• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][4.0+] True Phone - Best Dialer & Contact manager replacement

Search This thread

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hi, Anyone know the option to disable full screen caller (instead of notification) when we are using other apps?

In Google dialer we have option to get only notification when we are using other apps.

Thanks.

Hi, Anyone know the option to disable full screen caller (instead of notification) when we are using other apps?

In Google dialer we have option to get only notification when we are using other apps.

Thanks.
Tried here?
Settings, Incoming/ongoing calls, True Phone call screens (off).
Results in only a small window when called.

rysson_

Mar 31, 2018
Is there any chance of duo integration as samsung have done on their dialer?
Very good question, and still is hot.

Plus feature requests:
- add google duo to fast function (with duo icon, general video icon or general external cannection icon)
- add fast function "last connection" to recall using last kind of connection: phone, duo, whatever was last

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
I'm missing the option of Google Phone to announce the caller ID also when using only the smartphone.
In True Phone I found only the option to announce the caller ID when bluetooth or wired headsets are in use.

Please add this feature.
Thanks

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
@exisapps I would like to know more about the recent change "Group ringtones reworked".

Actually ONE of my personal ringtones cannot be associated anymore on a group.
The group shows the "note" simbol on the right but if I check any contact on that group it reports "default" (actually in italian :) )
Other contacts in different groups reports [email protected]
Is that change related to some kind of automatic ringtone assignment when a contact is added to the group?

BTW, this group isn't on my Google's account but on Exchange.
May I have to send you a debug just after trying to associate the ringtone?

@exisapps The problem seems related to the Label/group name! It's the default one "Coworkers", translated in Italian as "Collaboratori" in True Phone.
In my Exchange contact I have created the category "Collaboratori" to let it be merged in TP with the same label available into Google Contacts.
As a temporary solution I have created a personal label with the same name on Exchange and Google Contacts and now TP is able to assign the ringtone.

I just would like to remark again that this problem started with the "new group ringtone"... :(
@exisapps About 6 months passed and the problem is still unresolved... I'm running v2.0.17 released on 14/07/2021...
BTW: are you still active? ...your Last seen is Apr 3, 2021

Reactions: rysson_

Jaeger_S2k

Jan 4, 2015
Thornton Cleveleys
I'm a huge fan.
I don't know how the blacklist works but I have tried this dialler https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.shouldianswer.
I prefer True Phone but this spam filtering should I answer is pretty cool.
Is there any chance the 2 apps can cooperate and bring the best of both together or at least become compatible.
I've tried running both but they knock heads and cause issues.
I'd like to see do I answer handling the filtering and reporting of spam then pass the call to True Caller or however it would be best.
Maybe True Phone answers passes for filtering and is passed if it's a real call back to True Phone?

pegasoc

I'm a huge fan.
I don't know how the blacklist works but I have tried this dialler https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.shouldianswer.
I prefer True Phone but this spam filtering should I answer is pretty cool.
Is there any chance the 2 apps can cooperate and bring the best of both together or at least become compatible.
I've tried running both but they knock heads and cause issues.
I'd like to see do I answer handling the filtering and reporting of spam then pass the call to True Caller or however it would be best.
Maybe True Phone answers passes for filtering and is passed if it's a real call back to True Phone?
Hi,
this app looks very interesting, have you already tried to give permissions to read the caller ID?

Jaeger_S2k

Jan 4, 2015
Thornton Cleveleys
Hi,
this app looks very interesting, have you already tried to give permissions to read the caller ID?
Permission to which one?
Don't know or remember, it was a try of both from last year.
Every time I add to Blacklist in TruePhone, I think of Should I answer. Mainly because I'm not sure what Black List does and how effective it is, I remember how good Should I answer does what it does.

pegasoc

Permission to which one?
Don't know or remember, it was a try of both from last year.
Every time I add to Blacklist in TruePhone, I think of Should I answer. Mainly because I'm not sure what Black List does and how effective it is, I remember how good Should I answer does what it does.
I have installed the app on my device now I am waiting for a telemarketing call and see how it works.... I've never waited so long for a spam call as I have now. ahahahahahahahah

Regarding the permissions I mentioned before, I read in their documentation that you have to grant the app permissions to read the call ID so that the call received by the dailer goes through this app so that it can recognize it and possibly block it. From what I understand, with the right permissions, it would act as a filter between the phone call we receive and our deiler that we have installed.

Reactions: Jaeger_S2k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Replying to this old message from July.

I have the same issue with True Phone call recording. The voice of the other person is really low while mine is fine. You say that it's fine with root but how can I trigger True Phone to ask me for root access? It never did.
    Read the OP until the end to find the link to the Magisk module.
    [App][4.0+] True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder

True Phone
    has arrived to replace your stock dialer and contact manager and bring your dialing experience to the next level!
    It's the only one dialer app with full contact management support available for Android!

Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to minimize number of unnecessary elements to save space for useful content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation. True Phone supports themes as well.

Fast, convenient and easy-to-use phone app powered by Full-screen photos, many different styles of Caller ID and Ongoing call screen, built-in Call Recorder, extended Dual SIM support and so on! Just try it and you will forget about any other phone apps or Google Phone mods forever!

Why True Phone?
    - Customizable appearance of incoming/ongoing call screens
    - Large or full-screen photos, caller id
    - Built-it call recorder (install our magisk-module to record from line https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-magisk-1.zip)
    - Simple one-hand navigation, all controls designed to always be under your fingers
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Fast, smooth, intuitive and convenient
    - Innovative and Extremely easy way to edit your contacts, full support of all contact fields
    - Contact optimization, prevents any kind of duplication
    - Groups editing
    - Quick favorites access
    - Customizable interface and built-in theme manager

Best T9 dialer, ever
    - Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
    - Smart recent calls grouping
    - Multiple language support
    - Clean and convenient navigation
    - Modern and customizable design
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Themes support

Powerful contact manager
    - View and edit your contacts in one place
    - Easily create new contacts on specific account
    - Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
    - View desired contact information
    - Easily contact your friends on social networks
    - Easily link your similar contacts
    - Import / export your contacts from one place to another
    - Share your contacts as text or vCard
    - Create and edit contact groups
    - Organize your favorites
    - Easily access functions you need right now

True Phone is completely free. No restrictions of app features.
    Try it now and let us make it even better.

For NON Market users: Latest version: 2.0.12
    For Market users: Google Play

Want to translate the app?

Join our project at crowdin.net
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 26, 2020
    Download

* All popup menus are now more rounded
    * Removed any duplicated job info for contacts with no name but organization
    * Added voicemail notifications
    * Added VoLTE indication during calls
    * Completely reworked Quick responses settings
    * Added option to change the appearance of Incoming call popup notification
    * Fixed/Adjusted some animations
    * Changed navigation bar color to exactly match the theme
    * Fixed various issues
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 30, 2020
    Download

* Added Auto Redial panel option
    * Added Auto Redial button. It will appear automatically on ongoing calls instead of some other disabled buttons. You can also add it manually via ongoing call screen buttons settings
    * Removed duplication of Nickname for contacts without name but with nick
    * Added 5G networks support
    * Added optional photo filter for incoming/ongoing call screens to adjust brightness/contrast/saturation of photos
    * Other minor changes
    This thread is pretty quiet...
    Also: exisapps Last Activity was 14th August 2018 12:15 AM :confused::confused::confused:
    We're back to work since 2020 ^) Great update with a lot of fixes and complete in-call/incoming call UI is coming soon.
    Bunch of previews available on youtube
    https://youtu.be/RAg5YtUXSYQ
    https://youtu.be/_y7oIh5Glec
    https://youtu.be/sMF1rtPB0mc
    https://youtu.be/7F4uZiR27QA
    https://youtu.be/HBHUug7x7Iw
    Hi everyone!
    True Phone 2.0.2 is now live on Google Play :good: