Whatsapp info in contact card only shows Duo and Telegram. Am I missing anything in settings?
    [App][4.0+] True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder

True Phone
    has arrived to replace your stock dialer and contact manager and bring your dialing experience to the next level!
    It's the only one dialer app with full contact management support available for Android!

Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to minimize number of unnecessary elements to save space for useful content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation. True Phone supports themes as well.

Fast, convenient and easy-to-use phone app powered by Full-screen photos, many different styles of Caller ID and Ongoing call screen, built-in Call Recorder, extended Dual SIM support and so on! Just try it and you will forget about any other phone apps or Google Phone mods forever!

Why True Phone?
    - Customizable appearance of incoming/ongoing call screens
    - Large or full-screen photos, caller id
    - Built-it call recorder (install our magisk-module to record from line https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-magisk-1.zip)
    - Simple one-hand navigation, all controls designed to always be under your fingers
    - Fast, smooth, intuitive and convenient
    - Innovative and Extremely easy way to edit your contacts, full support of all contact fields
    - Contact optimization, prevents any kind of duplication
    - Groups editing
    - Quick favorites access
    - Customizable interface and built-in theme manager

Best T9 dialer, ever
    - Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
    - Smart recent calls grouping
    - Multiple language support
    - Clean and convenient navigation
    - Modern and customizable design
    - Themes support

Powerful contact manager
    - View and edit your contacts in one place
    - Easily create new contacts on specific account
    - Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
    - View desired contact information
    - Easily contact your friends on social networks
    - Easily link your similar contacts
    - Import / export your contacts from one place to another
    - Share your contacts as text or vCard
    - Create and edit contact groups
    - Organize your favorites
    - Easily access functions you need right now

True Phone is completely free. No restrictions of app features.
    Try it now and let us make it even better.

For NON Market users: Latest version: 2.0.12
    For Market users: Google Play

Want to translate the app?

Join our project at crowdin.net
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 30, 2020
    Download

* Added Auto Redial panel option
    * Added Auto Redial button. It will appear automatically on ongoing calls instead of some other disabled buttons. You can also add it manually via ongoing call screen buttons settings
    * Removed duplication of Nickname for contacts without name but with nick
    * Added 5G networks support
    * Added optional photo filter for incoming/ongoing call screens to adjust brightness/contrast/saturation of photos
    * Other minor changes
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 26, 2020
    Download

* All popup menus are now more rounded
    * Removed any duplicated job info for contacts with no name but organization
    * Added voicemail notifications
    * Added VoLTE indication during calls
    * Completely reworked Quick responses settings
    * Added option to change the appearance of Incoming call popup notification
    * Fixed/Adjusted some animations
    * Changed navigation bar color to exactly match the theme
    * Fixed various issues
    This thread is pretty quiet...
    Also: exisapps Last Activity was 14th August 2018 12:15 AM :confused::confused::confused:
    We're back to work since 2020 ^) Great update with a lot of fixes and complete in-call/incoming call UI is coming soon.
    Bunch of previews available on youtube
    https://youtu.be/RAg5YtUXSYQ
    https://youtu.be/_y7oIh5Glec
    https://youtu.be/sMF1rtPB0mc
    https://youtu.be/7F4uZiR27QA
    https://youtu.be/HBHUug7x7Iw
    Hi everyone!
    True Phone 2.0.2 is now live on Google Play :good: