[App][4.0+] WiFi Saver | Save Battery & Manage Your WiFi - Update 11/2

Search This thread

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
z3wSORD.jpg

WiFi Saver will manage your WiFi & save your battery, by disabling WiFi when it's not connected to a network, and/or when there is no internet connection, with plenty of features to save your battery via WiFI.

Features :
  • Basic Saver.
  • Low Strength Saver .
  • Lock, to enable Mods in Locked Status .
  • Specific Auto Connect .
  • Random Auto Connect .
  • Airplane Mod (Related To Auto Connect ) .
  • Enable WiFi When Unlocked .
  • Disable WiFi When Locked .
  • Basic Timer, to enable & disable WiFi in specific time .
  • Specific Auto Connect Timer, enable & disable mod in specific time.
  • Random Auto Connect Timer, enable & disable mod in specific time.
  • Custom Delay for All
  • Show Network Details .
  • Dark Theme .
  • Ad-Free.

aKzIO44.jpg

Note :
  • If you want to help in translating this app, download the strings.zip, translate between > <.

For More Info,Screenshots, Download, Press the Google Play image :

Check attachments for external mirror, And please .. Do not mirror my files.

To-Be Added :
  • Custom Delay preference, set a different custom delay for every mod .
  • Improve the Basic Saver method .

For Bugs/Requests, post them here .

XDA:DevDB Information
WiFi Saver, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
abo hani

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-01

Created 2016-01-01
Last Updated 2016-01-09

Attachments

• WiFi-Saver.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,368
  • WiFi-Saver-1-1.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 333
  • WiFI-Saver-20.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,761
  • strings.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 517
  • WiFi-Saver-21.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • StringsV21.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 83
  • WiFiSaver-30.apk
    1 MB · Views: 500
  • StringsV30.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
Documentation

*This documentation in English, There's an Arabic version available in my website, ThinkDroid - Press here .

Introduction :
WiFi Saver is an app that control the WiFi, Using this app, you can turn the WiFi and disable it in specific conditions, and in specific time, and in multi-ways, And to make it clear .. the "Main" Saving features are "Basic Saver" and "Low Strength Saver" and the other are optional Mods, that may not apply for " saver " name, but will apply for " WiFi Manager " name, And that's the app .. it's a saver and a manager .

Features Explains :

• Basic Saver
This is the main features of this app, When enabled, a checking alarm will run every 5 minutes ( changeable ) and check for two conditions, One : If WiFi is on and not connected to a network, Two: if connected and there is no internet connection, if it meets one of the conditions it will disable the WiFi .

How to check if there is an internet connection ? : the WiFi is on right?, it will try to connect to the following famous link, this method is the best to check for internet connection and it's well known, the timeout for the connecting test is 7 Seconds, And a note to mention, If you are downloading and taking the full speed, the connecting test may fail .

• Low Strength Saver
A Secondary feature, When enabled, a checking alarm will run every 5 minutes ( changeable ), and check for the following condition : If WiFi Network Strength is less than < 30, if yes it will disable the WiFi, you can know the strength from "Show Network Details".

• Lock, to enable Mods in Locked Status
Here's where the most saving part is, When enabled : Will run the Basic Saver, Low Strength Saver, and Auto Connect even when the device is locked, and when disabled : Will run the mentioned mods only in Unlocked status .
Important Note : Enabled means it will wake up the device for checking, and this will lower the "battery saving", So please don't complain about not saving a lot when you enable this mod .

• Specific Auto Connect
What i personally use, When enabled, it will enable WiFi every 30 minutes ( changeable ) and connect to a specific network ( You Must set it in Network Name preference ) , if it doesn't exist, Or there is no internet connection, the WiFi will be disabled .
You can set up to 3 network names, Finding network timeout is 10 seconds, and checking for internet connection timeout is 5 seconds, the best possible delay .

*Ok, wait .. what if i have set 2 network names, and both of them exist in the same range ?, Easy question, it will try to connect on order, for example, First Network : Bla, Second Network : Blabla, if "Bla" exists and the WiFi is connected to it, it will ignore connecting to the second network, Simple thing .

• Random Auto Connect
Same as the previous mod, But this one won't connect to a specific network .. nope, it will connect to the Strongest, Saved network you have in the range, the conditions apply on this too, if no saved network found to connect to, Or there is no internet connection, it will disable the WiFi, and the delay is the same ( 30 minutes - changeable ) .

• Airplane Mod (Related To Auto Connect )
This Mod is related to Auto Connect, As requested from user, Sometimes the user enable Airplane mod and don't want to enable WiFi at all, So when this mod is enabled, it will disable Auto Connect Mods, and will automatically turn it on again when Airplane Mod is off .

• Enable WiFi When Unlocked
Enable WiFi When Unlocked, Self explained, and needs some notes, it will only turn it on if there's an actual lock, it detects the Unlocking event, So no lock = No Event detecting, In some devices "Swipe" lock can trigger the event .

• Disable WiFi When Locked
Also self explained, and same as above for the "Lock" note, And an important thing to mention, there's a delay, Sometimes the user lock his device accidentally, to prevent this, I've added a delay, after locking the device by 5 minutes, the WiFi will be disabled, this to ensure that locking wasn't "accidentally" .

• Basic Timer
A Simple, Required mod, by this mod you can set a specific time to enable the WiFi, and disable it, This mod won't carry for device status if locked or not, it will follow your time orders *Yay* .

• Specific Auto Connect Timer
This timer is different, it won't do anything to the WiFi, nope .. it will run the "Specific Auto Connect" Mod in specific time, and will disable it in specific time .

• Random Auto Connect Timer
Same as above, but this one will run the "Random Auto Connect" .

• Custom Service Delay
The Custom delay will change the Basic Saver, and Low Strength Saver mods delay ( default is 5 ) .

• Custom Auto Connect Delay
Same as above, but this will effect the Auto Connect mods only .

• Show Network Details
In this simple feature, you can view Connected Network Details : Name, IP (Ipv4), MAC Address, Link Speed, Frequency (API 21+), Strength .

Last edited:

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
Very good my friend, keep your job :D:D. You want to put some option translation? Brazilians will like it.

Gonna provide the strings.xml in the next update.

As requested from me, this will be added :
- Option to disable WiFi after 2/3 minutes when screen goes off .
- Option to disable WiFi based on current time which will be set by the user .

Misc changes :
- Slight edit on the icon .
- fix some typos .

Marília de Oliveira

Nov 11, 2012
Wonderful city of the sun
www.youtube.com

Misc changes :
- fix some typos .

This and very good, I'll be waiting :D:good:

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
This and very good, I'll be waiting :D:good:

I've updated the app, and uploaded the new version here, it will hit the market in 1-2 hours .

Changelog :
- Disable WiFi when locked Mod .
- Enable WiFi Timer .
- Disable WiFi Timer .

Misc Changes :
- Slight edit to the icon .
- Typo edits .

I've included the strings.xml file, check it in the attachments :) .

Reactions: sapnesh

Marília de Oliveira

Nov 11, 2012
Wonderful city of the sun
www.youtube.com
I've updated the app, and uploaded the new version here, it will hit the market in 1-2 hours .

Changelog :
- Disable WiFi when locked Mod .
- Enable WiFi Timer .
- Disable WiFi Timer .

Misc Changes :
- Slight edit to the icon .
- Typo edits .

I've included the strings.xml file, check it in the attachments :) .

I updated here, very good. but send me the file for translation.

Beautiful work :victory:

frajofa

Nov 4, 2009
Tryland
With the "Disable WiFi when locked Mod" it happened to me today to drain my 4G balance because the wifi was in fact disabled when my device was locked, but not reconnected when it was unblocked.
To reconect wifi, it must be done manually. I've done the experience several times. So I do not use any of the 3 new lockers. I've an Huawey Y6 rooted with Kingroot.

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
With the "Disable WiFi when locked Mod" it happened to me today to drain my 4G balance because the wifi was in fact disabled when my device was locked, but not reconnected when it was unblocked.
To reconect wifi, it must be done manually. I've done the experience several times. So I do not use any of the 3 new lockers. I've an Huawey Y6 rooted with Kingroot.

I didn't put an option to "Enable device when unlocked", if u want it in the app, i will work on it .

Reactions: frajofa

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
New update !

Re-coded from scratch .
Re-designed, and added awesome features to manage your WiFi .
less effect on battery now, less alarms .

Update will be available on the store in 3-4 hours, but you can download it from the attachments .

Reactions: samteeee

zshep99

Sep 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
Ive been waiting for a decent app like this for a long time! I plan on downloading it when i get home. I cant wait! I'll update with a review of it later. But from what ive seen so far, it should be a good one! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    z3wSORD.jpg

WiFi Saver will manage your WiFi & save your battery, by disabling WiFi when it's not connected to a network, and/or when there is no internet connection, with plenty of features to save your battery via WiFI.

Features :
    • Basic Saver.
    • Low Strength Saver .
    • Lock, to enable Mods in Locked Status .
    • Specific Auto Connect .
    • Random Auto Connect .
    • Airplane Mod (Related To Auto Connect ) .
    • Enable WiFi When Unlocked .
    • Disable WiFi When Locked .
    • Basic Timer, to enable & disable WiFi in specific time .
    • Specific Auto Connect Timer, enable & disable mod in specific time.
    • Random Auto Connect Timer, enable & disable mod in specific time.
    • Custom Delay for All
    • Show Network Details .
    • Dark Theme .
    • Ad-Free.

aKzIO44.jpg

Note :
    • If you want to help in translating this app, download the strings.zip, translate between > <.

For More Info,Screenshots, Download, Press the Google Play image :

Check attachments for external mirror, And please .. Do not mirror my files.

To-Be Added :
    • Custom Delay preference, set a different custom delay for every mod .
    • Improve the Basic Saver method .

For Bugs/Requests, post them here .

XDA:DevDB Information
    WiFi Saver, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    abo hani

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-01-01

Created 2016-01-01
    Last Updated 2016-01-09
    Thanks to all testers, I've managed to reduce the draining a lot.

The app is now updated, Will be available in the store in 2 days, So basically this is a test version, I've done the following :
    - Solved Alarms looping after being cancelled .
    - Solved Battery Draining .
    - Solved Sometimes Locked/Unlocked Lock Mods being disable after a period of time .
    - Added a custom delay for every Mod .
    - Solved FC in some devices .
    - Fixed FC in Random Auto Connect Mod .
    - Fixed FC in Marshmallow devices when using Auto Connect mods .
    - Fixed crash in Samsung 4.2 Devices .

Test version is in the attachments, Feedback is appreciated .
    Brazilian Portuguese Translation

Great APP, thanks!

Translated to pt-br.

When you talk about Saver Mods, it's clear that you refer to the Main Mods, but in portuguese, this gets a bit confusing, since "Saver" has a broader meaning. I took the liberty to call everything by the same name.

Also, there's a typo in <string name="specify_network">Enter Saved WFi Network SSID</string> and <string name="auto_connect_delay">Custom Auto Connet Delay</string>.

Have no idea on how to attach files, so I'll just write everything here.

Cheers!

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
        <string name="main_options">Modificações Principais</string>
        <string name="wifi_enable_saving">Economia Básica</string>
        <string name="wifi_enable_low_strength_saving">Economia de Sinal Fraco</string>
        <string name="lock_check">Bloqueio de Tela</string>
        <string name="lock_check_summary">Ative essa opção para ativar a economia, inclusive quando o dispositivo estiver bloqueado.</string>
        <string name="auto_connect_cat">Conexão Automática</string>
        <string name="specific_network_name">Especificar Nome de Rede</string>
        <string name="specific_network_name_summary">Define o nome da rede à qual quer se conectar, quando esta opção estiver ativa.</string>
        <string name="auto_connect">Conexão Automática Específica</string>
        <string name="auto_connect_summary">Conexão automática à uma rede específica, quando o WiFi estiver desabilitado. Se não houver conexão e/ou a rede não existir, o WiFi será desabilitado.</string>
        <string name="auto_connect_ignore">Conexão Automática Aleatória</string>
        <string name="auto_connect_ignore_summary">Ative essa opção para ativar a conexão automática à qualquer rede salva disponível, ao invés da rede especificada.</string>
        <string name="lock_status_mods">Modificações de Bloqueio de Tela</string>
        <string name="locked_disable">Desabilitar Quando Bloqueado</string>
        <string name="unlocked_enable">Habilitar Quando Desbloqueado</string>
        <string name="locked_disable_summary">Desabilitar WiFi quando estiver bloqueado por 5 min.</string>
        <string name="timer_cat">Modificações de Temporizador</string>
        <string name="basic_timer">Temporizador Básico</string>
        <string name="specfic_autoconnect">Temporizador de Conexão Automática Específica</string>
        <string name="random_autoconnect">Temporizador de Conexão Automática Aleatória</string>
        <string name="basic_timer_summary"><![CDATA[Habilita e Desabilita WiFi em horários específicos.]]></string>
        <string name="specfic_autoconnect_summary"><![CDATA[Habilita e Desabilita \"Conexão Automática Específica\" em horários específicos.]]></string>
        <string name="random_autoconnect_summary"><![CDATA[Habilita e Desabilita \"Conexão Automática Aleatória\" em horários específicos.]]></string>
        <string name="other_options">Outros</string>
        <string name="show_details">Exibir Detalhes de Rede</string>
        <string name="theme">Tema Escuro</string>
        <string name="app_name" translatable="false">WiFi Saver</string>
        <string name="copyrights">Desenvolvido por Abo Hani</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog1">WiFi Saver irá economizar sua bateria, desativando o WiFi quando não estiver conectado à uma rede e/ou quando não houver conexão com a internet, com vários recursos para a economia de energia via WiFi.</string>
        <string name="wlcdialogtitle">Notas</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog2">Você deverá reabilitar as opções quando seu dispositivo por reiniciado.</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog3"><![CDATA[Reabilite as opções de \"Modificações Principais\" e \"Conexão Automática\" quando habilitar/desabilitar a opção \"Bloqueio de Tela\".]]></string>
        <string name="wlcdialog4">O número da \"Economia de Sinal Fraco\" é 30. Quando seu sinal for menor que 30, ele desconectará e desabilitará o WiFi.</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog5">O serviço roda a cada 5 minutos para \"Modificações Principais\" e a cada 30 minutos para \"Conexão Automática\". Esse é o melhor tempo de verificação possível.</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog6">O \"Temporizador Básico\" não é afetado pelas \"Modificações de Bloqueio de Tela\".</string>
        <string name="wlcdialog7">Você pode definir seus próprios tempos de verificação na categoria \"Outros\".</string>
        <string name="unlocked_enable_summary">Habilitar WiFi quando o dispositivo for desbloqueado.</string>
        <string name="about_menu_title">Sobre</string>
        <string name="social_menu_title">Social</string>
        <string name="exit_menu_title">Sair</string>
        <string name="ipaddress">Endereço IP</string>
        <string name="linkspeed">Velocidade de Conexão</string>
        <string name="frequency">Frequencia</string>
        <string name="macaddress">Endereço MAC</string>
        <string name="strength">Potência de Sinal</string>
        <string name="done">Pronto</string>
        <string name="cancel">Cancelar</string>
        <string name="specify_network">Digite a SSID da Rede Salva</string>
        <string name="theme_warning">Para aplicar o novo tema, você deve reiniciar o aplicativo.</string>
        <string name="restart">Reiniciar</string>
        <string name="disable_alarm">Definir Temporizador de Desconexão</string>
        <string name="enable_alarm">Definir Temporizador de Conexão</string>
        <string name="xda_link" translatable="false">forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5097981</string>
        <string name="gp_link" translatable="false">https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7146740023146936435</string>
        <string name="AlarmSetToText">Alarme definido para</string>
        <string name="service_delay">Tempo de Verificação Personalizado</string>
        <string name="service_delay_summary"><![CDATA[Personalize um tempo de verificação para \"Modificações Principais\". O tempo padrão é 5 minutos.]]></string>
        <string name="auto_connect_delay">Tempo de Verificação de Conexão Automática Personalizado</string>
        <string name="auto_connect_delay_summary">Personalize um tempo de verificação para \"Conexão Automática\". O tempo padrão é 30 minutos.</string>
        <string name="SavedNetworkIs">Nome de rede salvo:</string>
        <string name="SavedValueIs">Valor salvo é:</string>
        <string name="num_warning">Por favor, use apenas números.</string>
        <string name="service_delay_editbox">Digite o temporizador em minutos.</string>
        <string name="specify_network_name_warning">Por favor, especifique um nome de rede</string>
    </resources>
    Very good my friend, keep your job :D:D. You want to put some option translation? Brazilians will like it.

Misc changes :
    - fix some typos .
    Is it still necessary to re-enable the options when my device is rebooted???

Unfortunately Yes, Gonna work on it in the next update .

Thanks for the updates! But please auto populate the auto connect network names as most people including me won't bother keying them in or even know how to find them.

Specific Auto Connect with Specific name is better, "Populating" the recent / most connected networks is bad thing to do, As it might not be the network you want, Or the network password is changed, Plus you won't have a networks list of "try to connect", You will only have one, So Manual adding is better.