[App][4.0+] True Phone - Best Dialer & Contact manager replacement

Search This thread

Wrapp

Oct 20, 2010
Is there an option which automatically selects Sim1 or Sim2 on a DualSim phone when connected to bluetooth?
I was hoping Dual Sim->System Integration->Only Bluetooth will do that, but it doesn't work on my OnePlus 5t. I asked the developer via the build-in feedback option, but got no reply...

Thanks

Sorry for bringing that up again. Nobody any idea...?

dejan16v

Jan 29, 2012
Belgrade
My experience with bluetooth in car for making calls:
- if I have chosen contact which is assigned in Sim contact association works fine!
- if contact is not using Sim contact association it waits for me to choose Sim
This can be overcomed by setting default sim for calls!

Wrapp

Oct 20, 2010
Thank you very much for answering.
I think this is a misunderstanding.
I always like to have the sim selection dialog when I'm calling (no automatic sim selection).

But when I'm connected to my cars hand free (Bluetooth) the app should automatically select sim1 since the car handsfree cannot answer the sim selection dialog and the call fails.

But if i understand correctly, i can associate a sim for each contact. If i select "Bluetooth only" it will use the association, if not i will get the dialog. I will test today!

Thanks again for the great app and your support.

Last edited:

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....System Integration -> Bluetooth only ... all sim association rules will apply only when Bluetooth is currently active....
i like the new 'timer in hangup button' feature. could you consider removing the timer at the top? thanks for this great app.

Screenshot_20200404-122636.jpg

Wrapp

Oct 20, 2010
Comming back to my my bluetooth problem, I found a solution.

In DualSim I set
-Standard Sim : Always ask

I'm connected to my cars handsfree bluetooth and I set the option

System Integration (Apply sim associations to all outgoing calls on system level)
--> On Bluetooth only --> I still get the Sim selection dialog
--> Except Bluetooth --> TruePhone automatically selects SIm1 , which is set in the Andoird settings (this is the system level, right?) when calling from handsfree and gives the dialog when callling from mobile directly

Except Bluetooth behaviour is exactly what I want.

Could it be that the meaning of this setting is simply swapped??

Anyway, I can life with that. This makes TP my perfect calling solution.

Last edited:

trveller72

Nov 2, 2009
Dublin
OnePlus X
Nokia 7 Plus
Sure I can, but it's quite too big, so there is no point to post it at all.
We're working on incoming / ongoing call screens now, almost all changes are about that.

By the way, new version is out tonight (NOT A JOKE!)
https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-097-2.0.0-ic-2020-03-31-3-prodpubtest.apk
Installing this update will erase your ongoing call screen buttons settings if you already set it up
Reworked ongoing call screen buttons settings - now you're able to change Hangup button too. You can resize and move it wherever you want. Tapping on it will show you additional appearance options.
Added optional Contacts button. You can place it wherever you want on ongoing call screen buttons layout
Added MAX Brightness options. Off be default. Two modes available - system Dark mode (Android 9+) and Custom Schedule.
Bunch of small fixes everywhere and so on ^)
Thank you for continuing to improve this application. I am using it for years.
One thing with the call screens:
My phone is OP7t. When I set to use the TP screens, when I hang up, the TP call screen close, but the OP call screen is still showing for a few seconds. I tried to disable the OP phone app, but then one day, after a restart of the phone, I couldn't answer the calls, or if I was calling, couldn't hang up.
I am not sure if I explained this well, so if you need more details I'll be happy to help.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....Except Bluetooth behaviour is exactly what I want.
Could it be that the meaning of this setting is simply swapped??...
good that you found a solution. here's a screenshot about extended configuration.

True Phone Settings --> Incoming/Outgoing calls --> Ongoing call screen --> Buttons.
Choose grid as per your wish. To configure Hang Up button, tap on it and indulge. :good:

Screenshot_20200404-175004.jpg

Reactions: Wrapp

exisapps

Feb 18, 2012
hamsterbeat.com
i like the new 'timer in hangup button' feature. could you consider removing the timer at the top? thanks for this great app.View attachment 4985901
"Nightly build" April 05, 2020
download

* Completely removed any visual delays when starting the app from any app icon (Phone, Contacts, Favorites) or shortcut
* Removed top text line in Ongoing call screen when Hangup call timer is on
* Added Avatars options (old name Colored Avatars), now it's possible to display 2 first letters instead of one
* Reworked Tabs options - simply review in settings
* Added Default tab option - starting application tab when you start from the main app icon (Phone)
* Fixed freezing bug when answering incoming calls as well as the problem with invalid call duration (e.g. 1h30 minutes from the beginning)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1586048577.jpg
    Screenshot_1586048577.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_1586048585.jpg
    Screenshot_1586048585.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_1586048596.jpg
    Screenshot_1586048596.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_1586048653.jpg
    Screenshot_1586048653.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_1586048800.png
    Screenshot_1586048800.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_1586048882.jpg
    Screenshot_1586048882.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
'undo' brings back everything

"Nightly build" April 05, 2020...Removed top text line in Ongoing call screen when Hangup call timer is on...
:cool:. 'cos your app is so so rich in features, not everything will be noticed immediately. here's another request to help 'improve' usage of your great app. hope you'll not get annoyed by such requests.

in call history, one can delete individual records by swiping right. however, 'undo' brings back everything - not just the last deleted record. if, on clicking the recycle bin icon, there are check boxes and 'select all' option, one could first select all and then un-check the records one needs to keep. thanks.

hbr_in

Oct 30, 2014
unable to set English as default Dialpad Labguage

"Nightly build" April 05, 2020
download

* Completely removed any visual delays when starting the app from any app icon (Phone, Contacts, Favorites) or shortcut
* Removed top text line in Ongoing call screen when Hangup call timer is on
* Added Avatars options (old name Colored Avatars), now it's possible to display 2 first letters instead of one
* Reworked Tabs options - simply review in settings
* Added Default tab option - starting application tab when you start from the main app icon (Phone)
* Fixed freezing bug when answering incoming calls as well as the problem with invalid call duration (e.g. 1h30 minutes from the beginning)

I am trying to set the Dialpad language to English but end up with 1 languages. 1 Russian on Top and English at the bottom. I am trying to set only one language and thats English
Attached are the screenshots of dialpad, and related settings

Let me know how to resolve the same

Attachments

• Dialpad.jpg
    Dialpad.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 134
  • about.jpg
    about.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: tomaasz

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
...if, on clicking the recycle bin icon, there are check boxes and 'select all' option, one could first select all and then un-check the records one needs to keep. thanks.
@exisapps, would it be possible to extend the check-boxes to all the nos. under each contact in 'contacts' tab, so that dead/unwanted nos. can be deleted without entering each contact card separately?

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
I know about that and will move it to the right side soon..
great! i use only 2 lines of info. hope you give option to keep it like where i indicated (and not use an extra line). :good:

also, any way to remove the small square box with initials for 'saved contacts without photo'?

Last edited:

Erel1971

Aug 23, 2007
What a superb and wonderfull app! A paid user for a long time and very happy to see the apps is being developed in a great way! Thnx!! Used it all the time, but now it is even better!

Rogier
The Netherlands

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [App][4.0+] True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder

True Phone
    has arrived to replace your stock dialer and contact manager and bring your dialing experience to the next level!
    It's the only one dialer app with full contact management support available for Android!

Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to minimize number of unnecessary elements to save space for useful content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation. True Phone supports themes as well.

Fast, convenient and easy-to-use phone app powered by Full-screen photos, many different styles of Caller ID and Ongoing call screen, built-in Call Recorder, extended Dual SIM support and so on! Just try it and you will forget about any other phone apps or Google Phone mods forever!

Why True Phone?
    - Customizable appearance of incoming/ongoing call screens
    - Large or full-screen photos, caller id
    - Built-it call recorder (install our magisk-module to record from line https://dl.hambt.com/dialer/hbdialer-magisk-1.zip)
    - Simple one-hand navigation, all controls designed to always be under your fingers
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Fast, smooth, intuitive and convenient
    - Innovative and Extremely easy way to edit your contacts, full support of all contact fields
    - Contact optimization, prevents any kind of duplication
    - Groups editing
    - Quick favorites access
    - Customizable interface and built-in theme manager

Best T9 dialer, ever
    - Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
    - Smart recent calls grouping
    - Multiple language support
    - Clean and convenient navigation
    - Modern and customizable design
    - Extended Dual SIM support
    - Themes support

Powerful contact manager
    - View and edit your contacts in one place
    - Easily create new contacts on specific account
    - Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
    - View desired contact information
    - Easily contact your friends on social networks
    - Easily link your similar contacts
    - Import / export your contacts from one place to another
    - Share your contacts as text or vCard
    - Create and edit contact groups
    - Organize your favorites
    - Easily access functions you need right now

True Phone is completely free. No restrictions of app features.
    Try it now and let us make it even better.

For NON Market users: Latest version: 2.0.12
    For Market users: Google Play

Want to translate the app?

Join our project at crowdin.net
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 26, 2020
    Download

* All popup menus are now more rounded
    * Removed any duplicated job info for contacts with no name but organization
    * Added voicemail notifications
    * Added VoLTE indication during calls
    * Completely reworked Quick responses settings
    * Added option to change the appearance of Incoming call popup notification
    * Fixed/Adjusted some animations
    * Changed navigation bar color to exactly match the theme
    * Fixed various issues
    "Nightly build" 2.0.10 - June 30, 2020
    Download

* Added Auto Redial panel option
    * Added Auto Redial button. It will appear automatically on ongoing calls instead of some other disabled buttons. You can also add it manually via ongoing call screen buttons settings
    * Removed duplication of Nickname for contacts without name but with nick
    * Added 5G networks support
    * Added optional photo filter for incoming/ongoing call screens to adjust brightness/contrast/saturation of photos
    * Other minor changes
    This thread is pretty quiet...
    Also: exisapps Last Activity was 14th August 2018 12:15 AM :confused::confused::confused:
    We're back to work since 2020 ^) Great update with a lot of fixes and complete in-call/incoming call UI is coming soon.
    Bunch of previews available on youtube
    https://youtu.be/RAg5YtUXSYQ
    https://youtu.be/_y7oIh5Glec
    https://youtu.be/sMF1rtPB0mc
    https://youtu.be/7F4uZiR27QA
    https://youtu.be/HBHUug7x7Iw
    Hi everyone!
    True Phone 2.0.2 is now live on Google Play :good: