• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][4.0+] True Phone - Best Dialer & Contact manager replacement

Search This thread

asms5583

Apr 26, 2016
please make call history easy to get it from recent calls not from cantact i cant know call history for unknowen numbers thanks
Screenshot_20211106-122817_True Phone.jpg

Silvarro

Apr 6, 2019
Can I use Google for caller identification, seeing as True Phone doesn't have its own one?

And did the creator release a newer version lately? I don't mind if it's beta or not. I love true phone and I want to test the app.

tomiasx22

Feb 4, 2020
First, the app is awesome. I used RocketDial for years (I recovered it from backups, because it's not available for long time). And now I've found good alternative. After week I'm sure, it's much better then RacketDial.
It's so good, that I purchased even if I didn't see any ad at all :)

I have a few questions / suggestions. Maybe I'll ask one per one (or a few for similar ideas).

1. How can I export and import blacklist?

2. It's possible to mark blacklisted numbers on dial history? Ex. some small overlay icon (like diagonal line). Best if there will be an checkbox.

Regards!

I think the same, app is really really good. And I have exactly same to notes to improve - it should be possible to import/export only blacklist contacts AND:
Blacklist numbers should either be in any way signed (so that when you look at history of "missed calls" you would not wonder if to call back or not...) or it should be possible not to display them in latest history of calls.

rysson_

Mar 31, 2018
Blacklist numbers should either be in any way signed (so that when you look at history of "missed calls" you would not wonder if to call back or not...) or it should be possible not to display them in latest history of calls.

Or both :) Good idea.
Many options is good way for me.

I'm afraid the project is abandoned by developers now. I hope I'm wrong.

ergalle2

Mar 4, 2013
Hi, when i want to record a call, everytime i have the popup telling me that i have to enable the True Phone option... i enable it and i can record the call but the next time i try to record a call the option is disabled again.

What is happening?

Garfield1970

May 4, 2005
Bascharage
Hello everyone
I've been using TruePhone for years and can't really imagine how to live without it mainly because of its additional Dual-Sim Functionality . Payed for the ad-free version of course and currently runninv v 2.0.17 rev 117 on my Galaxy A52s

First of all , thank you for your continued efforts to keep this app operational an bring new features , highly appreciated :)

But , I have a small question regarding to Bluetooth functionality

When I start a call from my car radio , Audio is no longer routed thru the car speakers by default . I have to long-press the bluetooth button and select the handsfree to switch the audio over .

I don't know when that stopped working , if it was with a version Update of True-Phone , or when I bought my smartwatch ( which can serve as hands-free too ) or when I changed my phone from my old trusty A8 2018 to the new A52S .

What I have checked :

- When I'm in the car, the car system is connected for Calls and audio and the watch is simply "connected"
- When I'm not in the car, I can see the watch connected for Calls

Now for the question .....

Is there any way to tell True-Phone to ALWAYS route Audio via Bluetooth when a bluetooth device is connected for "calls" ?
Ideally with the option of setting a device priority when multiple are connected ?

Cheers ,
Claude

Garfield1970

May 4, 2005
Bascharage
Hi again :)

Reporting back after some testing .....

1) Doesn't matter if I use stock dialer or True Phone , behaviour is the same , so I guess it's not a True Phone problem :)

Here's the outcome ->

If only the Car is connected
- works as expected , Audio is routed to Car Radio as default when placing or answering a call

If only the Watch is connected
- works as expected , Audio is routed to Car Radio as default when placing or answering a call
- Audio is kept on phone when I place or answer a Call from the phone

When both the Car and the Watch are connected
- Audio is routed to Watch when I place or answer a Call from the watch
- Audio is kept on phone when I place or answer a Call from the car radio
- Audio is kept on phone when I place or answer a Call from the phone
- Long Press on Bluetooth button in True Phone allows me to switch Audio to car

I'm currently playing around with Automate to disconnected ( at least partially ) the watch when the car connects , but no luck until now

Anyone got a suggestion for me ?

Cheers and have a nice weekend ,
Claude

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
- Audio is kept on phone when I place or answer a Call from the car radio

That behavior is not correct, and actually doesn't occur in my case:
- Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra
- Huawei Talkband B6
- Volvo Sensus Navigation

But actually the Talkband B6 is a smart headset and it's operative only when the earpiece is extracted from the frame, so this could matter.

Which is your car radio?

MaXAiRO

Android restrict call recording and True Phone must "hear" your speaker (not earpieces) to record something, root can overcome this restriction.
Replying to this old message from July.

I have the same issue with True Phone call recording. The voice of the other person is really low while mine is fine. You say that it's fine with root but how can I trigger True Phone to ask me for root access? It never did.

marciozomb13

Apr 30, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Samsung Galaxy A51
Replying to this old message from July.

I have the same issue with True Phone call recording. The voice of the other person is really low while mine is fine. You say that it's fine with root but how can I trigger True Phone to ask me for root access? It never did.
Read the OP until the end to find the link to the Magisk module.

Reactions: MaXAiRO

Garfield1970

May 4, 2005
Bascharage
That behavior is not correct, and actually doesn't occur in my case:
- Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra
- Huawei Talkband B6
- Volvo Sensus Navigation

But actually the Talkband B6 is a smart headset and it's operative only when the earpiece is extracted from the frame, so this could matter.

Which is your car radio?
Seat Media System ( Plus I believe ) 2018 ...
Huawei Watch GT2
Samsung Galaxy A52S

I'll run two more tests
- Check the behaviour on my VW Sharan ( RNS315 )
- Check the behaviour when I'm connected thru Android Auto ( I suspect it might work correctly then , but that's not a real help as I don't always want to plug in that cable ... )

Cheers,
Claude

Last edited:

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
I'm currently playing around with Automate to disconnected ( at least partially ) the watch when the car connects , but no luck until now

Anyone got a suggestion for me ?

Long time ago I've done some testing using Bluetooth Auto Connect v4.6.5 by UniqTec
Unfortunately this app is no more on the store and seems to be stolen by someone else... On APKmirror is available and in the description there is still references to UniqTec.
There are more recent version but not from this guy (I know and trust him for Task&Note) and honestly I will not suggest you to try the most recent version!! v4.7.0 is from UniqTec but is "pro", starting with v5.0 is from someone else!
On my Motorola Moto G5 plus I wasn't able to solve the problem definitely, but you may want to give v4.6.5 a try!

CBONE

Aug 29, 2008
Safe to assume this app is abandoned? 😡 Annoying. This app is great. Only problem is it doesn't get voicemail.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
Safe to assume this app is abandoned? This app is great. Only problem is it doesn't get voicemail.
what version are you running? the latest is from 12 July 2021 - less than 5 months old.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-104446_True_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20211203-104446_True_Phone.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

dionysos77

Jan 19, 2007
Seat Media System ( Plus I believe ) 2018 ...
Huawei Watch GT2
Samsung Galaxy A52S

I'll run two more tests
- Check the behaviour on my VW Sharan ( RNS315 )
- Check the behaviour when I'm connected thru Android Auto ( I suspect it might work correctly then , but that's not a real help as I don't always want to plug in that cable ... )

Cheers,
Claude
The problem is about HW GT2, I had the same problem with the samsung phone. I've thread about it. There are some solutions suggested for GT2 user (I'm moved to samsung gwa2)
but that thread of mine may help you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A good alternative phone app. After a few weeks try this true phone, I decided to pay for ad-free.
    [App][4.0+] True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder

True Phone
    has arrived to replace your stock dialer and contact manager and bring your dialing experience to the next level!
    It's the only one dialer app with full contact management support available for Android!

Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to minimize number of unnecessary elements to save space for useful content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation. True Phone supports themes as well.

Fast, convenient and easy-to-use phone app powered by Full-screen photos, many different styles of Caller ID and Ongoing call screen, built-in Call Recorder, extended Dual SIM support and so on! Just try it and you will forget about any other phone apps or Google Phone mods forever!

Why True Phone?
    - Customizable appearance of incoming/ongoing call screens
    - Large or full-screen photos, caller id
    - Built-it call recorder (install our magisk-module to record from line https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-magisk-1.zip)
    - Simple one-hand navigation, all controls designed to always be under your fingers
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Fast, smooth, intuitive and convenient
    - Innovative and Extremely easy way to edit your contacts, full support of all contact fields
    - Contact optimization, prevents any kind of duplication
    - Groups editing
    - Quick favorites access
    - Customizable interface and built-in theme manager

Best T9 dialer, ever
    - Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
    - Smart recent calls grouping
    - Multiple language support
    - Clean and convenient navigation
    - Modern and customizable design
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Themes support

Powerful contact manager
    - View and edit your contacts in one place
    - Easily create new contacts on specific account
    - Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
    - View desired contact information
    - Easily contact your friends on social networks
    - Easily link your similar contacts
    - Import / export your contacts from one place to another
    - Share your contacts as text or vCard
    - Create and edit contact groups
    - Organize your favorites
    - Easily access functions you need right now

True Phone is completely free. No restrictions of app features.
    Try it now and let us make it even better.

For NON Market users: Latest version: 2.0.12
    For Market users: Google Play

Want to translate the app?

Join our project at crowdin.net
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 26, 2020
    Download

* All popup menus are now more rounded
    * Removed any duplicated job info for contacts with no name but organization
    * Added voicemail notifications
    * Added VoLTE indication during calls
    * Completely reworked Quick responses settings
    * Added option to change the appearance of Incoming call popup notification
    * Fixed/Adjusted some animations
    * Changed navigation bar color to exactly match the theme
    * Fixed various issues
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 30, 2020
    Download

* Added Auto Redial panel option
    * Added Auto Redial button. It will appear automatically on ongoing calls instead of some other disabled buttons. You can also add it manually via ongoing call screen buttons settings
    * Removed duplication of Nickname for contacts without name but with nick
    * Added 5G networks support
    * Added optional photo filter for incoming/ongoing call screens to adjust brightness/contrast/saturation of photos
    * Other minor changes
    This thread is pretty quiet...
    Also: exisapps Last Activity was 14th August 2018 12:15 AM :confused::confused::confused:
    We're back to work since 2020 ^) Great update with a lot of fixes and complete in-call/incoming call UI is coming soon.
    Bunch of previews available on youtube
    https://youtu.be/RAg5YtUXSYQ
    https://youtu.be/_y7oIh5Glec
    https://youtu.be/sMF1rtPB0mc
    https://youtu.be/7F4uZiR27QA
    https://youtu.be/HBHUug7x7Iw
    Hi everyone!
    True Phone 2.0.2 is now live on Google Play :good: